Sith Holocron

Differences between Reviews and Comments?

I was wondering if anyone might be able to explain the difference between "reviews" left for uploads and "comments."  As they can both have text attached to them, I was trying to figure out why they are in two separate categories.

Personally I think both should be disabled if you are going to have the support thread also with comments. Reviews should strictly be an actual review, but half the time people don't do that. I just want a single set of comments. Would make things much more straightforward.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

I just want a single set of comments. Would make things much more straightforward.

Exactly!

It might deter people from reviewing a mod they like if they have to make a comment every time (especially if English isn't their first language). Although this is a minor percentage. 

You can't review a mod unless you've downloaded it. The mod author has the option to respond to reviews but as far as I know can't review their own mod. On the other hand, anybody can post comments on it, including the author. I think that distinction makes sense, but I agree it makes the support topic redundant.

I don't really check who has or hasn't downloaded it. I think I could, but don't. I don't mind either way, though. It's reasonable to have an option to comment regardless of who's downloaded it because peopl sometimes have reasonable questions about the mod. Though again that makes the support topic redundant.

• Like 1