Sign in to follow this  
ttlan

Let’s have a Kotor 2 and 1.7 last run - Bugs and stuff recapitulation

Sadly enough, the 003EBO Ebon Hawk doesn't work that way. No keeping your teammates. If we were to do that we would have to create an entire new module just for the scene, just as is the case at the end of Peragus, the Red Eclipse and any other time you have teammates.

Sadly enough, the 003EBO Ebon Hawk doesn't work that way. No keeping your teammates. If we were to do that we would have to create an entire new module just for the scene, just as is the case at the end of Peragus, the Red Eclipse and any other time you have teammates.

"No keeping your teammates" ???

It was possible to get help from the team, including T3 (and Brianna if PC is male) against Visas, and it was funny.

056_equipage_libre_2.gif

056_equipage_libre_3.gif

056_equipage_libre_4.gif

Added point 96 to 98 (about the scene of the first meeting of Visas Marr, after leaving Telos) in http://deadlystream.com/forum/topic/894-let%e2%80%99s-have-a-kotor-2-and-17-last-run-bugs-and-stuff-recapitulation/page__view__findpost__p__10280

Edited by ttlan

Funny and intended are 2 different things.

96) Would cause camera issues if done pretty much anywhere.

97) Not for the english version.

98) It's the same line, just to end got cut of it. Probably why there is no translation, the file was added. If you provide said line to Sith Holocron and Zbyl, they might be able to fix that for the French version...

Not much to do about... his dialogue never really mentions Akkere anyways, so basing it on having heard that, not really possible.

Already fixed for 1.8

Well, I checked. Nothing of the sort in the english dialogue. VO is as text states... :/

Well, I checked. Nothing of the sort in the english dialogue. VO is as text states... :/

A good idea to develop for a modder

Added point 102

in http://deadlystream.com/forum/topic/894-let%e2%80%99s-have-a-kotor-2-and-17-last-run-bugs-and-stuff-recapitulation/page__view__findpost__p__10280

Added an image for point 97

Edited by ttlan

97. Yeah, not happening for the english version. Sure that's not in vanilla already since we don't actually modify said files (yet, 1.8 does).

101. Except there is no VO for such for an english mod... :/

102. IIRC, it's a quest item. And it's passive, so it's used when you just have it, no action required.

Guest Senka

102. IIRC, it's a quest item. And it's passive, so it's used when you just have it, no action required.

It doesn't work.I had it in inventory but still was attacked by kinrath

It doesn't work on those at the end (the Hive Kinrath). Though it does work for the others.

DS point only. This works, but only for the two new kinraths that appear and kill Arnhell. This does not work with any other Kinrath. After that, it remains in the inventory but is useless.

Added new points.

Added some new points (102 to 112) at http://deadlystream.com/forum/topic/894-let%e2%80%99s-have-a-kotor-2-and-17-last-run-bugs-and-stuff-recapitulation/page__view__findpost__p__10280

Edited by ttlan

You killed her, right? That's a Random Loot drop bug 1.8 fixes. Aside from that 1.8 has some more tweaks so Kaevee and Jorran no longer both give ligthsabers. The other item is still limited to the French edition.

One lightsaber is worth more than the junk you find in the sublevel, don't you agree?

Even the "biggest haul" that everyone fights about is mainly just a lightsaber.

Random loot's random loot. It would seriously upset the balance of the game if we just add "30" items there.

That's a generic Aurora error with dialogue during combat. It doesn't really like it. Nothing to about that, except never to initiate a conversation while hostiles are attacking (see also; Nar Shaddaa Zhug's using Improved AI which makes you teammates attack too soon).

Actually, that happens as part of the "training Bao-Dur to Jedi" cutscene on the Ebon Hawk (TSLRCM only). And no, no unlimited XP exploits!

Not a clue what you mean here... :/

You killed her, right? That's a Random Loot drop bug 1.8 fixes. Aside from that 1.8 has some more tweaks so Kaevee and Jorran no longer both give ligthsabers. The other item is still limited to the French edition.

No. Canonical. LS. For all three pieces, there is no name and no description.

Perhaps a French only bug to fix in 1.8.

One lightsaber is worth more than the junk you find in the sublevel, don't you agree?

Even the "biggest haul" that everyone fights about is mainly just a lightsaber.

I.E. There must be some robes in the Enclave. Kaevee wears one at her size whereas she is 17 and she was 12 when she was imprisoned.

Random loot's random loot. It would seriously upset the balance of the game if we just add "30" items there.

It is a pity because the improvements made by Obsidian to the use of the workbench allow to prolong the game for several hours and have fun. The more things to tinker, the more we stay in.

Actually, that happens as part of the "training Bao-Dur to Jedi" cutscene on the Ebon Hawk (TSLRCM only). And no, no unlimited XP exploits!

1.7 ? Did not notice that yet.

Not a clue what you mean here... :/

Simple : Enclave : you can blow up the console of the Power Relay Station, in order to open the door of the storage room, with a power overload, while there is no electricity to feed the console !

To feed it, you must first use the "Feed the Power Relay Station" order on the droid bay console.

The order on the "Droid bay console"

067_bug_console_reserve.png

But since you put me out that you are not aware of this stuff, I wonder if it's not a mistake of translation in the French version. Indeed, from this console of the droids bay, you can, normally, only manage cameras, not manage consoles. So I look in the files and I find that "Power Relay Station [southwest quadrant]" has been translated in "Power on the Relay Station"!!!

Added (113) 123484 : "Something happened within the Enclave. What is it?"

Added (114) This idiot Disciple!

Added (115) The Meetra Surik Holocron and the hidden room in the Enclave

See http://deadlystream.com/forum/topic/894-let%e2%80%99s-have-a-kotor-2-and-17-last-run-bugs-and-stuff-recapitulation/page__view__findpost__p__10280

Added (116) Error in a restored scene : The Republic seeks the Exile

See http://deadlystream.com/forum/topic/894-let%e2%80%99s-have-a-kotor-2-and-17-last-run-bugs-and-stuff-recapitulation/page__view__findpost__p__10280

114. That's because Disciple is a Soldier. Soldiers don't use INT. So gameplay wise it makes sense (HK having high STR much less for example, or Mandalore more DEX than his armor allows and still being blaster-focused at start)

116. For someone understanding the TSL plot so much you do leave wide gaps. Also if the Atton rivalry surfaces it becomes apparent that he does infact not wait that long to send transmissions.

It stands for reason Disciple doesn't want anyone to find out about the Exile if travelling with her, learning from her, before contacting Cede/Carth.

114. That's because Disciple is a Soldier. Soldiers don't use INT. So gameplay wise it makes sense (HK having high STR much less for example, or Mandalore more DEX than his armor allows and still being blaster-focused at start)

I agree with the fact that using templates accelerate and simplify things in terms of development. However, putting everyone in the same bag is critical, in the real life too.

Mical has three skills. Perhaps having 3 skill points instead of one, at each level, is the solution.

To be well understood: I do not like at all this character, but, for the game to be coherent, I think Mical cannot be so stupid.

He has unlimited skills as a historian.

He has skills as a doctor.

He has expertise in chemistry. He can break down items and produce new ones at the lab station.

He has analytical and political skills:

He is the only one, at that time in the Republic, making a difference between Jedi and Sith.

He makes an analysis of the Revan strategy that is astonishing and exact, and antithesis of the usual analysis made by the Republic, during the formation of Revan's Sith Empire.

He comes very close to - and finally comes to fully understand - the origin of evil that eats the Force. Kreia will oppose this clairvoyance then eventually give it.

But he is a wise person who knows.

He is pompous, smug, pedantic, displaying his "knowledge" from the top of his science with phrases like:

my contemporaries would judge me…

I am not certain you understand…

Do you wish me to explain?...

What else would you like to know?...

I'm trying to save the Republic…

I do not know if you are aware…

I have been trained by some of the best researchers in the Republic…

I can apply my knowledge and skills to helping you…

When we are to ask him a question with "I have questions for you." he begins by taking us for an idiot, throughout all the journey, with:

That is hardly surprising. What do you wish to know?

And he's phony, too! When meeting him in the library of the Jedi Enclave on Dantooine, he said:

once I arrived, I felt it was necessary to stay, to protect what was left.

Well done ... the soldier monk! ... At this time, in the journey, we just loot the entire lower level of the Jedi Enclave (where he is located), putting all the Jedi artifacts lying there in our pockets, after massacring the local fauna loudly, blowing up doors and blowing violently an energy relay station to shatter a door, raised voice with Jorran and Kaevee, even without he half-opened the door to see what happens! The small Kaevee, up from her 17 years old, does not hesitate to rush against us and admonish us.

Even stronger! He allows himself to judge the Exile and, better still, he will judge her worthy to be his master!

I think you are right. It is time. I have watched you. You have become strong in the Force again - but that is not all. You have achieved a center in the chaos around us, and I have felt it.

In addition, tastier: the gentleman had quite a destiny!

I want you to teach me the ways of the Force. To become a Jedi Knight, what I meant to be.

Well, everyone will understand that I do not like this character, but I think he deserves to have a greater allotment of skills points, even if there is no affect at his intelligence. Begin at 3 skill points instead of 1 seems to be an easy and conclusive solution.

116. For someone understanding the TSL plot so much you do leave wide gaps. Also if the Atton rivalry surfaces it becomes apparent that he does infact not wait that long to send transmissions.

It stands for reason Disciple doesn't want anyone to find out about the Exile if travelling with her, learning from her, before contacting Cede/Carth.

But, HH!

Mical is a common soldier at the orders of the Admiralty. The Republic dispatch spies everywhere, feverishly, probably long overdue. After the "Dark Wars" and the "Jedi Purge", which took place between Kotor 1 and Kotor 2, the Republic has admitted that only the Jedi Order is able to restore and guarantee peace. The Republic needs to be rebuilt and for that, needs to rebuild the Jedi Order as soon as possible.

When Mical meets Meetra Surik, he sends a message (with the usual precautions of a spy) to the authority, without waiting for a second.

1 /. If he allow himself to defer one second such an information, he will face immediately the martial court and be immediately executed for high treason. Obey to orders, in the army, especially during such difficult times, is of common sense.

2 /. How can you think that a common soldier could take an initiative against the admirals of the republican army?! How can you think, in addition, that this initiative would be to take time to assess a general (Meetra is a general - and, according to Revan, the best he has ever had - book novel from Drew) and only alert the authorities after himself makes his own assessment?

3 /. What objective assessment could Mical do about Meetra, as he is madly in love and he begs her, kneeling, to be his master? He puts her on a pedestal and his "assessment", if "assessment" there is, is made at first sight.

072_le_disciple_devient_jedi.png

Moreover, he makes an assessment (see my previous post), as soon as first sight. The influence on him is at 100% beginning quite with the first words. And you are aware of that, as you made modifications to that part of disciple.dlg

4/. On the other hand, how can you think Mical wants to keep her for himself and benefit from her teaching, before warning the Republic? The Republic is aware of her return Since the Harbinger episode. It is the Republic that sent the Harbinger to seek out Meetra. She did not wait for Mical to find her. And she also ordered the recovery of the Ebon Hawk, or its remains. Such an attitude, on the part of a soldier, in war period, as it is currently the case, is punishable by martial court (and, again, I repeat that Mical is an intelligent, even if he is a simple soldier).

5/. The Telos attack, by Nihilus, is at the end of the journey. Do you realy think Mical will wait so long? He would be crazy!

Note that Mical seems not to be aware of the discover of the Exile on the Outer Rim. He says "Admiral, this is Mical. I have found the exile." not "I have recovered".

Therefore, it is as soon as he board the Ebon Hawk (or when he joined Khoonda if the Exile is a male) that he sends his message to his superiors.

The sending of another message - that of the imminent attack of Telos - is certainly not related to the priority transmission of the discovery of Meetra.

Aaaanyways, in regard to the Holocron lines, I bet you would be interested in;

StrRef 119405 to 119445

And GBLDISCIPLE283.wav to GBLDISCIPLE332.wav.

And she also ordered the recovery of the Ebon Hawk, or its remains.

She? Admiral Onasi ordered the recovery of the Ebon Hawk.

151repcapt019: "If you find any trace of that vessel [the Ebon Hawk] - even wreckage - I want it."

Aaaanyways, in regard to the Holocron lines, I bet you would be interested in;

StrRef 119405 to 119445

And GBLDISCIPLE283.wav to GBLDISCIPLE332.wav.

I have seen that.

Actually, I think it may be a Holocron owned by the Exile, in her room, modified by the Sith (not an Holocron made by the Exile).

I have noted that some dialog options are present, in case Mical is not yet a Jedi.

Once you open it, you can stay LS ore move to DS. Therefore, only a LS one can open it (?).

The player, (only LS?), can learn a Force power, that seems to be the same as Force Enlightenment, ("several defensive aspects of the Force all at once").

All is already translated in French.

All is already voiced in French.

She? Admiral Onasi ordered the recovery of the Ebon Hawk.

151repcapt019: "If you find any trace of that vessel [the Ebon Hawk] - even wreckage - I want it."

Yes "She" - I'm talking of the Republic, by the voice of Onasi.

Do I have to say "It"?

Added (119) Find the blaster of Onasi

Added (120) Typo (or something else) in 1.7 French insertions outside dialog.tlk

Added (121) Conversation error at the EH workbench

Edited by ttlan

Added (122) A sentence that should no longer be pronounced by the Jedi Mical

Added (123) You have gained a bonus to your weakest and strongest skills

Added (124) 301NAR.mod\kreiatch.dlg E16 - Localised version

Added (125) One human, not amusing fight.

Added (126) The movements of the lips, the duration to express the sentences, in French

118. Nope

119. That's now how the random loot system works. Actually with the fixes of 1.8 to robes you can expect something similar there too (many Darth Malak armors for example)...

121. Nothing we change there, you have to look at your other mods.

122. Agreed. I'll look into it.

123. Already fixed for 1.8

124. The animation and cut-off issues are already fixed for 1.8. The reason for the -1 is for lines WITHOUT :: :: when Kreia is in the party, which apparently are lacking in the dialog.tlk. For french lines, contact zbyl. Looks all French lines are in, except for "{Softly, this is Kreia's core belief} Manipulation is done through propelling events... or selected ones... into motion. It is done through teaching, through example, and through conviction.", that's still english. Though that might be overlooked rather than him not knowing the French version of this line...

125. You realise the "one human" is the refugee they bully, right?

126. Can't help you there. Try (again) Zbyl...

124. The reason for the -1 is for lines WITHOUT :: :: when Kreia is in the party, which apparently are lacking in the dialog.tlk.

For french lines, contact zbyl. Looks all French lines are in, except for "{Softly, this is Kreia's core belief} Manipulation is done through propelling events... or selected ones... into motion. It is done through teaching, through example, and through conviction.", that's still english.

This is StrRef 85104

It's in French in the original dialog.tlk from OE and in the updated dialog.tlk

85104 :

:: La manipulation consiste à donner un mouvement aux événements. On y arrive par l'enseignement, l'exemple et la force de conviction... ::

125. You realise the "one human" is the refugee they bully, right?

I forgot about him ! My mistake.

Hmmm, that line is in, seems like lines got reversed. The missing line would be the french version of...

And the greatest of victories are not manipulations at all, but simply awakening others... to the truth of what you believe. Of hearing it echoed around you, in life.

Also the following lines use the TLK, so no ::-less version probably;

Not in the sense you understand it - the ability to fool the minds of others, to dominate them on a massive scale that you speak of is not achieved best through raw power.
For as long as it lasts. Like life, such waking moments within the Force are rare, waiting for the right moment when the critical point is struck, and the sound rises....

Hey, 4 dots... gotta fix that for the english .tlk :D.