DarthVarkor

Request: Re-skinning the Swoop Rider model for K1&2

Hey everyone, as it exists outside the realms of my knowledge, would anyone be able to reskin the swoop rider model visible during the swoop races in both K1&2? The skin I'd like it to be changed to is this one. If anyone's unsure what I mean, see the image attached.

For any help it's worth, @Sith Holocron has kindly given me the names of these models in both games, they are:

K1 -  V_Suprbike01.tga

K2 - v_rider01.tga

Thanks in advance! 

Swoop 3.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DarthVarkor said:

....would anyone be able to reskin the swoop rider model visible during the swoop races in both K1&2? The skin I'd like it to be changed to is this one. If anyone's unsure what I mean, see the image attached.

For any help it's worth, Sith Holocron has kindly given me the names of these models in both games, they are:

K1 -  V_Suprbike01.tga

Spoiler

Swoop 3.jpg

I'll take a chance with the K1 version. Be right back! :cheers:

Update: Dang, it seems the rider is sharing both the texture and model with the swoops, if I recall correctly. Like, really- BW? 😅

Update2: This is the very best result I can come up with. I don't have the required skill to properly map the Spaceman suit texture as it has to, so as seen in the screenshot the rider loses its mouth part, I think:

Spoiler

DV_SwoopRider.thumb.PNG.46f8c618c499d974cc878b098facc3aa.PNG

Update3: If you like to try the model on your end, drop these files to the 'Override' folder. It will automatically applied the Spaceman suit [N_Spaceman_Low] texture installed on your end to the rider texture:

Spoiler

Edited by ebmar
  • Like 1
  • Light Side Points 1

3 hours ago, ebmar said:

I'll take a chance with the K1 version. Be right back! :cheers:

Update: Dang, it seems the rider is sharing both the texture and model with the swoops, if I recall correctly. Like, really- BW? 😅

Update2: This is the very best result I can come up with. I don't have the required skill to properly map the Spaceman suit texture as it has to, so as seen in the screenshot the rider loses its mouth part, I think:

Hide contents

DV_SwoopRider.thumb.PNG.46f8c618c499d974cc878b098facc3aa.PNG

Update3: If you like to try the model on your end, drop these files to the 'Override' folder. It will automatically applied the Spaceman suit [N_Spaceman_Low] texture installed on your end to the rider texture:

Hide contents

DUDE, thank you so much. That looks great!

EDIT: @ebmar, are you able to do the same for K2? Not a problem at all if not, I appreciate you doing this for K1 :) 

swkotor 2018-10-07 21-36-30-47.jpg

swkotor 2018-10-07 21-36-41-57.jpg

swkotor 2018-10-07 21-36-59-66.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DarthVarkor said:

DUDE, thank you so much. That looks great!

Spoiler

swkotor 2018-10-07 21-36-30-47.jpg

swkotor 2018-10-07 21-36-41-57.jpg

swkotor 2018-10-07 21-36-59-66.jpg

Cool! Glad to hear that it looks great on your end. :cheers:

....are you able to do the same for K2? Not a problem at all if not, I appreciate you doing this for K1

I can't promise you but I will give it a try; as I have never touch any K2/TSL files and/or models before. It seems about time I will have TSL installed now. 😁

Edited by ebmar
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ebmar said:

Cool! Glad to hear that it looks great on your end. :cheers:

I can't promise you but I will give it a try; as I have never touch any K2/TSL files and/or models before. It seems about time I will have TSL installed now. 😁

No problem if not, thanks for looking into this!

2 hours ago, DarthVarkor said:

....thanks for looking into this!

You're welcome! Anyway, bit of a heads-up; if you happen to use a new skin of the Spaceman suit, make sure its texture labelled as N_Spaceman_Low, the attached model will corresponds to it then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ebmar said:

... the attached model will corresponds to it then.

Are you referring to the K1 version or did you forget to attach one to your post for the K2 one?

On 10/8/2018 at 8:54 PM, DarthVarkor said:

Are you referring to the K1 version or did you forget to attach one to your post for the K2 one?

I was referring to the K1 version. 😁

I'll let you know when it's ready; it could be later this night though.

Update: @DarthVarkor, I found myself editing two models here, in case you'll need both of them ['cause I'm not really sure which one you actually needed]. Both of the rider's texture are assigned to N_Spaceman_Low header, so if you happen to use a new skin make sure that the texture uses N_Spaceman_Low as its header.

Preview:

Spoiler

DVTSL_Sprbk_SwpRdr.PNG.b40a922f8e2bca21e9ee756c5b8e7208.PNG

Update2: Bit of information; particularly with TSL version, none of the models are using v_rider01 as the default texture for the rider. The v_superbike model uses V_Suprbike01 and the v_swoop1 model uses v_swoop01 as its rider's texture.

Edited by ebmar
Attached files for the test
  • Thanks 1