VarsityPuppet

Malachor VI: An Ending Mod

Whoah, just discovered that mod and just have to register :P

there's no way I could have put an accurate estimation of how long it would take to finish the project.

Take as many time as you need. Although part of me says "I want it now :<". But modding isn't easy thing, I know that. So just finish it, no matter when. Well, almost no matter. Try to finish it before KotOR III will come out (lame joke, I know) :]

May The Force and Kreia be with you.

Hahahaha, a la Episode VI DVD? I feel like while everyone knew about the destruction of the second Death Star, no-one in the galaxy was eagerly awaiting the disintegration of Malachor V or even knew about the Sith Triumvirate.... so is this really a realistic .bik to add in?

In fact, my favorite aspect of the vanilla ending was the fact that after the final death of Kreia the Ebon Hawk just flies away and into space, with the terribly cathartic "Rebuilt Jedi Enclave" playing in the background... and then credits. I've nearly cried at that ending before.

An end-game movie was something that Bead and I have been considering for awhile. It's more of a re-tooling the credits and adding some cutscenes of party members moving on.

Things like Visas returning to Katarr, Handmaiden returning to the Dantooine temple, with the intent of rebuilding it. Something with the Mandalorians, I'm sure.

As you can see it's not something we've thought through entirely, but the concept is definitely floating around.

But no, no 'various civilizations celebrating Malachor V's destruction'. Like Zhaboka said, it's not as if anyone was even aware of what was going on with the Sith and the force and whatever.

Good idea, it'd be good to see what they actually do after the Exile leaves.

And I'll be interested to see what Canderous was doing when he could've been fighting alongside me against the Republic. We could've benefited from the addition of Clan Ordo to our ranks.

EDIT: I just thought of having a small clip of some preparation in the Sith Empire for going to the edges of the known Galaxy (they wouldn't just accept the loss of the Trayus Academy). May or may not work, just something that went through my head.

Handmaiden returning to the Dantooine temple, with the intent of rebuilding it.

Would that still happen if Handmaiden was not made into a Jedi? Something to consider ;)

Would that still happen if Handmaiden was not made into a Jedi? Something to consider ;)

Well of course. I was planning on using Kreia's dialog where she tells each party member's future as a basis. I don't remember everything exactly, but I know pretty much everyone is covered.

And depending on available VO, we might be able to add in some... teasers so to speak for what would be a Kotor 3. Kinda like those extra scenes at the end of the latest Marvel movies which allude the The Avengers. Still depends, but you guys get what I'm saying, right?

How far in progress is this mod now in? At 45% as said in the first page?

Anyway, I´m greatly looking forward to this mod, that's maybe why I´m so anxious :P

I had missed that Katarr screenshot a few pages back until now. Holy mother of the cosmos! That is amazing! You are really biting off more than you can chew here, VP... but in a really good way. Best of luck!

Oh yeah, waayyyy more than either bead or I can chew.

On the plus side, when we get going on MVI again, things should go pretty smooth.

Great work guys, considering that you have a life too it's amazing the fact you're going at this rate :)

Keep it up!

After 2 hours of staring at the screen I finally read the whole thread. I need some sleep but I feel obligated to write some stuff. First, I want to know when does the versus scenes play? Do the they play only if you are dark sided or only when you have low influence with Atton/Brianna and high influence with Mical/Visas, no matter the alligment? If it's only when you're DS, then it's okay for me because I never play as a sith. I just have a good soul :D If not, well the low influence makes Atton's/Brianna's alligment opposite yours (Me=Jedi, They=Sith, Why would a jedi keep a sith around them, no clue) so it is okay for light siders. But for dark siders, things get confusing. But I never play as a dark sider (Didn't I already mention that?) so I don't really care.

The second question I want to ask is again about the versus scenes. Is it player controlled or is it automated? If it's player controlled can I choose who to fight with or is it based upon... something? If it's automated, how is the winner determined?

Third question - Will I be able to control Mandalore at some point?

Fourth question - Will I be able to kick G0-T0's flying ass properly (By properly I mean controlling HK and using grenades and stuff on him)? I was left kinda confused as to what is gonna happen between him and the HKs. I really hate that guy and I want to see him SUFFER!!! :mad: Hmmm, I guess my soul isn't as good and clean as I thought.

5th question - Will this mod be compatible with both TSLRCM 1.8 and M4-78EP?

And if you're still wondering with what to fill the circular rooms, well, here's few ideas - we've got mines to disable (There were mines in the sith base on Manaan), broken droids to repair, non-broken droids to destroy, sith soldiers to kill, sith students to kill (It's an academy after all. There's no sign "Sith Assassins only"), sith masters to kill, other force using scum with the word "sith" in their names to kill, that kind of stuff.

Well first off, I'd like to thank you for putting all that time into reading the thread. We actually had even more from the old DeadlyStream but that all sadly was lost.

First question: We decided it was a matter of influence as opposed to the Exile's alignment. In TSLRCM actually, Kreia has dialog where she convinces either Atton or the Handmaiden to 'join' her. That happens due to low influence so we had to playh into that.

Second question: We decided in the end that it was best to not have it player controlled. I'm not at liberty to say why, but given that obviously someone's going to die, It's going to be a sad thing either way.

Third question: We were toying with the idea of having Mandalore player controlled, but what it really comes down to is how we can effectively end his portion of the story? I mean there's the whole uniting the clans and destroying the Ravager. I don't think he will have a player-controlled portion in the end though.

Fourth question: I am actually in charge of the HK factory for TSLRCM, so this aspect of Malachor is always something I think about. Most people just want that factory to be the end of his journey, but the fact of the matter is that he's still got some fllying G0-T0 ass to assassinate. I've always thought it should be a battle (the games I played as a kid decided everything in battles) so that's how we designed it. The funpart is your ending in the HK factory not only has an effect on the dialog that plays, but it also changes your chances of a successful fight against G0T0. I'll stop there before I reveal too much.

Fifth question: This mod should be compatible with both. I mean, MVI will essentially overwrite TSLRCM when it comes to Malachor, and I doubt it will even intercept with M478.

We are still taking suggestions for the rooms, but keep in mind that this is a Sith Academy, so there will primarily be sith wandering about. We've tried to outfit it with various force-based activities and of course a healty dose of puzzle solving and kicking some sith ass! We're still toying with ideas, but for the proving grounds, we're thinking of it as a... funfair sort of deal. Bunch of cool XP gaining activites. Some you have to do to get through the area, and then some other cool stuff for the overachievers.

Guest Qui-Gon Glenn

Yes, you are so cool VP! (and beadV!!)

Glad to see that this project is still going on.... My scripting heroes!!

Yes, you are so cool VP! (and beadV!!)

Glad to see that this project is still going on.... My scripting heroes!!

True! I anticipate this mod with baited breath! Very VERY appreciative for the MAlachor IV team for their hard work and dedication to quality and immersion!