Sithspecter

Sithspecter's Midsummer Mod-Off

I would like to announce a small modding contest to encourage some friendly competition and new mods in the community.

The challenge is to create a reskin or a model of an item, character, weapon, lightsaber, etc.

Sign up in this thread by Saturday, June 21st! Updates should be posted in this thread. Contest will run until Saturday, July 19th. Entrants should submit a minimum of three screenshots of their mod.

Voting will run for 1 week.

May the best modder win!

M4-78ApprovesThisMessage_zps147d1775.gif

Sign up by the 21st! You have until July 19th, at which time voting would begin. Length of time is negotiable due to the apparent lack of interest thus far.

Unreleased mods only.

Edited by Sithspecter

All right! I'm signing myself up as well. I have a few things I'd like to break out.

So when do we have to have the first screenshots by? Can we choose to take vague pictures to attempt to keep it under wraps?

Can we choose to take vague pictures to attempt to keep it under wraps?

This! Just make sure to have screenshots by July 19th!

Hum, is it not the purpose of this to have feedback while creating-it and to be able to see how the reskin is done by the person so a greater understanding of the process may be achieved and other can try to do the same later-on? Just my 2 cents :P

I thought we were all supposed to keep our modding knowledge a closely guarded secret...

• Like 1

I can't guarantee I'll finish anything, but I'll sign up for this as well.

This! Just make sure to have screenshots by July 19th!

That's great and everything, but I feel like we should probably be posting stuff on here so that any potential viewers of this thread don't just end up getting bored because of the lack of updates.

Post screenshots but don't look like you're trying to post screenshots. I don't know...post screenshots casual.

Post screenshots but don't look like you're trying to post screenshots. I don't know...post screenshots casual.

Rrrrawrrrr rrroorrrrwwrrrr!

Anyways, I'll start the party

woH5lMW.png

• Like 2

Rrrrawrrrr rrroorrrrwwrrrr!

Anyways, I'll start the party

woH5lMW.png

UMM?

(As in the "Ultimate Man box Mod"?)

I hope the name isn't a misnomer where he's just an innocent guy with an unfortunate name. Or perhaps he is more nefarious than he appears?...

Oops I finished... well almost

yOtjHrx.png

I guess I better expand the scope of my project.

I can imagine modelling the inside could take a while ;)

Well, It's going to probably going to be more of an amalgamation of the different versions. This one has the St. John's Ambulance sticker on it but it's colored more like the 10ths.

A potential interior may take several components of all of the Tardis designs.

Well yeah, it's much bigger on the inside. ;)

I know next to nothing about Doctor Who, but isn't the Interior of the Tardis supposed to be incredibly spacious? Maybe you could replace the Ebon Hawk model with the Tardis, and going inside the Ebon Hawk could still make some sense. XD

Oops I finished... well almost

yOtjHrx.png

I guess I better expand the scope of my project.

:w00t:

Really, really nice - though don't forget the glass in the windows. ;)

I actually tried my hand at this years and years ago, though I did a really lousy job, and misjudged the scale quite spectacularly:

TARDISfollows_zpsa595a324.jpg

(This image is dated 24/06/2006, according to my computer - years and years wasn't an exaggeration. You can see why I never uploaded this pic before. :P )

I can imagine modelling the inside could take a while ;)

Well, that can be sped up a little with block transfer computation, of course...

Well, It's going to probably going to be more of an amalgamation of the different versions. This one has the St. John's Ambulance sticker on it but it's colored more like the 10ths.

A potential interior may take several components of all of the Tardis designs.

If you're going to do an interior, there are only two contenders. The first is the original console room:

Hartnell1.jpg?1365244917

And the secondary console room:

secondary-console-room-610x338.jpg

Which was used for Season 14, for the run from The Masque of Mandragora through to The Robots of Death.

For reasons of practicality, the secondary console room might be easier: the primary during the first six years of the programme tended to shapeshift as space allowed, although you could probably combine the console and contents with the rough layout shown from The Three Doctors on:

11f552859287b9524371ec9c97449ee8.jpg?128

TardisZ06.png

So far as I can recall, at some point they added a pair of doors to this last one in the wall by the fault-locator and the scanner, on the right side as you look in from the doors, in the first shot. That was also the side used when they added interior doors to the original design, too, as I recall, for The Edge of Destruction (which is set entirely in the TARDIS, if you need to get an idea of the layout).

ETA: A much fuller/longer exploration of the TARDIS interior is seen in The Invasion of Time (episodes 5 & 6), but I'm not sure I'd recommend trying to model that... More seriously, the Cloister is seen in Logopolis, and the zero room (and a lot) of corridors in Castrovalva, as well as a couple of bedrooms in various Davison stories.