ebmar

[Finished] [K1] Selven "Legends"

24 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

Yes, DXT1/5 is DDS compression and will result in artefacts.  I would not convert the diffuse to TPC - leave it as a TGA. The normal map must be converted to TPC or the game will freeze/crash when loading.

So, that means there would be a .tga file which is the color texture and a .tpc which is the normal map; both with the same name [pfbselven01.tga and pfbselven01.tpc] to the 'Override" folder?

Edit: This what I'm having from converting the normal map to .tpc, and then putting the diffuse and the normal map to 'Override' folder- it is so obvious I did everything wrong here 🤣

748686570_Normalmap.png.10c7843a9a61534e6cf3276c45a5c449.png

Edited by ebmar
An Image has been attached.

No, they must be different names. The diffuse will be pfbselven01.tga and also have a TXI file named pfbselven01.txi. That will contain something like:

bumpmaptexture pfbselvenb

Then the normal map will be named pfbselvenb.tpc (or whatever else you decide to call it - just make sure it matches what is in the diffuse's TXI). It will not have a loose TXI, but it will contain the TXI data that you specified during conversion. This will be something like:

isbumpmap 1
isdiffusebumpmap 1
bumpmapscaling 3

You can change the bumpmapscaling parameter to 1, 2, or 3 depending on how you find the look of the intensity. Typically the engine is pretty piss-weak with normal maps, so they need an intensity boost to see any significant effect.

• Thanks 1

@DarthParametric,

783242111_TheRealMVP.gif.35c608fb9e301849d804740b7617058a.gif

I have tested it and it works!

And it seems I'm going to have to re-edit both to the texture [head and body] and the normals now that I finally know how to do it legitimately; and to optimized the usefulness of the bump-map feature.

You're a saint DP- Thanks! :cheers:

One thing I should also mention is that your normal map needs to be in OpenGL or +Y format (also known as "right handed"). Most apps will typically export normal maps in DirectX format (-Y, left handed). It is easy to switch between the two simply by inverting the G channel of your normal map. You can tell which one you have by looking for raised details. In an OpenGL normal map, these will appear to rise out of the image. In a DirectX normal map, these will appear to sink into the image. Like so:

NormalCheck_OpenGL.jpgSpacer_50.pngNormalCheck_DirectX.jpg

Images taken from - https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-modeling/stemcell/materials-texturing-stemcell/stemcell-texturing-guide/

• Thanks 1

[Updated: June 19, 2018] The head and body tex's has been finalized; using [as far as I'm concerned is] the legit way of normal mapping. The objective has been accomplished, and personally happy with result.

Hats-off to @DarthParametric, again-and-again for the ultimate-guidance :cheers:

1870714750_Selven2.0-NormalmappedFinal.thumb.png.26702d758900dd9ab646f94b6743fb59.png

Any updates of current development will also be posted in thread's introduction post.

[Updated: June 20, 2018]

This update focused solely on Selven's "Unique Blaster pistol".

Ultimately, the final puzzle of this 1.0 saga has been resolved. Permission has been granted from Sithspecter [detailed matter in the opening post of this thread] to use the assets from High Quality Blasters! And it seems SS even have the original files uploaded as a resource so, we'll absolutely go with that! Much thanks, SS! :respect:

So, more nor less- this how Selven would be with Sithspecter's "SL7 Blaster pistol".

144979721_SSsHQB-Selven2.0Preview-Resized.png.e6550bbdce8cf3a03e2d21d5c00950f9.png

Any updates of current development will also be posted in thread's introduction post.

[Updated: June 23, 2018]

Another update which again, focused solely on Selven's "Unique Blaster pistol" or actually, we could name the blaster now; SS-SL7 Rapid Blaster.

The blaster had some details engraved now, referring to the designer and craftsman of the blaster- Sithspecter.

2064491859_SS-SL7BlasterPreview.png.afe4f8f3425f140377dc4010b11f3693.png

[Updated: June 26, 2018]

A quick update to Selven's "Unique Vibrosword"- which now officially known as; DM-SL7 Vibrosword, and other things in particular.

• The sword had some details engraved referring to the designer and the craftsman of the sword- DeadMan.1719778445_DM-SL7VBladePreview.png.65b06b595871ffbd9d0a226f1537ddf7.png
  • The Stealth field generator now in the inventory also- along with some other upgrade-downgrade tweaks to keep her "balanced" which is now accomplished.

So, most [if not all] of the essential part in this overhaul is already being done, and personally- I can't see anything to be hauled again, least for now; in 1.0 version of the mod.

The next step surely would be compiling all the files, and make sure the patcher work as it intended, with zero-to-none failure 🤞

May the Force be with me 🤣

• Like 1

Nice mod! Looks like this is almost completely finished! One issue though, I noticed that her voice seems to echo. I'd prefer it if she had her original voice instead, can you make this an option? Again, great work! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JasonRyder said:

Nice mod! Looks like this is almost completely finished!

Thanks! Yes, it is- it is almost finished. Just have to re-check the file properties and then compile them all to sync them with the patcher. Hope all goin' well 🤞

One issue though, I noticed that her voice seems to echo. I'd prefer it if she had her original voice instead, can you make this an option?

Yes, the echo is the result of me adding a room reverb to the voice, I can remove that effect- and I will. But as for the tone of her voice, I think I can't compromise that- I'd still go with the new tone. It seems I'm going with your suggestion to make that an option; as I'm considering about that too recently. Thank you for making it clear!

Again, great work!

Again, thank you! Appreciate it :cheers:

Thank you for the reply! Oh and I have another project to suggest for you. Xor, the blatant speciesist who wants to buy Juhani from you, does not have a unique appearance when he is human(He's human on the Xbox version and a Twi'lek on the PC version). As a Twi'lek, he has a unique appearance. Think you could make one for him? 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JasonRyder said:

Thank you for the reply!

Very welcome! :cheers:

Oh and I have another project to suggest for you. Xor, the blatant speciesist who wants to buy Juhani from you, does not have a unique appearance when he is human(He's human on the Xbox version and a Twi'lek on the PC version). As a Twi'lek, he has a unique appearance. Think you could make one for him?

Wow, that's a one-nice idea! Dang, wish I could- but I'm not sure, some projects already waiting to be finished 😂

Hope others are reading the conversation and triggered to make one, as that was an awesome idea. Thank you for suggesting me with that! :cheers:

19 minutes ago, JCarter426 said:

SpaceAlex included a Xor in the NPC Enhancement Pack:

The mod was never completed but it was released as a resource. I'm not sure where it's hosted now, though.

Yes! I've googled it with zero result. I'm curious about it has some high-res textures from information going around to tell the truth.

7 hours ago, DarthParametric said:

Looks like Brejik with a beard and a tattoo (and some weird shading over the nose/brows). And maybe with Gadon's eye texture?

Spot on!

Nice, get it noted for further check. Thank you for the link! And @JasonRyder, maybe the mod with the link above is what you were looking for :cheers:

Thanks for posting this! This is a GREAT-looking mod. And I'm glad it's in sections so I can install what I want and none of what I don't want! 

18 hours ago, JasonRyder said:

Thanks for posting this! This is a GREAT-looking mod. And I'm glad it's in sections so I can install what I want and none of what I don't want! 

By the way, I just posted SpaceAlex's unfinished K1 Enhancement Pack on this site for whomever wants to see it or use it in their own mods. 

• Thanks 1

[Updated: July 02, 2018]

All files have been compiled and synced with the patcher, but as the plan goes- I decided to ask Sithspecter and DeadMan to be involved with the attribution of both the blaster and the sword. It'd be nice to have their advice nor input to the properties of the blaster and the sword, as they are the designer to their respective creation; Sithspecter with the SS-SL7 Rapid Blaster, and DeadMan with the DM-SL7 Vibrosword.

2050460856_SS-SL7RapidBlaster.png.64ff8364f4800235bad7f3a68b5cfb41.png

Would be nice to have Sithspecter and DeadMan's advice nor input; either for the backstory or an attribution to their respective creation.

818694591_DM-SL7Vibrosword.png.91cf075c5ee7e853d0db6786843aab54.png

4 minutes ago, Sith Holocron said:

Why is the muzzle flash behind the muzzle?

I don't know- that is way beyond my knowledge! 😅

Did you happen to know the reason? I thought that was normal 🤣

28 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

The bullethook and muzzlehook probably didn't have their positions altered to match the new model geometry. What's the original model name?

It was "w_hvyblstr_003", it belongs to Zabrak Tystel Mark III in game.

Yeah it's a legacy of the vanilla models. SS left the bullethook in the same position:

K1_SS_High_Quality_Blasters_Bullet_Hook_

To be honest probably the only time anyone would notice is in a screenshot like that. If you wanted to adjust it, decompile the model and open the ASCII in a text editor. Look for the bullethook. It should be something like this:

node dummy bullethook
  parent w_hvyblstr_003
  position 0.0001741 0.354063 0.108606
  orientation 1.0 0.0 0.0 0.0
endnode

Change it to:

node dummy bullethook
  parent w_hvyblstr_003
  position 0.0 0.375 0.108606
  orientation 1.0 0.0 0.0 0.0
endnode

And recompile. See if that makes a difference. If it still looks off, you could bump the Y position to 0.395 and see how that looks.

N.B. if you have made your own custom model then your parent name will be different. You don't need to touch that, just the position values.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1