Kainzorus Prime

[TSL] NPC Overhaul Mod 1.22

I was using your mod pack yesterday, and I found that the Gamorreans in the Telos cantina to have parts invisible.

Really? 

I've had no such problem. 

Did you install "Part 2" after Part 1 and let it overwrite- I don't have many things that change the skins of the Gamorreans.

BTW, redownload the whole HD Environments thing and remove the old version- I've made a lot of improvements, especially to Telos. 

I've got a bug with this where the Reload Bounty Hunter Rodians eyes are translucent, I believe it uses the Tyvark model (character on Yavin) does anyone know what texture governs Rodian eyes?

For future reference for anyone reading it's the rodian files from "Aliens Redetailed" beware.

The base Rodian texture also governs the eyes. To fix the invisibility, you have to ensure your Appearance.2da has each rodian EnvMap set to CM_Baremetal. Aliens Redetailed is supposed to do this, already, but you can also manually edit the Appearance.2da with Kotortool.

Sorry, but I just had to make an account for this.
I was going to install and enjoy this but the installer is absolutely ridiculous. The errors for a seperate mod that isn't listed as required is also sloppy.

Run the patcher for each listed location and let it do its magic. I apologize for the need to run it several times, but it’s the only viable way.

I hardly call it several times, more like dozens. Also, no, it isn't the only viable way. Far from it, It's silly and a mess. Especially since you have to manually navigate to the KOTOR directory for every single of the countless installs.
Next time, ask for help from someone that actually knows what they're doing with an installer. I'm sure this mod is awesome, but I'm not going to spent an hour of my time installing a mod just to mix up the npcs.

• Like 1

I was going to install and enjoy this but the installer is absolutely ridiculous. The errors for a seperate mod that isn't listed as required is also sloppy.

I hardly call it several times, more like dozens. Also, no, it isn't the only viable way. Far from it, It's silly and a mess. Especially since you have to manually navigate to the KOTOR directory for every single of the countless installs.

Next time, ask for help from someone that actually knows what they're doing with an installer. I'm sure this mod is awesome, but I'm not going to spent an hour of my time installing a mod just to mix up the npcs.

Do what I do, install it planet by planet. For example, install Peragus NPC's then play through Peragus which may take two or three days. Before Telos install the Telos NPC's and keep doing it like that until you complete the game and when you go for your second playthrough the mod will already be installed.

It's not even that bad. Not wanting to get into an argument here, but I can hardly think of a reason why someone can't take 30 minutes out of their day after work just ONCE to install the mod.

• Like 2

No, it's pretty damn horrendous, what's worse is the incompatibility with many, many mods such that I've had to essentially create my own version.

You would essentially need to have one screen with a bunch of radio buttons for the modules before each install which I think TSLPatcher doesn't functionally support.

I'm sorry to ask this, but which of these modules have the high level item drops that one would consider imbalanced?  I want to play without getting such items too early.

12 hours ago, Tachi20 said:

I'm sorry to ask this, but which of these modules have the high level item drops that one would consider imbalanced?  I want to play without getting such items too early.

A lot of them do, you'll get them from loot drops on the first visit on the Citadel.

Damn, I suppose I'll have to try and only pick the NPC's that I can't fight, the rare ones in this pack lol.  It's a shame, because I rather like the idea of fighting or simply interacting with more unique NPC's.  Almost wish there was no modified item drops at all lol.  Thanks for the heads up, it's nice to get an idea of what I'm doing.