1Leonard

Leonard's Faces

Lol, more tan skin?

Then it'll clash with the default body skin.

I redrew the ears, teeth and even the eyelids and I'm now coming to a point at which I can't really tweak anything to make it look even more like the real thing. I stretched my skills farther than I thought I could, which is a good thing I guess.

zwiauq.jpg  

I plan to release him with the correct clothes for each class which you see in the character creation screen.

I redrew the ears, teeth and even the eyelids and I'm now coming to a point at which I can't really tweak anything to make it look even more like the real thing. I stretched my skills farther than I thought I could, which is a good thing I guess.

zwiauq.jpg  

I plan to release him with the correct clothes for each class which you see in the character creation screen.

Neat.. Very nice.

So...are his DS impressions going to make him turn from Ewan to Sir Alec? I'm very interested to see what a Dark Side Obi-Wan looks like...

Looks great. Honestly I never noticed how messy Ewan McGregor's facial hair was in the movies, but you captured that unkempt look rather well.

Also regarding DS transitions, I believe there was some concept art from a certain Battlefront, that may have had a "Darth Obi Wan character ;).

zwiauq.jpg  

The same thing happened with me on Bail Organa, I came to a point on him as well, and that's a nice head you got there.

I converted and imported Hapslash's Obi-Wan model and remodeled my own even more to resemble it to the best of my abilities (it feels like I'll never be done). However, upon loading it in the game I took notice of something: his eyes never move and he doesn't blink. I was afraid I did something wrong and removed the corresponding files. However, it seems like it's a problem with the original head as well.

The problem: blond-haired head (pmhc06) doesn't move his eyes or blink.

Can anyone confirm this? Could it be possible to fix this?

Interesting... hadn't noticed before. Come to think of it, I think you guys are correct.

I wonder if it something was just named incorrectly?

Interesting... hadn't noticed before. Come to think of it, I think you guys are correct.

I wonder if it something was just named incorrectly?

you're right they did.

left eyelid = eylidL (should be eyeLlid)

right eyelid = eyelidL01 (should be eyeRlid)

left eye = eyeL (should be eyeLA)

right eye = eyeR (should be eyeRA)

However, using the renamer or replacer in mdlops makes it so that the face blows up in game. How can you rename these parts without ritually sacrificing the model?

ve136b.jpg

Edit: I changed the name in the ascii using notepad and recompiled the model.

2ijebk.jpg

he doesn't need the Hawk to fly high.

Edit2: using VP's headfixer, at least his placement is correct, but his eyes are still out there:

52c0wl.jpg

• Like 1

you're right they did.

However, using the renamer or replacer in mdlops makes it so that the face blows up in game. How can you rename these parts without ritually sacrificing the model?

You could try recompiling the head from scratch with changing the names in the ascii model... You might need VP's Headfixer, though.

you're right they did.

ve136b.jpg

You could try recompiling the head from scratch with changing the names in the ascii model... You might need VP's Headfixer, though.

I don't see the problem. The head looks fine!

On a serious note...

As far as getting this head to work, a few different techniques might be needed to fix these issues and maintain the face smoothing.

You could try writing to ascii, rename the trimeshes in the ascii, recompile and then use the HeadFixer and that would take care of the animations.

For the face smoothing? Er.. you might have to replace the new mdl with the old mdl, but also rename the meshes in the old one? Idk if that would work. I can't remember where the smoothing data is contained at the moment.

Nothing worked to fix the eyes so far. I've been trying to use Kaurora but that gives me a fatal error upon trying to export a binary model to ascii.

I've been trying to use Kaurora but that gives me a fatal error upon trying to export a binary model to ascii.

You can only use KAurora for MDLs without skinned meshes (i.e. only trimeshes) and no animations. If you try to load a model with either, it will crash. Even if you got it to export, it currently completely screws up the rotation data, requiring hex editing to fix (see my pics of T3 over at LucasForums).

Nice work with the head modeling, even if it's getting all chewed up and spat out in-game ;).

Remodeling isn't the problem, fixing a vanilla bug is :(

• Like 1

Started on the darkside transitions

wwf0pu.png

I had a different question: If I want to use TSLpatcher do I have to base it on the appearance 2da in tslrcm or can I just use the vanilla one?

I dunno, it is your model and texture, and I tend to think that those that do good work should do what they feel is best for their work. But, I think is is missing the "dark" from the dark-side.

I know that the "transitions" are really bad as found in the vanilla game, but, they were in the right spirit. I would actually darken the hair, and shadowing to areas of the skin along with making it look more pale, sickly. Then the eyes need to look like they are glowing, burning with contained hate. The full dark-side transition would have some fine purple veins as well.

Having said that though, I think I can see where you are going with the bleaching of the hair. Kind of like Ash from the Army of Darkness look. Which might be more applicable come to think of it. As in you darken the hair over all but pick an area or two to streak with white -- as long as it mirrors well.

But as I said, I feel it is really the call of the artist/modder. If you are confident with the way you are heading with it, you should stick with it ;).

EDIT:

Here is an (old) example I did for a character head, which like yours, will be limited in that I could not make use of specularity:

k2_00697.jpg

I dunno, it is your model and texture, and I tend to think that those that do good work should do what they feel is best for their work. But, I think is is missing the "dark" from the dark-side.

I know that the "transitions" are really bad as found in the vanilla game, but, they were in the right spirit. I would actually darken the hair, and shadowing to areas of the skin along with making it look more pale, sickly. Then the eyes need to look like they are glowing, burning with contained hate. The full dark-side transition would have some fine purple veins as well.

Having said that though, I think I can see where you are going with the bleaching of the hair. Kind of like Ash from the Army of Darkness look. Which might be more applicable come to think of it. As in you darken the hair over all but pick an area or two to streak with white -- as long as it mirrors well.

But as I said, I feel it is really the call of the artist/modder. If you are confident with the way you are heading with it, you should stick with it ;).

EDIT:

Here is an (old) example I did for a character head, which like yours, will be limited in that I could not make use of specularity:

k2_00697.jpg

Hey thanks!

I'm still tinkering with the darkside transitions so maybe I'll use some of your ideas, or make an alternate darkside skin!

In other news I've been working on the portrait of at least the default skin (no darkside transitions yet)

Just popping a screenshot in the portrait resulted in a way too flat image, so I added some light and shadows which resulted in something nicer.

First try:

59zssg.jpg

Final result (probably):

2qiztds.jpg

I had a different question: If I want to use TSLpatcher do I have to base it on the appearance 2da in tslrcm or can I just use the vanilla one?

For player heads, you are presumably adding new lines to appearance.2da, heads.2da, and portraits.2da. You shouldn't need to alter any existing data, therefore it is irrelevant whether TSLRCM is installed or not. You put untouched vanilla 2DAs in the tslpatchdata folder, then use 2DAMemory tokens so it can handle either editing existing 2DAs in the Override folder, or adding and editing the vanilla ones. These days I just find it quicker to copy and paste the contents of an old changes.ini and edit as appropriate rather than do it via ChangeEdit, but it's pretty straightforward once you know what you are doing.

I agree with SiC, honestly they don't look very darkside-like. Just looks like he's aged a bit.

I released Kenobi today.

Today I also put together a fix for the default clothes. It always bothered me that the sentinels and consulars didn't wear the clothing they wore in the character creation screen, so I rectified that. This fix can be downloaded here.

I have something else in the works and I've been brainstorming some other things, but I have nothing else to show right now.

I am very impressed with Kenobi. Makes me think that Skywalker could one day achieve glory with all the new programs that are able to edit the model files without having to break the game and what not. Great work :smiling:

@1Leonard:

it looks promising - im looking forward to the next heads...

Im not sure how much editing on the model your doing/planning to do, but  211darthrevan443 i already told about Makehuman, a software to create very detailed

human/alien models - with full blender/ 3dsMax export - it might be fit you too:

http://www.makehuman.org