Sign in to follow this  
ttlan

Let’s have a Kotor 2 and 1.7 last run - Bugs and stuff recapitulation

162. You mean Vogga, right?

163. Yeah, that's how giving rewards and quest updates work, sadly enough. Since talking again gives the exact same reply, no harm though. Unlike, say, some stuff during the tutorial.

164. The healing script of Remote does exist. Not quite sure how the heck it decides when to heal though, it's a bit too complicated for me to understand...

Can't say about the laser...

162. You mean Vogga, right?

Yes, Vogga.

GoTo says : "I am waiting outside" and he enters.

"Ralon's line about how the holocron is worth thousands of credits does not match the voiceover, "to any Jedi" is missing."

- JCarter426

Could anyone confirm that? Is it still present in 1.7/8?

"Ralon's line about how the holocron is worth thousands of credits does not match the voiceover, "to any Jedi" is missing."

- JCarter426

Could anyone confirm that? Is it still present in 1.7/8?

It's fixed (in 1.7 already).

Added (165) 201TEL - Return to Citadel Station - Citadel Station - Dock Module - Passers-by motionless

Added (166) 201TEL - Return to Citadel Station - Citadel Station - Dock Module - A Passer-by know how to escape the fight.

Added (167) 201TEL - Return to Citadel Station - Citadel Station - Dock Module - The HK-50 squad is without reaction.

Added (168) 201TEL - Return to Citadel Station - Citadel Station - Dock Module - The ithorien of Docking Bay 2

Added (169) 201TEL - Return to Citadel Station - Citadel Station - Dock Module - Protocol droïd

Added (170) Return to Citadel Station - Ithorian Compound - Ithorian Greeter

Added (171) Return to Citadel Station - Ithorian Compound - Ithorian motionless

Added (172) Return to Citadel Station - Residential Module 082 West - All passers-by are motionless

Added (173) Return to Citadel Station - Residential Module 082 Est - All passers-by are motionless

Added (174) Like a pupil that one would have put at the corner

Added (175) 202TEL.mod\202grenn.dlg - "First, let's talk about my fee."

Added (176) It was announced to a lieutenant of the TSF the drama of Katarr!

See http://deadlystream.com/forum/topic/894-let%e2%80%99s-have-a-kotor-2-and-17-last-run-bugs-and-stuff-recapitulation/page__view__findpost__p__10280

167. Already fixed for 1.8

169. No content for this...

172 & 173. Already fixed for 1.8... already stated in this thread. We go circles?

177. Not sure what you mean. Screenshot.

178. Well, there have been more strange french translations (like the Dantooine `door code´ one of which is no mention anywhere in english). Not sure what you're trying to point out other than you found another .tlk tweak you have to make for your french version...

177. Not sure what you mean. Screenshot.

178. Well, there have been more strange french translations (like the Dantooine `door code´ one of which is no mention anywhere in english). Not sure what you're trying to point out other than you found another .tlk tweak you have to make for your french version...

177 - Arnhell :

Dantooine is the first planet where I go. I have talked to Arnhell long ago, the first time that I entered the cave. I trigger the battle of Dantooine far later (it is the last battle that I trigger, after all the others planets). Meantime, from time to time, I return to the crystal cave in order to kill few Kinraths (as after making modifications to my guns and my light sabers, to verify that all is well). Each time, Arnhell stands still, motionless, at the place where I have left him the first time I met him.

178 - Discrepancy between the English and French.

I will modify the French dialog.tlk to reflect the actual French audio file. There is no impact in understanding the intentions of Kreia (and Obsidian).

This phrase (translation of a probable initial English version) was probably removed (in English only) because it might be misinterpreted (about the Order of the "New Sith" in general). It must simply be understood as an introduction to the fact that Kreia does not accompany the Exile on Korriban, what she will say some sentences later. She leaves the Exile facing new tests in the context of the teaching methods she wants, a teaching where the Exile gives himself/herself tuition to himself/herself, trying to find back what he/she was and, then, to surpass himself/herself to, finally, surpass the master. The fact of not go because the dark side is too strong for her is a preposterous justification for letting the Exile alone with himself/herself.

It is also a repeat from another sentence of Kreia, very similar, that she will say a few sentences later. StrRef 108896 :

They found Korriban much as we have - barren and lifeless. It was assumed that the remnants of the Sith turned on each other, vying for what little power remained.

Edited by ttlan

Maybe, maybe not. The line isn't really that relevant, it's a repeatal of information supplied to the player already on the Ebon Hawk (that they all killed each other in the power vacuum). And could be because she senses Sion. Or training related as you say. The ways of the Force are mysterious. Not sure what any of it has to do with the line mentioned though.

And while I know the canon name is "Meetra", could you go back to Exile again? Reading that sentance with so many Meetra's is just confusing me, had to re-read it a few times to get your point. It still is actually.

Maybe something silly of me, but that's how it is...

And while I know the canon name is "Meetra", could you go back to Exile again? Reading that sentance with so many Meetra's is just confusing me, had to re-read it a few times to get your point. It still is actually.

Maybe something silly of me, but that's how it is...

Edited the post back to listing her as "the Exile" and I will refer to her as such in the future.

Maybe, maybe not. The line isn't really that relevant, it's a repeatal of information supplied to the player already on the Ebon Hawk (that they all killed each other in the power vacuum). And could be because she senses Sion. Or training related as you say. The ways of the Force are mysterious. Not sure what any of it has to do with the line mentioned though.

It is also a repeat from another sentence of Kreia, very similar, that she will say a few sentences later, in the same dialog. StrRef 108896 :

They found Korriban much as we have - barren and lifeless. It was assumed that the remnants of the Sith turned on each other, vying for what little power remained.

Added (179) 003EBO.mod\kor_int.dlg Camera on Visas instead of Kreia

Added (180) 003EBO.mod\kor_int.dlg Missing companions at this meeting

See http://deadlystream.com/forum/topic/894-let%e2%80%99s-have-a-kotor-2-and-17-last-run-bugs-and-stuff-recapitulation/page__view__findpost__p__10280

The exile followed Revan and Malak during the Mandalorian Wars but not the Jedi Civil War. I think that's what Ghost Malak is talking about.

No issue there indeed. Key is "down our path"... the exile turned away. You did follow Revan, but not all the way. As such there's nothing wrong about the wording or order...

The exile followed Revan and Malak during the Mandalorian Wars but not the Jedi Civil War. I think that's what Ghost Malak is talking about.

This conversation reproduces the initial recruitment, about 3 years before the Battle of Malachor V, toward 3963 BBY, at the beginning of recruitment by Revan and Malak.

It begins with

Do not heed the words of the Jedi Council. The Republic will fall if we do not act now.

Already the Mandalorians have taken three systems along the Rim. They will only grow more powerful with time.

Come stand with me. We will use our might to help the Republic in its time of need. Join Revan and I. Together, we will battle this menace.

No issue there indeed. Key is "down our path"... the exile turned away. You did follow Revan, but not all the way. As such there's nothing wrong about the wording or order...

I notice the "down our path" in English (wich is not translated as this in French, one of the reasons why I have to redo this translation).

This whole conversation is cryptic. It is difficult to decide whether it refers to a period before or after Malachor V.

All the indications evoke the recruitment of 3,963 BBY (the reluctance of the Council, the war against the Mandalorians has just started - they have just already taken three systems, the war is ongoing...). Only this sentence, 94356, makes a mess in there, because of "And now you are all alone." and "You didn't follow Revan and I down our path." These are the only allusions to the period after Malachor V.

All this speaks of joining Revan and Malak, not of the departure of the Exile in 3960 BBY instead of staying with them.

What is certain is that it takes place after 3964 BBY, since Malak has the sequelae of his passage in the hands of Demagol.

Remember that recruitment begins in 3964 BBY (Kotor comics).

I am not speaking of the case "Bastila" who never joined the coalition against the Mandalorians, but led the squad that captured Revan in 3956 BBY and has "joined" Malak (and only "Malak") a few days, during 3956 BBY, under torture.

I think this sentence, 94356, has nothing to do here.

Edited by ttlan

It is difficult to decide whether it refers to a period before or after Malachor V.

It doesn't neither. It's a twist between the old conversation AS IT HAPPENED, and the vision itself commenting on your modern replies. While certain parts have infact actually been said, a lot of it is also just the cave testing you. And not being based in reality aside from the cave itself (does that make sense)?

You might want to check out the Let's Play KOTOR2, and this specific section. Scorchy probably worded it better than me.

(and yes, there are a few more lines than just these 2 that aren't exactly possible if it's a true representation of past events)

It's a twist between the old conversation AS IT HAPPENED, and the vision itself commenting on your modern replies.

Yes. I agree with that.

What is going wrong is those two sentences one after the other :

Malak :

So knowing all that would transpire, would you still follow Revan and I? Excellent. And now you are all alone. Would you join me now? You didn't follow Revan and I down our path. Join us. Your journey hasn't ended yet.

There are plenty of acrobatics in this dialogue, but there, it's simply an unbearable simplistic contradiction. The acrobatics are understandable, and understood, but not contradictions.

These two sentences can not be put end to end (in any order, moreover).

Edit:

There is also a third allusion to the after Malachor V :

Exile : StrRef 94386 :

I didn't follow you then, and I certainly won't now.

Edited by ttlan

Added (179) 003EBO.mod\kor_int.dlg Camera on Visas instead of Kreia

Checked this out and have no idea why it happens. Basically, it shouldn't... :/

Added (182) Leaving the tomb of Ludo Kressh, Kreia ask me again if I'm ready to go!

Added (183) Visit Nar Shaddaa when there's nothing left to do there. GoTo is waiting at Vogga's place!

Added (184) A kath dog looking and attacking in the wrong direction in Vogga's place

Added (185) Attract Azkul's mercenaries toward Saedhe's place. Saedhe does nothing. He do not even notice the fight.

182. Never had that happen...

185. How likely is it to lure them all the way over there to bother changing this...?

[*](46) The two guards from the Czerka calculating center are called T1-N1

See screenshot : http://assiste.free.fr/kotor_2/images/041_bug_t1_n1.png

Status

Pending - Look at the screen capture - Upload a save for HH

In context : (Open (deploy) the paragraph on red background (bug) closed) http://assiste.free.fr/kotor_2/041_telos_citadelle_mission_centre_de_calcul_ordinateur_czerka.html#bug_077

Small modifications made to T1 scene (took effort though). No longer does T1 appear to have said the guards stuff in the log, and guards now use lipsynch. Had to write new script (and change timing slightly) cause otherwise T1 wouldn't turn properly back to B4 before fleeing. Couldn't modify existing script due to partial re-decompression...

[*](47) B-4D4 / Opo Chano 1

203TEL.mod\203chano.dlg

Continue clause (E 59) between R 76 (StrRef 79680) and R 77 (StrRef 79681)

Improper wait of 4 seconds (delay = 4)

There is not this pose in the Vanilla version (delay = -1)

Status

Pending (see next)

In context : http://assiste.free.fr/kotor_2/041_telos_citadelle_mission_centre_de_calcul_ordinateur_czerka.html#titre_neuf

[*](48) B-4D4 / Opo Chano 2

203TEL.mod\203chano.dlg

Continue Clause (E 61) between R 78 (StrRef 79,682) and R 79 (StrRef 79,683)

Laying of 4 seconds inappropriate.

There is not this pose in the Vanilla version (delay = -1)

In both cases, a delay (shorter) would be justified if B-4D4 had the opportunity to change of tone (or tapping fingers on the table, or if he could pose a silence etc ...), showing that B-4D4 is playing with the nerves of Opo Chano. However, this is not the case (that's a shame and the idea of that delay (quite sure, an HH idea) was good) and this 4 seconds delay, not staged, falls badly.

Status

Strange - the whole thing takes too long : According to HH “No, in vanilla it's a blank line that's voiced though. The pause instead is called a "bug-fix"... and was OE's intention (they just screwed up and added a voiced line) “

In context :

Reduced them to 2 seconds instead... -1 with VO was definitely a bug though...

the Gammorean enforcers for instance, who should be gone actually by then! Not yet fixed

I wanted to fix this, to find it already fixed! Who did that??? :eek:

A list, in several parts.

Points 1 to 80

Points 81 to 186

Points 187 to ...

• (187) Pronunciation time too short (at least in French)
    701KOR.mod\kreia_kr.dlg
    StrRef 109164
    Pronunciation time too short (at least in French).
    I do not know where this set, for this to be dependent on the installed language and not imposed on all languages (parameter outside .dlg).
    Status
    Pending
    In context :

• (188) Academy of Korriban - Training Room - There could be some fun!
    In front of the training room, 3 Sith assassins await you.

Enter the training room running; do not engage the fight (their shots do not hurt) and go immediately to the computer run the training sequence. The assassins follow you. The door closes behind you and open cages, releasing Tuk'atas hungry.

Sith assassins are trapped with you.

What do you think happens? Well nothing! Absolutely nothing!

As we learn in a DB later (the first object found upon entering the Shyracks cave) the Tuk'atas are more or less prepared by the Sith, but Sith seem to have many problems in dressage. Therefore, the hungry Tuk'atas should have to jump on them that should have to defend themselves and you would have seen this as a spectator reaping the PX.

Idea of an additional MOD (no TSLRCM):
    Have a conversation with the Sith assassins after you have saved them and try to turn them to the light side ...

Unusual thing for fun: (no TSLRCM)
    Take control of a companion.
    Let enter a companion or two, leaving the Exile outside. Close the door. Kill the Tuk'atas. The Exile cannot enter. The companions cannot get out. Find a solution.

Status
    Pending
    In context :

• (189) Torture of a HK-50 by HK-47. At the end of this scene, black screen.
    Meetings of the third HK-50 squad with HK-47 (this happens on Dxun for me). I go back immediately into the EH to attend the scene of torture of a HK-50 by HK-47. At the end of this scene, black screen.
    May be repeated indefinitely. Possibility of finding the exit of the Ebon Hawk in the dark to continue the adventure.
    Status
    Pending
    In context :

• (190) No more sub-title is displayed at the bottom of the workspace in any dialogue
    Dxun and Iziz - No more sub-title is displayed at the bottom of the workspace in any dialogue (except for the the Exile's dialog options).

Exeption:
    502OND.mod \ al_poli.dlg
    Ditto for Gormo
    And so on. ...

In fact all aliens subtitles appear, but none of the others.
    Status
    Pending
    In context :

• (191) Dialog options disappeared with Tolas
    Exile
    90293 :
    What can you tell me about the place?
    Tolas
    90281 :
    Ask someone who cares about that. Iziz has suffered for many years. The strongest of us are accustomed to it now.
    Status
    Pending
    In context :

• (192) 502OND.mod\cp_tolas.dlg - R7 - Implicit End Dialog
    If c_visa_have false, there is an implicit end dialog (an implicit exit of the script !).
    This runs, player's side, but, for a programmer, this is a horrible thing.
    Status
    Pending
    In context :

• (193) 502OND.mod\cp_tolas.dlg - 90293 & 90281 (R5 & E6) erased
    90293 & 90281 erased by "!"c_local_notset instead of c_local_notset
    It is true that these two sentences have nothing to do at R5 and E6. However, it is a shame to delete stuff in a restoration MOD. These two sentences will get their place at the very beginning of dialog, as first and second sentence and then as now.
    Status
    Pending
    In context :

• (194) Mandalore begins by turning his back to the Exile!
    Anda - Conversation with Mandalore at the end of the conversation with Anda.
    At every phrase of Mandalore, he begins by turning his back to the Exile! (Active Group with Mandalore and GoTo). May be dependent of the initial position of the characters.
    Status
    Pending
    In context :

• (195) Using security pass given by Anda
    Using security pass given by Anda
    There is no reason that we lose this pass. We should be able to keep it and reuse it to make use of the cameras.
    Status
    Pending
    In context :

• (196) 1B-8D : Multiply by 0.
    1B-8D : Multiply by 0.
    90489 : 1B-8D, request access market conditions. Change all, multiply by 0.
    Hum... Hum... All those who program understand what I mean...
    Would be "Multiply by 1" (implying in place of a coefficient of margin or of a coefficient of over-profit margin such as 1.3, 1.75 etc. ...)
    Status
    Pending
    In context :

• (197) Conversation with Xaart: what about Mical?
    Conversation with Xaart
    Brianna, who is the counterpart of Mical, intervenes at the end of the conversation (if we offer a visa to Xaart). Is there an unused sentence or two for Mical, which could allow him to act as well? Especially as Mical is a spy of the Republic, as Xaart.
    Status
    Pending
    In context :

• (198) Dhagon Alibi
    There was a lot of work (HH, I think) on the management of the progress of the investigation. But, for example:
    503OND.mod \ panar.dlg
    c_alibi_check does no longer allow have an alibi expressed by several witnesses.
    For example, if Kiph gave an alibi, Panar no longer gives his (E28). Too bad. If possible, leave all express their ideas. However, I can understand that this would require many variables to manage.
    Status
    Pending
    In context :

• (199) Sion : " Prepare my ship. I will travel to the smuggler's moon myself."
    907MAL\sioncut1.dlg
    112675 : Prepare my ship. I will travel to the smuggler's moon myself.
    What's that?
    Status
    Pending
    In context :

• (200) Iziz Cantina : "Patron"
    By all the devils, from where that word, "Patron", come from!? I have translated all occurrences of this word in French, in dialog.tlk, and it still appear! It is not in dialog.tlk. The word to use in French is "Client"!
    Status
    Pending
    In context :

• (201) Dhagon Gent or Dhagon Ghent?
    Dhagon Gent or Dhagon Ghent?
    Half is written Gent, half is written Ghent.
    Ghent is better for us (French) as Gent would be pronounced differently.
    Status
    Pending
    In context :

• (202) Dhagon Ghent remains motionless
    First conversation with Dhagon Ghent.
    Once we spoke to Dhagon Ghent for the first time, he remains motionless. It had better look after his piggery (his clinic) and move a bit.
    Status
    Pending
    In context :

• (203) Conversation with Riiken, West Square. He remains motionless.
    Conversation with Riiken, West Square.
    Once we spoke to Riiken, West Square, he remains motionless. It would be better he walk on the square.
    Status
    Pending
    In context :

• (204) HK-47 should not be there (Says Obsidian)
    003EBO.mod\bao_malv.dlg
    {Somewhat haunted, sleepless/restless}{Bao-Dur is in one of the rooms, staring at a panel, not doing repairs as usual, the Remote is missing, no one else is nearby, the ship is asleep}
    HK-47 is here.

Status
    Pending
    In context :

• (205) Mandalore vs Esok - Too easy. Esok is barehand.
    As said in the title : Too easy. Esok is barehand.

Status
    Pending
    In context :

• (206) Hum... Mandalore vs Esok - At the end of the fight, the Exile is naked !?
    This was with Exile - Visas - Mandalore
    Mandalore moves in order to attract Esok to an other place.
    "Handmaiden Style underwear for Female Exile by Shem" MOD is used but I do not see why it would interfere.

Status
    Pending
    In context :

• (207) Saedhe during the Battle of Khoonda
    What he still makes at the same place in the plain of Khoonda while the investigation is resolved long ago and the Battle of Khoonda is about to be triggered.
    He is even there after the battle!
    As he is part of the militia, would it be not too difficult to see him participate in the battle, in the corridors of Khoonda?

Status
    Pending
    In context :

• (208) Bugs in the saves (in quests)

bug_dans_les_sauvegardes.png

Status
    Pending
    In context :

• (209) Hologram of Mandalore taking orders from Revan.
    We, the players, do not see Revan, but, from what tells the Exile, Revan is in the hologram and the Exile see him. So, in the overall plan which shows T3, the Exile and Mandalore, Mandalore should not look toward T3 and the Exile but look to an other side, toward Revan, toward someone we do not see.
    In motion terms, the hologram is an objective camera operated by T3, recording two interlocutors face to face. Mandalore was not talking to T3.

Status
    Pending
    In context :

• (210) Battle of Khoonda with TSLRCM: what becomes the management of the mines on the deck?

• Unrestored version
      If you do not put mines on the deck (the most logical point to put mines) and if you put other mines, properly arranged in the front and rear of Khoonda, mines appear from themselves on the deck, in an animation (I've never understand that ! It looks like a bonus if you've properly arranged the other mines). If you put mines, they are useless !!!

• Restored version
      The mines do not appear automatically on the deck (the animation seems to be removed). If you put mines on the deck (this is the only real strategic point where to put mines, with the two passes toward the court of the Enclave) they are useless. It's not easy to explain that to those who ask me what are the exact places, why is it useless a.s.o... In fact, there is no explanation.

Do you have one ?

Status

Pending

In context :

[*](211) Joran, after the Battle of Khoonda

After the Battle of Khoonda, Joran has not a word for this battle in which he has just participated. There would not have a little phrase that drags unused?

Status

Pending

In context :

[*](212) Possible to ask Pato Ado to join the Khoonda militia after the Battle of Khoonda

It is still possible to ask Pato Ado to join the Khoonda militia after the Battle of Khoonda

Status

Pending

In context :

[*](213) Ahrnell after the Battle of Khoonda

Hey! The mercenary Ahrnell did not take part in the fighting at the Battle of Khoonda, and is still alive.

Is there some phrases not used which might concern him after the battle of Khoonda?

Status

Pending

In context :

[*](214) When the Exile make his/her ​​speech to the militia, we should see...

When the Exile make his/her ​​speech to the militia, we should see, among the militiamen, the Khoonda's residents who were recruited (they too need to have the morale high). We should also see all the other militias (the three groups in full). If it's not too much work...

Status

Pending

In context :

[*](215) Batle of Khoonda : Turrets and mines explosions animations

The turrets of Khoonda are not used (an animation exist in the unrestored version and could be reused, don't you think ?). The mines do not explode but they simply disappear (I can understand it's a hard job to do that in addition to all what has already been done and restored for this battle).

Status

Pending

In context :

[*](216) Vogga - Long after the destruction of the GoTo's yacht

Conversations with Vogga about GoTo outdated, long after the destruction of the GoTo's yacht and long after the eliminating of the presence of the Exchange on Nar Shaddaa. The rotations of Vogga's ships has resumed long before and the contract to supply fuel to Citadel was négotiated with Grenn long ago.

Status

Pending

In context :

[*](217) 003EBO.mod\000disci.dlg E0 and 003EBO.mod\t3disc.dlg

What dit happen to

003EBO.mod\000disci.dlg E0

003EBO.mod\t3disc.dlg

They seem to have disappeared or no longer be used

Status

Pending

In context :

[*](218) 403DXN.mod\kelborn.dlg c_repairs_done (at E59)

403DXN.mod\kelborn.dlg

c_repairs_done (E59) always seems to answer 'false'. No way to go through branch StrRef 88281.

Status

Pending

In context :

[*](219) 403DXN.mod\kelborn.dlg - E50 and E51

403DXN.mod \ kelborn.dlg - E50 and E51.

This offer from Kelborn is useless if there is no alternative to R54, which is sorely lacking. In addition, by order from Kelborn, Kex is supposed to offer a survival kit to the Exile before his/her departure for Iziz.

This is probably a lot of work but Kex should run after the Exile to offer this survival kit before departure instead of giving it to him/her after his/her return.

I think the Mandalorians obey orders, whatever they are, even if Kex hates the Exile.

Status

Pending

In context :

[*](220)

Status

Pending

In context :

[*](221)

Status

Pending

In context :

A list, in several parts.