Sign in to follow this  
Boilpoint

TSL now available on GOG

Excellent. A first step towards Steam, iOS and Android releases?

.... Then another step toward iOS and Android releases? :P

Yes!

KOTOR2, at least to me, is one of the greatest stories ever told in an RPG.

It's complexity and their characters (Kreia, Visas Marr, Atton, Handmaiden, Hanharr, G0-T0, Bao-Dur, Atris, Darth Sion, Darth Nihilus, Zez-Kai El etc) form a base for one of the most compelling moments in the Star Wars - Expanded Universe.

It's meditation about the events of the first game and about the Revan character were a stroke of genius.

Anyway, it's nice that more people know the awesomeness of this game.

Yes!

KOTOR2, at least to me, is one of the greatest stories ever told in an RPG.

It's complexity and their characters (Kreia, Visas Marr, Atton, Handmaiden, Hanharr, G0-T0, Bao-Dur, Atris, Darth Sion, Darth Nihilus, Zez-Kai El etc) form a base for one of the most compelling moments in the Star Wars - Expanded Universe.

It's meditation about the events of the first game and about the Revan character were a stroke of genius.

Anyway, it's nice that more people know the awesomeness of this game.

Indeed, TSL is all that and more... if you have the restored content mod.

If not, the game can arguably be considered a garbled up mess in terms of the story, with good potential but a flawed execution.

It almost makes me wish the official PC releases of the game came included with TSLRCM from the start so that everyone can experience the mod, but I'm sure most people who have the game already have the mod by now anyways.

Indeed, TSL is all that and more... if you have the restored content mod.

If not, the game can arguably be considered a garbled up mess in terms of the story, with good potential but a flawed execution.

It almost makes me wish the official PC releases of the game came included with TSLRCM from the start so that everyone can experience the mod, but I'm sure most people who have the game already have the mod by now anyways.

I've had people tell me the game is better without TSLRCM.... Yep.... Proves that some people are insane

• Like 1

.... Then another step toward iOS and Android releases? :P

Been asking Aspyr about KOTOR 2 ever since they released the first game on iOS. They say no plans "at this time" so it's possible it could happen. I'll be overjoyed if it gets brought to Mac and iOS, which would mean it would come to Android shortly after. :)

I've had people tell me the game is better without TSLRCM.... Yep.... Proves that some people are insane

Those people are idiots.

I stopped responding to them. Even had to a ban a few from my YT comments. In most of my videos I mention how TSLRCM is " essential " and " you shouldn't play without it" . Some people take massive offenses to "ruining the creators intentions".

As far as an iOS and Android release of TSL here is my opinion: Unless you could run TSLRCM  it wouldn't be worth playing through the game as the ending is junk unfortunately. That said the superior game-play and depth still put TSL as my favorites of the two.

I stopped responding to them. Even had to a ban a few from my YT comments. In most of my videos I mention how TSLRCM is " essential " and " you shouldn't play without it" . Some people take massive offenses to "ruining the creators intentions".

As far as an iOS and Android release of TSL here is my opinion: Unless you could run TSLRCM it wouldn't be worth playing through the game as the ending is junk unfortunately. That said the superior game-play and depth still put TSL as my favorites of the two.

I find it highly ironic that one of the biggest purposes of TSLRCM was to preserve the original story Obsidian wrote and only add what was in their production notes or interviews with the creators.

It's like they're using it as a scapegoat for their distaste of mods in general, and only target it because it's popular, or something...

I find it highly ironic that one of the biggest purposes of TSLRCM was to preserve the original story Obsidian wrote and only add what was in their production notes or interviews with the creators.

It's like they're using it as a scapegoat for their distaste of mods in general, and only target it because it's popular, or something...

True, but there were quite a few liberties taken (HK Factory, for sure, since that is all me), so that might be a point of contention for some...

...but I am far too lazy to go back and change anything.

To be fair, I've played TSL a few times without the Restored Content mod because I was downloading and combining several different mods that were all incompatible with TSLRCM. I did try to make up for this by using the original version of M4-78, though.

Tested GOG version of TSL yesterday. Works great on my Win7U (x86). The only thing I had to do with the game is to apply widescreen patch (I've used UniWS patcher, and it works with this version, so no more need to google for cracked *.exe).

TSLRCM, M4-78EP and any other mods work without a problem, at least I didn't encountered any.

And, btw, looks like this version comes with integrated HQ Movies and Music patches, so you don't need to download the separately.

• Like 1