Sith Holocron

Star Wars Episode 7 has its director now

I won't believe it until Kathleen Kennedy says it. But if it is true... that kinda sucks. There's nothing wrong with Abrams, he's just not stylistically congruous with Star Wars. Y'know? However, I wouldn't put it past him to surprise us and make a respectfully-in-previous-style film.

I'm quite happy with it. If it takes the same tone as Star Trek (which I know is up to the writers as well) then Star Wars has a pretty good chance of avoiding the prequel happenstance

His Star Trek didn't feel Star Trek-y at all - in fact it felt more like Star Wars than Trek. What does it mean for Ep VII? No idea, might be OK, I guess. All we know for sure is that it's gonna start with a lens flare...

Abrams directing is fine... as long as they don't let his mate Damon "I'll start a load of intriguing plots, but have no idea how to actually tie them together so I'll prentend it's what I meant to do all along" Lindelof near the script :P

His Star Trek didn't feel Star Trek-y at all - in fact it felt more like Star Wars than Trek. What does it mean for Ep VII? No idea, might be OK, I guess. All we know for sure is that it's gonna start with a lens flare...

It felt more like a Mass Effect movie to me. At least most of the Star Fleet stuff.

I only hope that he uses ANH, ESB and most of ROTJ as a guiding force... and not the prequels :(

Someone I know said they read somewhere (they didn't say where) that the new films would take place in 34-44 ABY, which leads me to think they're doing films of the stuff around the New Jedi Order.

all that matters here is that it isn't lucas. I really liked JJ's Star trek. so his version of Star Wars will be something to see.

all that matters here is that it isn't lucas.

^^ I think Lucas stayed away from his original story too long and let outside influences be too influential. Now that Disney has the reigns, we'll see how it turns out.

QUICK UPDATE: J.J. Abrams has postponed the release date which was going to be in 2015 to later so he can "please the fans and make this movie great."

QUICK UPDATE: J.J. Abrams has postponed the release date which was going to be in 2015 to later so he can "please the fans and make this movie great."

Hopefully the movie is 'better' cause of it.

There are already so many movies coming out in 2015 anyways. Avengers 2, Justice League.... uh... well

You can't get much bigger than those two.

Guest R2-X2

There seems to be a general aversion to the prequels in these forums. I highly appreciate that.

I'm not sure if I'm gonna watch episode 7+, I don't want to be disappointed once more.

Just read a bunch of reviews before you go see it. Me personally, I'm gonna go to the midnight premiere.

Personally I never read reviews - a lot of critics like things I don't, and don't like things I do - everyone seems to love Titanic and I think it's rubbish, people don't like X-Men Origins: Wolverine (or any of the X-Men films, for that matter) and I think it's great, I don't even have a problem with the prequel trilogy. I'm just going to see the sequels with only my thoughts.

I am not a fan of jj abrams. He has consistently disappointed me. Although I loved the star trek movie (saw it 3x imax 2xreg) there was a lot of really stupid stuff in there. Since this is not a star trek forum i will leave it there.

He ruined the tv show Alias which the first season was absolutely amazing and then systematically ruined the next 2 seasons while all the fans stopped watching. Then he made Lost where he followed a similar path of Alias but stretched it out longer. I watched every show and had Lost parties. The last 2 seasons were a complete farce. My father guessed the ending after the very first show and because he was right my opinion of Abrams is very low. 

It will come down to the writers, let us pray that they are star wars fans. However, if it is geared towards children and not adults be ready to be disappointed. 

I have to agree with what jac posted. If Lucas would have kept sw 5&6 filmed in the spaghetti western style as #4 and if he would have done the same with the prequels (like keeping the puppets instead of the week cgi in #2) then I think he would have had better reviews.

My overall dislike of the SW franchise is that it is constantly trying to reinvent itself and gear itself towards younger audiences while alienating it's older ones. So a warning to all of you teenaged star wars fans; just ask your father how disappointed he was when he had to sit through 30 mins of Return of the Jedi with all those stupid ewoks (teddy bears) running around destroying Imperial tanks.

An don't get me started on Jar Jar Binks. I saw it on opening night and I was sitting next to a father who had his son with him. The kid loved Jar Jar while my friends and I cringed every time he was on the screen. 

George Lucas may be the most hated successful person in hollywood history. Because of all the money he made selling his toys to children, all of his star wars movies were geared towards children. I don't think Disney will be able to pass that up so I am not holding my breath.

If they were smart they would just turn SW KOTOR into a movie with TSL as a sequel. 

I can't think of a single good game-based movie. 

I love all the Resident Evil movies. I also liked the Assassin movie that was based off the video game. That was a fun video game too.  Most video games the story really sucks but KOTOR was a great story with a real good twist. I think it would be great. They already have a sequel and then they can write the 3rd one and turn that into a video game.

"Clue"

Ha! You're really aging yourself there SH XD

Teenage Mutant Ninja Warriors! The first one was hilarious! I loved that when I was a kid<3

The KotOR series would make a great movie trilogy. In fact, I can visualize almost every scene in my head, I can hear the music, I can hear the actor's voices...

...I have a little life's dream stewing over here.

The KotOR series would make a great movie trilogy. In fact, I can visualize almost every scene in my head, I can hear the music, I can hear the actor's voices...

...I have a little life's dream stewing over here.

You and me both there Zhaboka, I have wanted a KotOR movie trilogy since TSL came out. TSL's story would make the darkest Star Wars movie with the right director and actors, they would need to get the actor that does the voice for HK-47 to do the movies thou (put his ass in the different HK costumes like Anthony Daniels)

Haha, I don't think HK's frame allows for a human to act inside it... but Kristoffer Tabori is a must.

personally im worried that episode 7 will ruin the post ep vi   eu, i mean thrawn is one badass grand admiral. i would hate to see him go.  as well as i really like the legacy era, to me the one way they could keep the eu intact would be to focus it on alanna solo, because its the post fate of the jedi era,  but still pre legacy, it hasnt been explored much and it could be exciting.