vurt

K2 Exterior Textures (update)

I'm working on a update to the Exterior textures for my K2 mod that i created a few years back. Here's a first screen from Telos (which i believe was untouched by my mod, for the most part)

2Q2fvk8.jpg

I will probably update some of the existing textures in the mod too. Let me know if you know a certain texture that you want to get updated in TSL, preferably upload a save game next to this object.

Here's the old version of the mod:

http://deadlystream.com/forum/topic/1404-downloadk2-exterior-textures-part-1/

http://deadlystream.com/forum/topic/1405-downloadk2-exterior-textures-part-2/

Noish! :) You've done great on the Lily Pads and definitely that hideous (in Vanilla) grass. Excellent!.... :D

• Like 1

Very happy to see you back, vurt. Your ebon hawk has been in my override since you released it.

I'd love to see a reskin of the Trayus Academy, to make it more "ancient Sith academy"-like.

I'd also love a Nar Shaddaa reskin. The current available ones are too busy with all their textures.

• Like 1

It's good to see you back, Vurt. You made my favorite TSL textures. :D

I'm seconding VarsityPuppet by saying that we definitely need a good Nar Shaddaa reskin. The planet is probably the most interesting place in TSL both in terms of it's architecture and story. It's unfortunate we really don't have any good texture mods for it. The one Xarwarz made recently was good, but I'm not going to pay for a mod, let alone a mod for a game that's a decade old.

Just a little extra note, I always had a slight bug with your Dxun texture mods. On the module right before the Mandalorian base camp, in one of the caves, there is a noticeably large dirt texture not replaced by your improved textures. I eventually found out the name of this texture and replaced it myself with one of your high-res grass textures. You probably have no idea what I'm talking about, but if you ever decide to recheck Dxun and happen to come across said spot, you may want to re-release your texture mod with an update for that. It's very minor, yes, but It's always the little bugs that stick out the most in some people's eyes. :]

I'll echo everyone else in welcoming Vurt back to the site. You were missed.

I'm going to put some quote from up above and add some italics.

Just a little extra note, I always had a slight bug with your Dxun texture mods. On the module right before the Mandalorian base camp, in one of the caves, there is a noticeably large dirt texture not replaced by your improved textures. I eventually found out the name of this texture and replaced it myself with one of your high-res grass textures. You probably have no idea what I'm talking about, but if you ever decide to recheck Dxun and happen to come across said spot, you may want to re-release your texture mod with an update for that. It's very minor, yes, but It's always the little bugs that stick out the most in some people's eyes. :]

Vurt actually made a suggestion what to do in this case.

I will probably update some of the existing textures in the mod too. Let me know if you know a certain texture that you want to get updated in TSL, preferably upload a save game next to this object.

In addition, adding the name of the texture would probably be a good plan as well - seeing as you now know it. ;)

Welcome back. Can't wait to see more mods and updates :D

Glad to see you back here :)

Your textures have been in my Override forever and I don't intend to take them out any time soon and your screenshot also looks great already.

Can't wait to see more :)

In addition, adding the name of the texture would probably be a good plan as well - seeing as you now know it. ;)

I'm sorry, but as of that post I only had the first Kotor installed. I uninstalled TSL due to a lack of use and some mod screw ups on my part.

I'll reinstall the game with Vurt's textures and try to find the texture name again with a screenshot of it as quickly as I can.

Wow, I never realized how bad those rocks looked until now. Also, I'm just going to take this opportunity to say I love your Ebon Hawk retexture for the first KOTOR. Nice to see you're still active.

Alright, apparently my memory was a bit off. There's actually a lot more of the default dirt texture not replaced then I remembered.

QhAzUtL.jpg

This is just one of many examples of how odd the merging from one texture to another is, especially since on texture is much more high res than the other one.

I then took your DXN_grs6 texture and used it to replace DXN_dirt1 and DXN_dirt2, which are the two dirt textures that were not originally replaced and covered up a large section of the Dxun ground.

cCylh47.jpg

Thanks for your ideas!

And yes i will replace that dirt texture, it's really great if you can provide file name and image, it makes it a lot easier.