Sign in to follow this  
ttlan

Let’s have a Kotor 2 and 1.7 last run - Bugs and stuff recapitulation

@ Supernova;

Those are engine-related issues. They have no specific dialogue. Same with the soundless movies. Restart the application, and everything is fine again. Engine-issues we cannot fix, specific dialogue issues we can. These aren't.

As for Jorran, remove jorran.dlg from the override. You see how extremely gamebreaking it can be to put a file similarly named in several modules in override. What mod did THAT? Probably same for the Gerevick and Laigrek issues. They are not from TSLRCM, so I would look at the mods you have installed as well.

@ Ttlan;

That's cause in the past, typo's were fixed by adding -1 lines with fixes to .dlg. As you noticed, that can be problematic when translating to other languages, making Zbyl's life miserable. Going to the .tlk file instead in 1.6 added lots of benefits. Of course by then many -1 additions to .dlg files have already been made. We reverted several to their tlk-entry (and fixed it there if not already) between 1.6 and 1.8, but with so many .dlg files in the game, it's easy for many to slip by. So if you notice any, please do mention.

Hope that explains that. It's not like we do it to annoy you...

Good point on Jeedai by Vossk, I will restore those for 1.8. But the Zhug definitely don't say "Jeedai". You can see because everytime they say Jedi in vanilla, actual ingame scenes. So it would be odd for us to suddenly reverse that based on cut content. It's more appropriate to fix the cut content to be inline with what actually made the game.

There is a line for "him". Obviously we cannot use that for female exiles. No "her" in the .tlk though. So we just had to create that. The thugs that you can force down the hole in the middle had the same for one line, same there. Easy since it's alien speak, no line-splitting needed.

Although, yes, we could re-write lines to remove such a mention of gender, I rather not modify OE's content without good reason. And with this resolution that's not done, the original remains, a female version is added for female PC's. Everyone wins :).

HH,

One day you told me to have made over 5,000 corrections to dialog.tlk

I do not believe this to be done with more than 5000 changes in .dlg (more that 5000 "-1")

I am glad to hear you say that the -1 return to their original location in dialog.tlk

And I sympathize with Zbyl's and his miserable life (I beat my guilt - Ouch! - it's my fault) :P

Don't you think it would be a good idea to have, for each language, an official of dialog.tlk and that we coordinate things. Then, the TSLRCM install process would download the updated localized dialog.tlk (in order to not embed so much very large files in TSLRCM itself). The install process asks for the language.

One reason for this is that TSLPatcher is unable to overwrite lines in dialog.tlk but only add lines (I have asked Stoffe, some time ago).

I feel like the only one working on the maintenance of dialog.tlk in a language other than English.

One should involve at least one person by language, able to use TalkEd.

Other thing. If the above condition is satisfied, the last lines embedded in the .dlg (-1 StrRef), which are the ones of pure creations, should be injected at locations specified in dialog.tlk. There are so much large amounts of unused lines numbers, in dialog.tlk, that we can dedicate them to that purpose (and I include there those for M4-78EP).

TSLRCM installer should use, automaticaly (if possible), DLG/UTI/UTC/MOD Language Converter 1.1

In the same order, all sentences used in "selected" (select a companion in the active group by pressing tab key) are in English only. I.E.

Atton 122695 122696 (an other, not voiced or with a bug)

Mical 122843 122844 122845

Bao-Dur 122753 122754 122755

Kreia 123031 123032 123033

Technical wishes :

A modification of FindRefs v4.4 by tk102 to look also into .mod and into files into override. It would help me find, i.e., all -1.

A find and replace tool into dialog.tlk.

I've tried TlkEditR13b

They say "Release 13 : support for 2DA V2.b files (KOTOR 1&2)" but, for all the accented characters, the result is anything (problem of Windows character set, perhaps).

Edited by ttlan

But the Zhug definitely don't say "Jeedai". You can see because everytime they say Jedi in vanilla, actual ingame scenes. So it would be odd for us to suddenly reverse that based on cut content. It's more appropriate to fix the cut content to be inline with what actually made the game.

I must finish this journey. At the rate of one step every two days (hopefully), I still have 70 steps to verify!

Then I will look at all the dialogs of the Zhug, but I do not like these people, with their "We're the best, the greatest, the strongest ..." and their cretinism simultaneous. I find the idea not so bad if they are unable to correctly pronounce Jedi. I think the idea of Chris Avellone is good (as usual) and I think, on the contrary, that it need, no doubt, extend that to all other sentences of Zhugs.

I'll see that later.

Edited by ttlan

151. Probably more typo fixes. Although 1.8's version of 305alarm has no -1 entries except for camera moves at the start, so no issues there...

Believe me when I say something. I may be wrong, I accept it, but I speak little and when I speak, that's for something.

The numbered lines are those called by 305alarm.dlg

This is not at all what I get.

Here is, in white, what it should be (including lines that appears actually but do not exist at all in dialog.tlk - I do not know from where they come from). The whole thing in this order to be coherent (but I do net agree with all the new lines):

In orange, what I get actually. In addition, in red the horrible things made to the French language.

135426 : Hein ? L'alerte ?

Hein ? L'alerte ?

135427 : Qui a ouvert la porte vers les conduites de ventilation trop tôt ? J'avais ordonné qu'elle reste scellée jusqu'à ce que j'en donne l'ordre !

Lost

135428 : Comment le Jedi aurait pu l'ouvrir de l'int...

Lost

135429 : Mira (or 135430 : Hanharr)

Lost

?????? : On dirait que le chasseur tente de s'échapper. Je vais envoyer quelques hommes prendre soin d'elle... (or On dirait que le chasseur tente de s'échapper. Je vais envoyer quelques hommes prendre soin de lui...)

Ah, on dirait que le chasseur tente de s'échapper. Je vais envoyer quelques hommes à prendre soin d'elle ...

?????? : Enfermez-la. Assurez-vous qu'elle ne puisse pas s'échapper.

Lock elle ... Assurez-vous simplement qu'elle ne veut pas (probablement "peut pas") s'échapper?

.../... [some fade in / fade out here - The Visquis guards are gone to capture Mira / Hanharr and come back empty-handed.]

?????? : Do not use such a phrase that makes no sense in relation to what is happening.

Et ouvrir la porte du tunnel (There are two tunnels witch open simultaneously and Mira or Hanharr has already open them). Je suis prêt pour les Jedi. (Stupid - the doors are already open. And no, he is not ready to host the (plural in French) Jedi. There will be only one and he will shut himself in his arena, scared to death.)

135431 : Nous devons aller à l'arène - Notre appât nous a échappé.

Lost

135432 : Déployez d'autres membres du clan pour défendre la base. Nous allons avoir besoin de tout le monde.

Déployez d'autres membres du clan pour défendre la base. Nous allons avoir besoin de tout le monde.

135433 : Et dites-leur que la vie ou la mort du Jedi m'importent peu, désormais.

Et je ne me soucie pas si Jedi vit ou meurt plus.

By cons, there is a bug of the script. Mira (or Hanharr) opens the door of the ventilation tunnels to escape (where he / she is). The door of the maze, where the Exile is, open simultaneously. So far, everything is normal. But later, inexplicably, Atton will open the door of the ventilation tunnels from the outside (Visquis said it's impossible - there is no command to open those doors from the outside) and Mira could get out. Why? In addition, Atton comes here from the Jekk'Jekk Tarr and, thus, from the maze. He is not in the ventilation ducts. And meanwhile, the Exile cleans the Visquis apartments (kill everyone) by searching everywhere but does not fall on Mira / Hanharr, which has thus escaped! So what? He/She escaped but did not escape! That all stuff is strange. And I do not speak of Zez-Kai Ell. The whole thing is strange.

Edited by ttlan

While it would be nice to have a dialog.tlk for each language (although this will definitely give a few MB's extra to the installer) I don't really think we got people of non-English or non-French doing stuff like that.

It's definitely nice to prevent the KSE breaking in the quest section, which is fixed for us english players through use of .tlk entries, but would still be an issue for players with other languages.

You can actually add lines to the TLK, no need to replace any. That's why when people install TSLRCM over, say, Coruscant they suddenly get the HK-Factory description for that planet.

Still, adding a line just for "her" in TLK is pretty counter-intuitive. And it's not like there are that many instances.

"selected" dialogue never appears anywhere written anyways. So unless the VO is also wrong, nothing bad there.

I do read what you say. So I ask the same of you. As stated that issue no longer appears for 1.8 already. The -1 line has already been replaced while doing other fixes.

You can actually add lines to the TLK, no need to replace any. That's why when people install TSLRCM over, say, Coruscant they suddenly get the HK-Factory description for that planet.

Still, adding a line just for "her" in TLK is pretty counter-intuitive. And it's not like there are that many instances.

What I suggest is not adding "new lines" in dialog.tlk but use empty gaps. I.E. 1615 to 5457; 6285 to 6316; 6320 to 7304; 7362 to 7776; 7809 to 7925; 7949 to 8650; 8680 to 9040; 9084 to 9145; 9151 to 9413; 9436 to 9569; 9587 to 9706; 9715 to 9919; aso... (if there is not a special purpose of wich I'm not aware).

This is also why I asked, long ago, that the list of compatible MODs with TSLRCM, points out, MOD by MOD, those that add lines to dialog.tlk and those who leave dialog.tlk intact. That's what I've done for the French list, but this has to be verified.

I also requested that be reported, among the MODs compatible with TSLRCM, the MODs mutually incompatible.

While it would be nice to have a dialog.tlk for each language (although this will definitely give a few MB's extra to the installer)

No! No! That's not what I suggested. In fact, I suggested that the various dialog.tlk files are not included in the TSLRCM installer but that the installer requires the installation language and download the appropriate dialog.tlk.

Edited by ttlan

I'm also having problems with an invisible Gerevick.

Replacing the appearance.2da file with the original TSLRCM did nothing, and neither did removing it (I got a backup, don't worry).

The only other mods I've got installed are hotor 1.6 and Realistic Visual Effects, both installed using that TSL patcher.

Weirdest thing is that he appeared normally in Khoonda before going into the enclave.

My graphics card is the ATI Radeon HD4870 1GB version on WinXP SP3. (Although I doubt that has any influence.)

The HK-50 series is also partially transparant (at least on Dantooine), quaint, but it doesn't bother me.

And the game crashes after killing the last laigrek in the enclave mid-section (straight ahead from the entrance).

@ Supernova;

Those are engine-related issues. They have no specific dialogue. Same with the soundless movies. Restart the application, and everything is fine again. Engine-issues we cannot fix, specific dialogue issues we can. These aren't.

As for Jorran, remove jorran.dlg from the override. You see how extremely gamebreaking it can be to put a file similarly named in several modules in override. What mod did THAT? Probably same for the Gerevick and Laigrek issues. They are not from TSLRCM, so I would look at the mods you have installed as well.

Yeah, I didn't think it was a TSLRCM problem. So would there be a similar file for Gerevick and what files are there for the laigreks? I do have the Ultimate Appearance Upgrade installed, which requires manual installation and is split into various sub-folders, including "Dialogue and Scripts", which I tried removing at first but it didn't solve it. And I've searched but there is no jorran.dlg anywhere in the KoTOR 2 directory.

As well as the Ultimate Appearance Upgrade, I'm using USM (applied via TSPatcher in the compatibility patch, as instructed), High-Level Force Powers 2.1, Improved AI, the Prestige Item Pack, Lightsaber Replacement Hilts Megapack v4.1 (FINAL), Invisible Headgear, Flickering Sabre Blades, Bao-Dur's Charged Armour, Vibrosword Replacement Pack, Workbench Crystal Attunement 1.2, Hide Weapons In Animations and Better Sabre Sounds v2.

@Onisuzume

Yep, same here: Normal Gerevick at Khoonda, invisible, instant game-crashing Gerevick at the enclave. Also the same game-crashing laigreks at the enclave mid-section. Did you patch your game before installing any of the mods?

Yep, same here: Normal Gerevick at Khoonda, invisible, instant game-crashing Gerevick at the enclave. Also the same game-crashing laigreks at the enclave mid-section. Did you patch your game before installing any of the mods?

Ofcourse.

Had to download the patches manually though since the in-launcher updater doesn't do it anymore.

Also had the problem with the Handmaiden Sisters, but fixed that be reinstalling some mods, and not installing some that I had installed (better Te Taylir Mand'alor).

@Onisuzume

I only ask because I was just wandering if the official patches conflict with the TSLRCM somehow, considering that it fixes bug as it goes along.

I'm also having problems with an invisible Gerevick.

Replacing the appearance.2da file with the original TSLRCM did nothing, and neither did removing it (I got a backup, don't worry).

The only other mods I've got installed are hotor 1.6 and Realistic Visual Effects, both installed using that TSL patcher.

Weirdest thing is that he appeared normally in Khoonda before going into the enclave.

My graphics card is the ATI Radeon HD4870 1GB version on WinXP SP3. (Although I doubt that has any influence.)

The HK-50 series is also partially transparant (at least on Dantooine), quaint, but it doesn't bother me.

And the game crashes after killing the last laigrek in the enclave mid-section (straight ahead from the entrance).

For me too, my first thinking would be to look at the official patches

And as said by Onisuzume, you have to choose, download and instal manualy

http://www.lucasarts.com/support/update/kotor2int.html

@Onisuzume

I only ask because I was just wandering if the official patches conflict with the TSLRCM somehow, considering that it fixes bug as it goes along.

Shouldn't conflict, as far as I know, since the mod should be based on the latest official version (from the lucas arts website).

Especially when the order of installation is:

1: Main Game.

2: Patch 1.0a

3: Patch 1.0b

4: TSKRCM 1.7

Shouldn't conflict, as far as I know, since the mod should be based on the latest official version (from the lucas arts website).

Especially when the order of installation is:

1: Main Game.

2: Patch 1.0a

3: Patch 1.0b

4: TSKRCM 1.7

Not only is there no conflict, but in addition, requires prior installation. It does not even comes to mind that the question can be asked. TSLRCM fixed other bugs but does not replace Obsidian.

TSLRCM based on a full installation of K2, that is to say the game and its official patch.

Respect Onisuzume order of installation.

Note that you can see, here and there, something called patch 1.0c. Do not use this trick. The 1.0c patch does not exist!

Before installing TSLRCM, I suggest to remove the write protection of all files and directories of Kotor 2.

Also: it is often suggested using something called "Vista Fix" under XP, Vista and 7. This thing is useless for Kotor 2. It covers only Kotor 1.

As the sirens, we hear about the SecuROM (DRM protection management). It covers only Vista for K1 and K2.

So... any idea for a solution to the invisible gerevick yet?

I can live with not being able to fight that one particular laigrek.

You'll miss out Kaevee though.

And yeah, the original patches are advised, not required. Don't install them *after* TSLRCM though. That will be bad.

As for invisible Gerevick, all I can think off is restore to the original appearance.2da from TSLRCM and use a savegame from before entering the Academy Sublevel... ever.

Before installing TSLRCM, I suggest to remove the write protection of all files and directories of Kotor 2.

As in remove the read-only property from each of the folders in the KoTOR 2 directory? Which Windows 7 isn't even allowing me to do!! I apply the change but the next time I bring up the folder properties, it's read-only again!

Edited by Supernova2000

As in remove the read-only property from each of the folders in the KoTOR 2 directory? Which Windows 7 isn't even allowing me to do!! I apply the change but the next time I bring up the folder properties, it's read-only again!

It works perfectly. The idea is to remove the read-only on all files in each directory. The files remain unprotected so they can be overwritten or modified. Regardless of the status of the directories themselves, that can remain protected.

After the patchs/MODs installation, you can "turn back" your files to a write-protect scheme.

Added (153) The first squad of HK-50 is slow to react

Added (154) The second squad of HK-50, in front of the docks gate, is slow to react.

Added (155) The weapons stock of Kex.

Added (156) Airlock crossing between the docks and the platform.

Added (157) Passers among us during a fight.

Added (158) Scenario! The rescue is something natural!

Added (159) Visionary Audience Chamber - Perhaps something missing

Added (160) The droids "Sugar Tongs" before and after the Central Command

Added (161) Exit of Mira from the apartments of Visquis

See http://deadlystream.com/forum/topic/894-let%e2%80%99s-have-a-kotor-2-and-17-last-run-bugs-and-stuff-recapitulation/page__view__findpost__p__10280

Edited by ttlan

"selected" dialogue never appears anywhere written anyways. So unless the VO is also wrong, nothing bad there.

My mistake. I was testing on a special installation made of my English version of K2 Frenchified (dialog.tlk, lips, StreamVoice) instead of my 100% French version of K2. The kernel remains in English for the English version Frenchified.

153 & 154; Already fixed for 1.8

155. That's how merchants work in KOTOR2.

156. Not sure what you mean here. What airlock?

159. Mod stuff, not restoration. Also, there are alternative dialogues, one having Goto know the player unconscious. Maybe you want that? Not going to be in TSLRCM though

160. "Sugar Tongs"??? What???

160. "Sugar Tongs"??? What???

Listen, HH

I beg your pardon, but every time I see them, I can not prevent me from having a burst of laughter.

This is an image that pops into my brain in connection with our table arts, in France.

He does not comes to mind to anyone of handling lumps of sugar by hand. It is a question of manners, elegance and hygiene.

But here! The lethal weapon of the droid guardian of the Visionary is nothing but a sugar tongs!

097_droide_pince_a_sucre.png

This is a sugar tongs. A current object at home. An now a lethal weapon!

097_pince_a_sucre.png

Is there no other droids than those ridiculous scrap heaps, these guards unarmed?

Ah! But I think! The Visionary was a so elegant yacht before GoTo transform it. There is still elegant reception rooms in the Visionary. Perhaps it is the original staff of the yacht, ready for the tea service in the salons of the Visionary. Big lumps of sugar in store!

Edited by ttlan

156. Not sure what you mean here. What airlock?

That's my fault. I was not specific enough.

After T3 escaped from the droid warehouse with Vogga's transponder codes and a blank transponder card, we go to Tienn Tubb's Shop. To do so, we have to transit from Nar Shaddaa Docks to Landing Pad through an airlock. When you open the airlock, Docks side, instead of being on the Landing Pad, we stay in the airlock, between the two doors, closed, and facing to the Docks. If you move forward, you're on the docks. When we are three, from time to time, two are in the airlock, between the closed doors, and the third one is on the PF, on the other side of the closed door. This can be redo indefinitely.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me to allow me to capture video. I could illustrate problems like this one. What a capture tool? What codec and so on. ... I tried it with CamStudio but it's a nightmare jerky.

Edited by ttlan

Added (162) GoTo at Visquis office

Added (163) Nadaa and Adana - 302NAR.mod\nadaa.dlg

Added (164) 003EBO.mod baorem1.dlg, baorem2.dlg and baorem3.dlg - upgrade the Bao-Dur remote to maintenance and fight

See http://deadlystream.com/forum/topic/894-let%e2%80%99s-have-a-kotor-2-and-17-last-run-bugs-and-stuff-recapitulation/page__view__findpost__p__10280