bendarby24

What is your favorite game and game series?

For me my favorite games where dungeon keepers 2 - one of the first games I ever played and is my favorite tactics game, Drakan the ancient gates was the first medieval sword playing game I really love and I still wish I had my PS2 to play it :(, star wars battlefront is my favorite shooter of all time and my most played game of all time this is my number 1 favorite game and I have played it more than most of my current game excluding kotor and skyrim to date. How could I not add my favorite PC game ever kotor 2 ;) - I don't think I need to say much about this :P , skyrim - all I need to say it seen as one of the greatest games ever and I think it been vote best game of the year award EVER! Finally fable 2 I think this one of best examples of cross over between RPG and RPG shooter it not quite both an is one of the best in the series and I know many would disagree but general overall speaking for all features it the best out of all the fable's.

My favorite game series is between the elder scrolls, kotor and fable due to the fact they are all RPG and have extremely good storyline and is fill of good content and has all made an impact on my life.

• Like 1

Favorite Game: Zelda: Skyward Sword

Favorite Series: Legend of Zelda

Honorable Mentions (my top 9 after Skyward Sword): Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Xenoblade Chronicles, Chrono Trigger, A Link to the Past, Super Mario World, Dragon Age: Origins, KotOR I/II (tied for #8), and Kingdom Hearts II.

• Like 1

KotOR, KotOR 2, TES III: Morrowind, TES IV: Oblivion, Medal of Honor: Allied Assault, Gothic, Gothic 2, GTA: Vice City, GTA: San Andreas, Haegemonia: Legions of Iron, JK II: Jedi Outcast, Jedi Academy, Fable, Warcraft III, Beyond Good & Evil, UT 2004, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, Quake III Arena, Republic Commando, Spellforce, Knights of Honor

Yeah... I mostly like older games.

Favorite game: KotOR

Favorite series: The Elder Scrolls

There is a severe lack of Zelda/Xenoblade/Chrono Trigger/ect in this thread, the thread needs more of that. Where is Varsity Puppet when I need him to increase the amount of awesome console only games in this thread? Ah well.

i havent relly ever played legend of zelder but with my little time with the one of the games i was drawn into it and i loved it. i think it was the origional. can you help me try tell which one this is: you start in your vilage and end up needing to go into this big tree with a big spider boss but before that you need to get a sword which is hidden.

i haven't really ever played legend of zelda but with my little time with the one of the games i was drawn into it and i loved it. i think it was the original. can you help me try tell which one this is: you start in your village and end up needing to go into this big tree with a big spider boss but before that you need to get a sword which is hidden.

Fix'd your spelling.

Anyway, you were playing Ocarina of Time which is on the Nintendo64, Gamecube, Wii VC, and 3DS the most well known Zelda game in history and one of the greatest games ever made (and in a lot of people eyes the best game ever made, I still think Skyward Sword beats it by a bit though but eh opinions).

Fix'd your spelling.

Anyway, you were playing Ocarina of Time which is on the Nintendo64, Gamecube, Wii VC, and 3DS the most well known Zelda game in history and one of the greatest games ever made (and in a lot of people eyes the best game ever made, I still think Skyward Sword beats it by a bit though but eh opinions).

Ocarina of time was a fun game.

My fave is the original Legend of Zelda. There would be no RPG games if this one was not a success. It was the first game that you were able to save you game and resume where you left off. It had a memory chip in the game cartridge and you had to be careful when you turned it on and off or you could lose your game. It was also freakin hard! It took me 6 months just to find that right bush to burn and find the entrance to the last level. LoL For its time no other game came close to story line and game play. It single handedly changed video games at the time. Although the Legend of Link the follow up was not as good it still had that save feature that no other game had at the time. Also the music was great!

You can pick up the game and console for cheap on ebay. Totally worth it.

After this I would say Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale1 and 2, Baldur's Gate 2, Neverwinter Nights, Shadows of Undrentide , Hordes of the Underdark and Neverwinter Nights 2 (which I have never played but I have a copy right next to me and plan on starting to download mods for it as soon as I am finished my first run through of tslrcm.)

Ocarina of time was a fun game.

My fave is the original Legend of Zelda. There would be no RPG games if this one was not a success. It was the first game that you were able to save you game and resume where you left off. It had a memory chip in the game cartridge and you had to be careful when you turned it on and off or you could lose your game. It was also freakin hard! It took me 6 months just to find that right bush to burn and find the entrance to the last level. LoL For its time no other game came close to story line and game play. It single handedly changed video games at the time. Although the Adventure of Link the follow up was not as good it still had that save feature that no other game had at the time. Also the music was great!

You can pick up the game and console for cheap on ebay. Totally worth it.

Yay! Another Zelda fan. My favorite is Skyward Sword followed closely by Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask.

You are absolutely right that the original Legend of Zelda changed gaming forever, although I'm glad the final version turned out the way it did because I'll be honest I like beta content but the prototype of the original Legend of Zelda was way too easy.

I like all Zelda games though except the CD-i games which are not true Zelda games.

The follow up to the original Legend of Zelda introduced more RPG elements but yeah that game would be pretty low on my list too, I mean I like it just not as much as every other Zelda.

Yay! Another Zelda fan. My favorite is Skyward Sword followed closely by Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask.

You are absolutely right that the original Legend of Zelda changed gaming forever, although I'm glad the final version turned out the way it did because I'll be honest I like beta content but the prototype of the original Legend of Zelda was way too easy.

I like all Zelda games though except the CD-i games which are not true Zelda games.

The follow up to the original Legend of Zelda introduced more RPG elements but yeah that game would be pretty low on my list too, I mean I like it just not as much as every other Zelda.

ZM90, Kate the Bionic Uterus and VarsityPuppet unite as the Triforce of DeadlyStream to represent Zelda fans everywhere!

Ocarina of Time is a pretty damn good game. The original graphics don't hold up so well, but with the 3Ds remake or even running on an emulator with updated graphics packs... it's pretty frickin sweet! Twilight Princess is my second favorite, although I will say I didn't really get into Majora's Mask and I have to put in many more hours into Skyward Sword. The series as a whole has got to be one of the best.

My favorite though? Probably Mass Effect. Yeah, I know I jumped on the Mass Effect bandwagon, but unlike Kotor, I will actually stop and listen to the dialog in the game.

Best game though will have to be (and I think ZM90 will agree with me - or at least he recognizes) Chrono Trigger.

Seriously. For being a game that's nearly 20 years old, the graphics, game mechanics and the story hold up well. It's even available on the Android and iOS markets now for $10!!!! It's also consistently listed on may Top Game lists.

ZM90, Kate the Bionic Uterus and VarsityPuppet unite as the Triforce of DeadlyStream to represent Zelda fans everywhere!

Ocarina of Time is a pretty damn good game. The original graphics don't hold up so well, but with the 3Ds remake or even running on an emulator with updated graphics packs... it's pretty frickin sweet! Twilight Princess is my second favorite, although I will say I didn't really get into Majora's Mask and I have to put in many more hours into Skyward Sword. The series as a whole has got to be one of the best.

My favorite though? Probably Mass Effect. Yeah, I know I jumped on the Mass Effect bandwagon, but unlike Kotor, I will actually stop and listen to the dialog in the game.

Best game though will have to be (and I think ZM90 will agree with me - or at least he recognizes) Chrono Trigger.

Seriously. For being a game that's nearly 20 years old, the graphics, game mechanics and the story hold up well. It's even available on the Android and iOS markets now for $10!!!! It's also consistently listed on may Top Game lists.

Yeah OoT 3D lis amazing looking and has my favorite art style of the entire series. My second favorite art style is the Skyward Sword one and my third favorite art style is the one from The Wind Waker. I mean look at The Wind Waker it's almost 10 years old and still looks amazing.

Chrono Trigger is amazing and although it isn't my favorite game of all time it IS in my top 10 games of all time.

My favorite game is probably Baldur's Gate II though I don't play it anymore. Favorite series are KotoR, Baldur's Gate, and Mass Effect. I've finished the first game with all but one of the character classes (Sentinel) and am thinking about starting a new game with that class to check it out.

Best game: Fahrenheit (aka Indigo Prophecy)

Honorable mention: Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, Under a Killing Moon, Another World, Baldur's Gate

Favourite Series: Knights of the Old Republic

Honorable mention: Metroid Trilogy, Max Payne, Metal Gear Solid, Wing Commander

Guest R2-X2

In a somewhat loose order of how much I like them

KotOR,

Age of Empires II: The Conquerors

Civilization 3: Conquests,

Civilization 4: Beyond the Sword

are the awesome Top games.

Spore, Empire Earth, SWBF2, TrackMania United Forever, Stronghold (1 & Crusader, not that new bullsh*t!) were all good as well.

You can see, old games are the best :D

Just got Mass Effect recently, it's my newest (by year of release) game, but I yet have to test it.

You can see, old games are the best :D

Lack of Sonic, Mario, Zelda, Chrono Trigger,ect. in your list is slightly disappointing. Did you grow up with only PC games?

I grew up with both console and PC myself. When I was 10 I had a N64, SNES, Gameboy, PC, Sega Genesis, and Dreamcast.

Guest R2-X2

Did you grow up with only PC games?

Exactly. Never came to like any other console. Also, I called these games old, but I know there are many older (and good) games and to some of you the ones I listed may not be that old.... Should I include Prince of Persia? (The first one, in DOS on the PC, was one of my very first games.)

Exactly. Never came to like any other console. Also, I called these games old, but I know there are many older (and good) games and to some of you the ones I listed may not be that old.... Should I include Prince of Persia? (The first one, in DOS on the PC, was one of my very first games.)

Well I enjoy both console and PC games, I figure why not the best of both worlds? I love my KotOR, Battlefront, Empire at War, Jedi Knight, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Skyrim, ect. on my PC but I also love my console exclusives like Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, ect.

I broke a joystick playing Asteroids on an Atari 2600. I think my all time favorite game was Ultima V for Commodore.

Zelda: Twilight Princess I use to play it on the Wi I had but don't have that no more. Yes I remember that original Zelda too and that burning the bush. So many years ago for me to play that one but it was good!

Kotor 2 and Kotor of course.

I'm something of a renessiance man myself, having grown up with nes, snes, genesis, gameboy and pc.

Some of my favorites include xwing alliance, chrono trigger, and 007: Goldeneye

Best game: Fallout 1&2 (yes, I love both of them and I can't decide which one is better. Today I like 2 more, but tomorrow I'll say that the 1st is the best, and so on)

Honorable mention: Planescape: Tourment; Deus Ex; Dragon Age: Origins; Arcanum; Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines; Freelancer; Duke Nukem 3D; Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past; Syndicate (the old one, made by Bullfrog in 1993); Prince of Persia (original); Resident Evil 2; Rock N' Roll Racing; The lost Vikings; Soldier of Fortune.

Favourite Series: Dark Forces/Jedi Knight

Honorable mention: Max Payne; KotOR; The Witcher; Resident Evil; Mass Effect; StarCraft; Civilization; Age of Empires; Gothic; Devil May Cry; Mortal Kombat; Doom; Quake; Half-Life.