AussieDM

KSE Numeric Integer Values?

I can't find here or anywhere else a list of maximums for the values one can assign to various numerics in globals or what those values represent. Does a Bastila romance top out at 5 or 500? What difference in romantic outcome is there between a value of 1 and 10?

A for instance is Carth's son, Dustil, on Korriban. What numeric do I need to change in order to have him along and recognise Dustil to finish his personal quest?

The highest value a numeric can be and still be accepted by the game is 128. And the lowest value is -127.

However, the only importance a specific number for that numeric has is what the game's scripts give it. So you could easily set it to a number that the quest or gameplay doesn't care about a bit...

Oh. Bugger.

So is there no way to jump Carth's story line forward? So tedious talking to them all the damn time about their whiny-ass problems (playing dark side :D).

Isn't there a bit within spacealexs enhancement mod that takes away the need to keep talking to your party in various parts of the game in order to complete their quests? I believe the folder is called no banter limit?

I've been working on the Bastila romance recently, so I've been looking up how this stuff works. Each romance depends on three different variables.

For Bastila, these variables are K_SWG_BASTILA, K_SWG_BASTILA_LEVEL, and K_STAR_MAP. The first variable is what tracks the romance progression. The second is what determines if you've leveled up since the last time you spoke to Bastila; the game checks if your current character level is greater than this variable. The third is what checks your progress through the game's plot, how many Star Maps you've found, etc. I wouldn't recommend editing that one.

For Carth, these variables are K_SWG_CARTH, K_SWG_CARTH_LEVEL, and K_STAR_MAP. Same format.

Of course, the messenger quests complicate matters, as Bastila and Carth won't talk to you about anything else if you're on their quests. Since I chose Korriban as my final Star Map world the last time I played, I could never proceed with Carth's romance - quite frustrating.

For Bastila, these variables are K_SWG_HELENA and K_SWG_HELENA_TALK. The first one tracks the progress of the holocron quest. The second checks whether you've talked to Bastila about her mother after you've done the quest.

For Carth, these variables are KOR_DANEL and K_SWG_DUSTIL1. Again, the first tracks the quest progress and the second whether you've talked about it.

This is what I would recommend for Bastila:

1. Load a save from when you've found 3/5 Star Maps.
  2. Set K_SWG_BASTILA to 10.
  3. Make sure K_SWG_BASTILA_LEVEL is lower than your current character level.
  4. Set K_SWG_HELENA to 4.
  5. Either talk to Bastila about her mother or set K_SWG_HELENA_TALK to TRUE.
  6. Talk to Bastila to trigger the final romance conversation.

This is what I would recommend for Carth:

1. Load a save from when you've found 3/5 Star Maps.
  2. Set K_SWG_CARTH to 12.
  3. Make sure K_SWG_CARTH_LEVEL is lower than your current character level.
  4. Set KOR_DANEL to 4.
  5. Either talk to Carth about Dustil or set K_SWG_DUSTIL1 to TRUE
  6. Talk to Carth to trigger the final romance conversation.

I haven't tested these, so I'd be interested to hear how it turns out.

• Like 1

Hi @JCarter426 I'm sorry for reviving a 2 year old thread. I'm currently on my 1st play-through of the game and it looks like I missed triggering the final romance conversation for bastila. I'm currently on the temple of the Rakata right before talking to Bastila for the first time (after her abduction by Malak). I've checked the global numeric and boolean values you provided on my save file and they're all correct, I was wondering if you know of another variable that could make the game think we did had the final conversation allowing me to keep pursuing the romance in the story?

Thanks in advance!

The numbers I mentioned before are for before the final romance conversation. So if they're set to that in your save, they're wrong.

I don't have any recent Bastila romance saves to check, but I believe K_SWG_BASTILA should be at 12 at that point in the romance.

• Like 1