danil-ch

MOD:Extended Enclave (TSLRCM add-on)

Extended Enclave (TSLRCM add-on)

========================================================
A KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC II: (THE SITH LORDS) MODIFICATION
Extended Enclave 2.5.2 (TSLRCM 1.8.6. Add-On)
========================================================

Authors: danil-ch & Darth Hayze

1. Description:

----------

This is an extended version of the Rebuilt Enclave sequence. We went through the dialogs as modified by TSLRCM and compared them to the original versions and made changes and restored additional dialog based on developer notes, etc...

The following scenes have been modified:

1. "Did you not go to join him?"

Brianna approaches Kreia before the dialog with the Masters starts, and Kreia has additional lines.

2. "It is not as it was..."

The sequence with the Jedi Masters has been extended with additional dialog from the masters themselves, and when reading the minds of your party, all but Hanharr/Mira are now represented. Depending on whether you learned how to read the character’s minds, or spoke to Atton about playing Pazaak, lines may change.

3. "You have failed me. Completely, and utterly."

Kreia's confrontation with the Exile now includes several minutes of new dialog. Some of the additional dialog is dependent on your influence level with Kreia, i.e. the scene will have different lines at the end if you have high, low, or 'neutral' influence with Kreia.

4. "The exile is dead. We have lost - it is over."

After Kreia tells the Handmaiden(s) that the Exile is no more, they board the hawk, Brianna/Sisters informs the crew of the Exile's passing, Kreia tells them the one who waits in the darkness will now be revealed, and then leaves for Atris.

5. "I know you can hear me."

The scene with the Exile reading the party's minds has been extended with dialog from Atton, Bao-Dur and Canderous.

6. "If you don't warn them"

The scene with Kreia and Mical has been placed back in the original location as an extension of one of the Kreia/Mical scenes on the Hawk.

7. "I have never needed you."
Sion now receives word of the Exile's fate on Dantooine and decides to confront an old friend.

8. Numerous bug fixes and tweaks to this scene to make it run smoothly. In addition, there is now a shot of Nihilus' ship before the scene with him and Tobin.

2. Install:

----------

(It is highly recommended that you update your game to version 2.10 (the 1.0b update) before installing this mod.) As this is an add-on for TSLRCM, TSLRCM 1.8.6 is REQUIRED.

This is an add-on for TSLRCM, it will not work otherwise. So have that installed.

First, if you do not have M4-78 installed at this time, you only need to follow TSLRCM Step 1 below. If you do have M4-78 installed, or at any later date you install it, you will need to follow M4 Step 2 below.

TSLRCM Step 1:

To install, extract the Extended Enclave folder to anywhere you like, as long as it is not the SWKotOR2 folder. When you run the installer, it will present you with two options, for TSLRCM only, select Standalone option and run it.

M4-78 Step 2:

If you DO have the M4-78 installed, after running the TSLRCM Standalone installer, run the M4-78 Compatibility patch and follow the instructions presented to you.

3. Uninstall:

----------

There has been a backup made of the modified files, within a folder titled 'backup' in the 'Main Patch" folder. Simply copy 650DAN.mod, 003EBO.mod, 907MAL.mod, and 904MAL.mod into your Modules folder and delete 020EBO.mod, and 856NIH.mod, and you will have reverted to TSLRCM 1.8.6.

4. Bugs:

----------

This has been tested several times to make sure nothing weird happens. If you find anything, let us know.

5. Distribution Notes:

----------

This mod may not be modified or distributed without the explicit permission of the authors.

6. Thanks:

----------

Thanks go the entire TSLRCM team; your work has been outstanding.

7. Credits:

----------
AUTHORS:

danil-ch and Darth Hayze: Pretty much most stuff, this included lots of scripting, vo splicing, picking up slack when one of us disappeared, etc...

CONTRIBUTORS:

Hassat Hunter and zbyl2 - for help with getting it ready for TSLRCM 1.8.2/1.8.3

Sith Holocron - for suggesting a mod collaboration and the cool logo

Exile007 - for contributing his early work on the Sion scenes

TESTERS:

Loki147

Malkior

THIS MODIFICATION IS PROVIDED AS-IS AND IS NOT SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE/OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT OR LUCASARTS OR ANY LICENSERS/SPONSORS OF THE MENTIONED COMPANIES. USE OF THIS FILE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THE ABOVE MENTIONED COMPANIES OR THE AUTHOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THIS FILE.

BY BIOWARE/OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT OR LUCASARTS OR ANY LICENSERS/SPONSORS OF THE MENTIONED COMPANIES. USE OF THIS FILE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THE ABOVE MENTIONED COMPANIES OR THE AUTHOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THIS FILE.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    05/21/2014
  • Category
  • TSLRCM Compatible
    Yes

Glad to see this get released :)

I'll be certain to download it whenever I can get my computer working (yes again ... :|  )

Hooray, it's done! I'm going to be playing this over the weekend for sure. I'm very eager to so what's changed since the test version! *whispered voice* Also you may need to fix my name in the testers section (the "o" is a zero, by the way), but it's okay. I'm just happy this is done so I can have more fun with TSL.

Also I dun goofed and wrote something similar on the reviews section of the download. Any chance you could remove that?

Downloaded! Can't wait to see it ingame!

Looking forward to give this a try.

Seeing 003EBO, did you guys change the onenter script? If so I might need to make some changes to my "alterntive TSLRCM ending mod" so it can have a compatible version with this mod :D.

• Like 1

This is fantastic! Thank you for this add-on. Very enriching!

I just have one issue. After Kreia drains the masters of their Force and they're on all fours, I noticed that each of their left robe sleeve is twitchy. Might be worth looking into. Other than that I love it!

• Like 1

I'm glad you enjoyed it! In regards to their robes, I don't know if that can be fixed or not. It think it is a side-effect of their position.

I can understand that. It's just a nit-picky thing, but sometimes it's unavoidable. Great work! Looking forward to anything you may do with the GenoHaradan!

• Like 1

Hey Darth Hayze, not sure if this has to do with the Extended Enclave, but I noticed that since I've downloaded it, I went back and played the duel with Nihilus and when he dies, it doesn't go to his death cutscene. It just cuts to black and says that I have gained the Force Enlightenment power. Did you encounter a bug like this?

I also can't get out of the blank screen once this happens.

Hey Darth Hayze, not sure if this has to do with the Extended Enclave, but I noticed that since I've downloaded it, I went back and played the duel with Nihilus and when he dies, it doesn't go to his death cutscene. It just cuts to black and says that I have gained the Force Enlightenment power. Did you encounter a bug like this?

I also can't get out of the blank screen once this happens.

Oh, I'm glad it wasn't just me! I've been experiencing the same problem, and I'm not sure how to fix it. It most likely has something to do with Visas though, because if you sacrifice her during the Nihilus fight, the game will continue normally, but if I let her live, I get the same problem as quoted above.

If I repeatedly press O.K. to the sign that says I obtained Force Enlightenment, it brings it up again, and I hear the different voice lines from both Visas and Mandalore once Nihilus dies, one Force Enlightenment pop up after each voice line. Eventually, I'm able to see Mandalore fall down to the floor, with Nihilus still alive and standing. After that, the game completely black screens, and all I'm able to do is access the menu features.

I'm not sure what to make of any of this.

Also, in all of the Trayus core scenes after Sion is informed about the "death" of the Exile, a random Sith Assassin is always standing really close to the center of the Trayus core. IIRC, Mira or Atton actually had to walk past that assassin while trying to get to Kreia.

The latter of these two glitches definitely isn't game breaking like the former glitch at least, and I'm thinking that the Sith Assassin glitch might be the cause of JediShemL's Sith Assassin's with lightsabers mod, but I doubt it.

The only thing we modified on Malachor was a Kreia dlg, and our Sion scene is in a entirely new module, so I don't see how it could effect the Nihilus fight. Do either of you guys have a visas or nihilus.utc in your override?

I do not have a Visas or nihilus.utc in my override, but I do have N_darthniha.tga, N_darthniha.txi, N_darthnihh.tga, and N_darthnihh.txi as I had previously downloaded a skin mod for nihilus. Other than that, no.

It's this mod by Darth Sapiens.

http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/367-darth-sapiens-presents-hd-darth-nihilus/

I think I already tried removing both Mandalore, Visas, and Nihilus skins before the Nihilus fight, so I doubt that skins are the issue.

I did have a crash with Kreia once she boarded the Ebon Hawk after the rebuilt enclave, but that's because of a custom Kreia skin, and, I think, the only spot in the game were a custom skin will crash your game. I got rid of it and it worked just fine.

I don't suppose this would have anything to do with having Force Crush on Coruscant prior to getting Force Enlightenment, would it? All the constant Force Enlightenment updates could be because the game is messing up over how I have Force Crush when I shouldn't.

I don't know what the issue is, I have faith that it'll be all ironed out very soon though, all of the modders here work very hard to perfect TSL and it doesn't end here, whether I have to remove a certain mod or it turns out to be a bug.

Mephiles550 what are the mods you have installed?

Heh, because of a few problems with some mods I've been messing around with, I've had to uninstall TSL for what I assume to be the 50th time. This mod wasn't the reason why I uninstalled mind you, as that one glitch wouldn't be enough of a reason to influence me to completely uninstall the game. It was the result of trying to mix up to many different things from mods like Oldflash's Final Touch mod, which has some great new models and reskins, and a bunch of other different mods combined with it, all of which would take me to long to list, and I deleted all of the downloads anyway, so I would have forgotten a few of the smaller, less important mods.

Besides learning Force Crush early on Coruscant, I have no idea what mods could have caused problems with the Nihilus fight that would cause such a random issue like the one Adept and myself have experienced involving Force Enlightenment. Like I said before, I removed all custom skins/models I had for Visas, Nihilus, and Mandalore, so I have no idea what could have caused it.

Oh well, I'll just start over with TSL eventually like I always do when I have a major mod issue. On the bright side, I re-installed Kotor 1 again to compensate for uninstalling TSL, and I am loving my current mod setup for it. I'm experiencing little to no problems whatsoever for it, and it's all running smoothly.

(spoiler'd due to lack of relevance)

And since I finally figured out how to properly convert the remote model from Final Touch into TSL without installing the actual Final Touch mod, I'm super duper happy. It wasn't as simple as just taking the remotes files from the mod and porting them into my TSL override folder, I had to mess around with the model for much longer than I feel like I should have to get it to work properly. In the end, I replaced the default remote with a Wookie model, and than replaced said Wookie model with the new remote, than had to mess around with the textures so that they wouldn't be transparent.

Here's the remote model I'm talking about. The final result turned out just as I had originally hoped it would.

72996_15.jpg

And If I wasn't getting the standard remote during my testing, I was getting this monstrosity:

k200011ah0.jpgThanks to JediShemL for uploading the pic. I've actually seen this problem multiple times with other people regarding the remote model with this mod.

I know that only half of this post was relevant to the topic, but I was so happy with Kotor 1 and the Remote that I felt like sharing what I've done with them.

I honestly don't know what it could be. We never checked to see if there were issues with other Nihilus scenes, because the Nihilus cutscenes use a separate cutscene module, and I'm still going through my first actual complete TSLRCM playthrough. Give me a day or so and I'll try and see if I can replicate the bug on my end.