Sign in to follow this  
MollyAncalime

Compatibility with Korriban Expansion?

Title explains my question. I searched this and found one topic, but a definitive yes/no wasn't given. Does the expansion work with M4-78EP? If not, is there a way to tweak it to do so?

There might be a way: contact Newbiemodder and ask him about the how. Best thing to do would be to test-it yourself and report bugs to him directly, so that he can help you fix them. I remember, back in the day, it was hell to make-it work even with the old version of TSL RCM (which means the "compatible" version is probably outdated with 1.8.3).

Well, here's what I've found on the file I had before making this thread (installed expansion then M4, going to try M4 then expansion later);

Vash's corpse is there and Visas' dialog about her death plays, but I still get her datapad added to my inventory and can talk to T3 to head to M478 after escaping Sion.

There's nothing else new in the Academy.

I can't get to the Valley Floor (couldn't trigger it in the Academy). I can warp to the Valley Floor but can't progress, Jolee is invisible and can't be talked to but I see his name if I put the cursor over where he should be.

M478 progresses as normal.

My little hypothesis for when I try installing the expansion over M4 is: Vash will be dead, I will get no datapad, the expansion will be perfectly normal and I will be able to access M478 via console warp, but not by galaxy map.

I'll post my results when I'm able to test this; I hope this goes well, these mods are both significant as, if successfully combined they build on both Korriban and the fate of Vash, as well as restore more of what TSL was meant to be, and add some as well.

I actually made them both play together nicely, at least I think so (Kreia is back at lvl 3 when she re-joins the party, but I believe that is caused by the expansion itself). It needed a bit manual work, though. (Of course, manual work is slightly smaller if you already know what to do before you start working, which I didn't at first.) And ErfEdit & KGFF. I need to check my notes on that, I'll report back when I find them.

I'm fine with that; she does still level up, though, like other NPCs do when they first join, right? I don't mind relevelling her but I do mind having to go get her a bunch of XP to relevel.

But anyway, that'd be great to know how you did it; thanks in advance for the help.

Yup, she levels up like a new NPC, no worries there. Her equipped items may disappear when Jolee joins to party, though, so you might want to remove them before that happens.

Found my edits. Unfortunately I didn't actually write any to-do-list to myself, so I had to figure them out from my edited files, but I'm writing that down right now. Should I make instructions with pictures, or is text enough?

How is it going? I'd love to play extended Korriban (actually- it's first time I've heard about this mod...), it was my favourite planet in KOTOR1

Okay, so here we go. It's not necessary to follow the instructions exactly if you know what you're doing (if you know, you can most likely see the important parts yourself, so there's no need for me to list them) but if you don't, it might be a good idea to do as told here.

You'll need ErfEdit and K-GFF, both are available at starwarsknights.com.

1. Install TSLRCM.

2. Install M4-78 EP.

3. Make a folder somewhere to put your working files into. I will call it "working folder" from now on.

4. Make a backup copy of module "701kor.mod" to your working folder. Rename the backup to something that makes you remember what it is. I will call it "RCM_701kor.mod" from now on.

5. Run the Korriban Expansion installer. Don't use the TSLRCM compability file, we'll do the merging manually.

During the installation, you probably got a warning "global.jrl already exists in Override folder. Skipping file". That is to be expected and nothing to worry about - everything is as it should. If you get any other errors, however, something is wrong and you should not proceed.

6. Copy the 701kor.mod that Korriban Expansion installed (or pick the 701kor.mod from installer's "tslpatchdata" folder) to your working folder and rename the file to something that makes you remember what it is. I will call that file "EXP_701kor.mod" from now on.

7. Open your EXP_701kor.mod with ErfEdit and extract files "701kor.git", "new_701area_ent.ncs", "to_740.utt" and "wp_valpath.utw" to your working folder.

erf_extract1.jpg

8. Rename the file "701kor.git" to "EXP_701kor.git".

9. Make a copy of your RCM_701kor.mod and rename it to "701kor.mod". Put that file into your working folder.

10. Open your RCM_701kor.mod with ErfEdit and extract files "701kor.are" and "701kor.git" to your working folder.

erf_extract2.jpg

11. Make a copy of your 701kor.are, rename it to "RCM_701kor.are" and put it into your working folder.

12. Make a copy of your 701kor.git, rename it to "RCM_701kor.git" and put it into your working folder.

13. At this point, you should have following files in your working folder:

• 701kor.are
  • 701kor.git
  • 701kor.mod
  • EXP_701kor.git
  • EXP_701kor.mod
  • new_701area_ent.ncs
  • RCM_701kor.are
  • RCM_701kor.git
  • RCM_701kor.mod
  • to_740.utt
  • wp_valpath.utw
14. Open the file 701kor.are in K-GFF, find the field "OnEnter" and replace value "k_701area_enter" with "new_701area_ent". After that, click somewhere on the left side of the K-GFF window so the program recognizes that value has changed. Save file.

kgff_edit1.jpg

15. Open the file EXP_701kor.git in K-GFF.

16. Open the file 701kor.git in another instance of K-GFF (so you should have two K-GFF:s open right now).

17. Find the "PlaceableList" from EXP_701kor.git. In the end of it, there should be 4 structs whose TemplateResRef is "plc_doorinvblk". Copy them from EXP_701kor.git to 701kor.git's PlaceableList. (You can't copy more than one struct at time, so you have to copy them one by one. Make sure that you copy all 4, and not copy any of them more than once. You can click the "-" icon to minimize the struct you have copied, so you don't accidentally copy it again.)

kgff_edit2.jpg

kgff_edit3.jpg

18. Find the "TriggerList" from EXP_701kor.git. In the end of it, there should be a struct whose Tag is "To_740". Copy it from EXP_701kor.git to 701kor.git's TriggerList.

The localized string that shows when you approach the point doesn't copy when copying the rest of the struct, so it does need to be copied separately. I don't have a screenshot of that, sorry - but it works perfectly the same way: Compare the differences, click on the line you want to copy, click the "copy string" line from the quick menu, click the correct line on the 701kor.git (the one that the localized string is under of, "TransitionDestin") and click "paste string".

kgff_edit4.jpg

19. Save 701kor.git and quit both K-GFF:s.

20. Open 701kor.mod in ErfEdit and add resources 701kor.are, 701kor.git, new_701area_ent.ncs, to_740.utt and wp_valpath.utw in it. Replace as needed. Save file, quit ErfEdit.

erf_input.jpg

21. Put the 701kor.mod into your game's Modules folder overwriting the one that is in there (it should be the one that Korriban Expansion installed, unless you did something I didn't tell you to do).

22. Launch your game, pick up a savegame from before ever visiting Korriban, and you should be good to go.

That should do it. If it doesn't work right, please let me know. I may have forgotten something, I still have a terrible headache.

Known issues you should be aware of

These seem to be issues with the Korriban Expansion itself, so I won't touch them in this compatibility patch.

• The quest "Great Escape" is empty.
  • Kreia's level is reset during the mission, so she is like she is first when she joins your party (influence, however, remains). Her equipped items potentially may disappear also, so it might be a good idea to remove them before proceeding the quest.
Edited by LiliArch
  • Like 5

Considering I hear stuff about Vash being affected, doesn't it modify things in 702KOR aswell?

(Never actually played the expansion, so anyone wanting to tell me what happens in the Academy, please do so!)

I don't think so - I never did anything to 702kor, and Vash is as alive as she ever is with M4-78. The expansion adds a new item to Academy,

but it is spawned by the door that must be blasted open with thorium charges. That door is only thing I can see that is actually changed *inside* the Academy, and it is added to Override folder, if I didn't miss something, which is of course always an option.

Thank you very much, but don't you think that you could've just post modified files and say where to put them? :D

At LilliArch... Nice job and thanks....u r correct about 702kor door btw

No, thank you. You made the mod, I just compared files. (It was fun, too. More fun than playing the game, actually. There must be something wrong with me.)

Thank you very much, but don't you think that you could've just post modified files and say where to put them? :D

Not really, it wouldn't have been much easier as you should still use ErfEdit and such, and it might cause some potential compatibility issues itself. I'd rather make a TSLPatcher to do the job, if I can get Newbiemodder's permission to include the needed files in it.

Edited the guide a bit - nothing to change really, as I tested it and it should work, but some notices to add. (A note about the Korriban Expansion's installer, and some issues you should be aware of.)

• Like 1

Just tried it and the game crashes to desktop upon reaching korriban and trying to exit the ship.

Can anyone else test this?

Edit: NVM I'm a dummy. It's working!

Edited by Mamita
I'm a dummy.

Is doing all of this manually necessary? Or does the compatibility patch provided by Newbiemodder get the job done with TSLRCM 1.8.5? Has anybody verified this lately?