Sign in to follow this  
Doctor Evil

Star Wars Rebels mid-season trailer

So I just noticed that the last two episodes of this season are titled "Twilight of the Apprentice"

Now, naturally we'd assume that Ahsoka gets offed right there in those episodes, but I think that's too obvious.

What's probably going to happen is KANAN dies and Ezra begins to embrace the dark side, thus turning to Maul for guidance without the knowledge of Ahsoka. I think that would be brilliant

I don't trust the titles since 'Rise Of The Old Masters' only had one person who qualifies as an Old Master in it and that person didn't do a great deal of rising - what with the jailbreak scenario and the spoiler...

I don't trust the titles since 'Rise Of The Old Masters' only had one person who qualifies as an Old Master in it and that person didn't do a great deal of rising - what with the jailbreak scenario and the spoiler...

Well, technically, they "arose"

considering they were dead the whole time.. :/ Though I think it was more a metaphor

Having watched the latest episode of rebels, I gotta say last wednesday's is one of my favorite ones so far, I really hope more episodes continue to take that tone further.

Spoilers for newest episode:

We're going to Malachor, as directed by master Yoda!

• Like 1

Spoilers for newest episode:

We're going to Malachor, as directed by master Yoda!

Saw it too, couldn't hold over myself. Overall a fantastic episode again

• Like 1

Well I was wrong, but it is a good thing...

Rebels is getting better with every show, another good episode

EDIT: This could be specified as a spoiler so 

one thing I found interesting is that Ashoka was apparently with Anakin mere hours before the death of Mace windu and his fall to the dark side... Makes me wonder if she always had a suspicion that he was Vader but it wasnt until she came face to face with him that she finally knew... This also makes me wonder why he would say that she lives so surprisingly if he already knew that chances are she survived if they had meet mere hours before order 66 (In secret Id say), I wonder how much more she actually knows about the situation (We know she was surprised to discover Yoda was still alive), surely she would have been at Padmes funeral and must have known something of his children

ONGjvba.pngI know it's not, but doesn't the room they're in look awfully like the one Visas was introduced in on The Ravager?

ONGjvba.pngI know it's not, but doesn't the room they're in look awfully like the one Visas was introduced in on The Ravager?

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMM, you are right.

Just throwing around ideas here, but what if they also bring some connection to Darth Nihilus?

Edit: This is something I found that I thought would make this slightly more plausible; "The trio confronted and slew Nihilus in the ensuing duel while the Mandalorians rigged explosives that destroyed the ship. The Sith Lord's armor maintained his spirit and was collected for burial on the Sith homeworld of Korriban, where his soul could be contacted with a holocron of his own creation."

Thanks wookiepedia. :yes

Yep. I'm officially angry again. They went and did what I was praying they wouldn't do. Who was the idiot that had the bright idea to change Malachor? They need an angry letter!-let me tell you. So they swap out Malachor V for this? There really going to change what might have been the most philosophical and thought provoking era that was in Star Wars? Was this really necessary? Why couldn't they just implement what was already there and just work around it? Malachor just got turned into another dumb Disney Sith super weapon planet? (The Revanist's struggle to fight the Mandalorian's wars was kicked to the curb for this? Kreia's teaching about the force? Was all that for not? Was it all just changed to be in some PG TV show? This cannot be happening. What else are they going to steal form the EU? All that sh!t about "creative freedom”. All there doing is rehashing everything and making it worse in the process. True I do not know anything about this new Malachor .Or what event took place there. (It looks like Malachor meet's Valley of the Jedi if you ask me). Perhaps I’m jumping the gun here. However it just irks me to see an already underrepresented game and story. Get changed into something else, losing all meaning behind it that the original creators had in mind. I wonder how Obsidian fells about this if they even are paying attention at this point. Am I over reacting here? Or am I justified in saying this? Is my Love for Knights of the old republic 2 getting in the way of seeing the big picture like so many say in these situations? Don't get me wrong Rebels isn't bad I just don't think something as dark and as serious should be watered down and re-written just because some new group of people for whatever reason want to. (There are multiple Malachor's the one we are most familiar with was the fifth one given its name. I other if this was one of the other one's)

Hate to say I told you so, filoni is great at dumbing down the eu

Small spoiler

I for one was hoping for something a little more Malachor like, instead we get an op maul who should have died twice now do what ashoka couldn't and Vader looked like a joke, not one main character is bloody dead

How exactly are they ruining Malachor?

If this is in fact Malachor V and not one of the other Malachor's then this is the re-writing of a story that doesn't need re-writing. You don't fix what’s not broken. Disney claims to have wiped the EU out of existence for creative freedom when all they've done is re-use old concepts but put there spin on other author’s works. Obsidian did a fantastic job on the Dark wars and its getting replaced with this PG restricted “Great Scourge of Malachor" stuff. I’ll be honest we don't have all the facts on this new Malachor but if it’s how there presenting it then, they changed a crucial part of a story arc for the worse. I'll say no more until we have a clearer picture.

• Like 1

I am so behind on this show...

Like, seriously, I need to catch up, but, idk how since we don't have cable.

And I accidentally read a spoiler... Great... Lol

(Edit): Three spoilers, crappity crap crap crap.

Yep. I'm officially angry again. They went and did what I was praying they wouldn't do. Who was the idiot that had the bright idea to change Malachor? They need an angry letter!-let me tell you. So they swap out Malachor V for this? There really going to change what might have been the most philosophical and thought provoking era that was in Star Wars? Was this really necessary? Why couldn't they just implement what was already there and just work around it? Malachor just got turned into another dumb Disney Sith super weapon planet? (The Revanist's struggle to fight the Mandalorian's wars was kicked to the curb for this? Kreia's teaching about the force? Was all that for naught? Was it all just changed to be in some PG TV show? This cannot be happening. What else are they going to steal form the EU? All that crap about "creative freedom”. All there doing is rehashing everything and making it worse in the process. True I do not know anything about this new Malachor .Or what event took place there. (It looks like Malachor meet's Valley of the Jedi if you ask me). Perhaps I’m jumping the gun here. However it just irks me to see an already underrepresented game and story. Get changed into something else, losing all meaning behind it that the original creators had in mind. I wonder how Obsidian fells about this if they even are paying attention at this point. Am I over reacting here? Or am I justified in saying this? Is my Love for Knights of the old republic 2 getting in the way of seeing the big picture like so many say in these situations? Don't get me wrong Rebels isn't bad I just don't think something as dark and as serious should be watered down and re-written just because some new group of people for whatever reason want to. (There are multiple Malachor's the one we are most familiar with was the fifth one given its name. I other if this was one of the other one's)

Whine, whine, whine. You realize what Ahsoka said was an interpretation right? KOTOR wasn't even canon anymore, but let's assume it is.

Second of all it's not "stealing" rather re-using when the material is still theirs to use, and EU was 75% crap anyway. Take the salt out of your mouth and look.

Remember, the events of KOTOR were THOUSANDS OF YEARS AGO. Doubt they'd have all the details, hell, only those that were there in LOTR knew well about what happened when they first took down Sauron. It's perfectly reasonable that there was more to Malachor than just Trayus Academy

Instead of jumping to conclusions how about take a breath, watch it again, and then take a look.

I'll put a full in-depth post on this episode later.

Hate to say I told you so, filoni is great at dumbing down the eu

Yet he managed to fix the Clone Wars which was left to crap thanks to the prequels

I for one was hoping for something a little more Malachor like, instead we get an op maul who should have died twice now do what ashoka couldn't and Vader looked like a joke, not one main character is bloody dead

Because someone absolutely needs to die in order to satisfy your definition of a good season finale.

Update Posted Yesterday, 12:49 PM [EST]

Oh my god, that episode was an absolute masterpiece, if I wasn't sold before the ending, I am now.

That ending track has to be one of the most powerful tunes I've ever heard, and boy does it fit the scene. I am slightly bummed that Kanan didn't die, but I think I know why they didn't kill him yet... So that they play the tug of war between him and Maul further.

The fight between Ahsoka and Anakin was also quite awesome, and him almost coming back to the light was also great. (AAAAND SHE'S NOT DEAD). I wonder what Ahsoka will find left in that temple.

Finally... Darth Maul never changes and thank god that's great. IMO him mentoring Ezra was some of the best Star Wars moments I've seen, true Dark Side Corruption coming up.

As for Malachor, I'm OK with it being this way. It's ambiguous, it's not saying what really happened there, and it's perfectly understandable that the Sith had more hidden on that damn abomination than just Trayus Academy.

• Like 1

It was a really great episode. Maul especially stood out, his corruption of Ezra was much better than most depictions of similar scenarios in the Star Wars universe.

also who freaking cares about Malachor's depiction. Look at it this way, if the dark side ending to kotor 2 is canon in the new universe then the temple seen in Rebels could have been built by the Exile, and that's Kreia's holocron. There, now toughen up and get over "muh EU". Like Doctor Evil said 75% of it was complete crap.

• Like 2

I hate what they did with Vader, letting Ashoka live, good way to ruin someone by making them do something that goes against there established character (It would be cool if he did manage to turn her though, have her working secretly for the empire), but I'm not surprised, you just have to look at Filonis portrayal of Quinlan Vos to see how easy it is for him to wreck a character. I did like Mauls appearance though, I didn't like how OP he was but his mentoring of Ezra was great, and I was glad Kanan survived, he is my favorite character on rebels so :/ and feels a little bit like the General Kota of this rebellion (just not as wise)

Yes that was what i got when i saw him
Update Posted Today, 12:18 AM [EST]

Whine, whine, whine. You realize what Ahsoka said was an interpretation right? KOTOR wasn't even canon anymore, but let's assume it is.

Second of all it's not "stealing" rather re-using when the material is still theirs to use, and EU was 75% crap anyway. Take the salt out of your mouth and look.

Remember, the events of KOTOR were THOUSANDS OF YEARS AGO. Doubt they'd have all the details, hell, only those that were there in LOTR knew well about what happened when they first took down Sauron. It's perfectly reasonable that there was more to Malachor than just Trayus Academy

Instead of jumping to conclusions how about take a breath, watch it again, and then take a look.

I'll put a full in-depth post on this episode later.

Yet he managed to fix the Clone Wars which was left to crap thanks to the prequels

Because someone absolutely needs to die in order to satisfy your definition of a good season finale.

Um. First of all, am I not allowed to voice my opinion? Second, I did say that I was going to wait and see - did you even read everything I said? I don't have problem with them not knowing anything but a rumor or two. That’s fine. It’s just a problem with how Disney is handling the integration of the EU. Is there something wrong with that? For me, this is a very important part of the Star Wars universe. Also the EU being "crap" is subjective, take that "crap" elsewhere sir. Why don't you "look"?

Yeah, the Dark Wars are not canon. What's stopping them from just adding it the way it was? That is my argument, Sir.

I never said that the Trayus Academy was all there was to Malachor. Kreia herself said much can be buried on a graveyard world. Malachor is an example of this.

It's like the point of view that I was trying to get across was invisible to you. I have a problem with how they feel the need to change stories that do not need changing. If anything you should re-read what I said. I even acknowledge myself that I should wait and see. For I do not have a clear picture of this new Malachor, and the history surrounding it. I have an Issue with Filoni trying to give KOTOR references thinking that it's some cool nod to KOTOR. It’s not. Like what he did to Quinlan Vos' story line (although I like the closure that was brought to Ventress' story she needed it, it made me like her more as a character) and unlike you I do not have the need to taunt you for expressing your opinion that I disagree with. Good day.

Posted Today, 12:55 AM [EST]

It was a really great episode. Maul especially stood out, his corruption of Ezra was much better than most depictions of similar scenarios in the Star Wars universe.

also who freaking cares about Malachor's depiction. Look at it this way, if the dark side ending to kotor 2 is canon in the new universe then the temple seen in Rebels could have been built by the Exile, and that's Kreia's holocron. There, now toughen up and get over "muh EU". Like Doctor Evil said 75% of it was complete crap.

What is your problem? both of you cant respect my opinion.I do not understand Filoni's need to alter stuff that's fine as it is.I'd also like to add that i wasn't talking about the entire expanded universe Please read what was said carefully. While i'd be sad that if the Dark side ending became cannon (kreia's teaching's would have all been for naught) id be more okay with that then what has been done now. why do you two have to mock/insult my point of view its childish...

This thread is getting cranky.  That will not do.  So, some new rules for this thread.

1) No more caps sentences all in caps.  That's shouting and very annoying.

2) The next bit of profanity earns the offender a 7 days suspension.

3) Don't make me merge any more posts. Really. Wait for someone to have a chance to respond before jumping back in again or edit your last post to include your new thought.

4) As long as I'm pointing things out, periods come at the the end of sentences. A space follows them.  I'm not mentioning names here as I've corrected the most egregious examples.  Just be mindful in the future.

Play nicely.

That is all.

Aren't Malachor and Malachor V two different planets (or systems)?

Anyway, the KoTOR and TOR games are NOT canon.

EDIT: and Maul is great, hope he makes more of an appearance come next season.

Aren't Malachor and Malachor V two different planets (or systems)?

That's also a plausible theory, considering that systems generally have more than one planet. I'm sure that Malachor V, given that it was the fifth planet, could have had sister planets that would have been occupied by the sith.

So, as for that owl we saw at the end again, Filoni keeps saying it means something and it is a big thing.... methinks it could be more than a symbol :V

So, as for that owl we saw at the end again, Filoni keeps saying it means something and it is a big thing.... methinks it could be more than a symbol :V

Depends upon the source, in general they are seen to be a symbol of wisdom, as well as death (transition/change) -- or just knowledge from a forbidden source. However, they also have "evil" interpretations.

The most interesting one I know of, is that it is one of the representations of the Canaanite god Moloch -- thought I can't recollect the direct source for this. 

I really enjoyed the episode. I think Ashoka's dead, and the ending with her was metaphorical what with her going in to the darkness. Or maybe if she is still on Malachor, she'll run in to Maul? I wonder what would happen there...

As a side note, what did everyone thing of the whole lightsaber-copter the Inquisitors had going on? For me it just made me laugh (especially when it lead to the demise of the last Inquisitor), but seemed too silly for that kind of episode.