Hassat Hunter

Bugs and minor inconveniences with TSLRCM 1.8

Ya know, I thought about that after I posted it. How do I do that nowadays in steam?

Look for "swkotor2.ini" in the installation folder (or just search for the file). Open it in notepad. There is an entry "Disable Movies=0". Change "0" to "1".

From my experience, movies tend to crash the game when using Intel HD GPU. In such cases your game wouldn't even get past the opening movie...

If the game crashes, examine the report in the Event log. There you should find the first glimpse as to where the error is: in the executable itself, or some dll.

It doesn't "crash" it just freezes and fails to load something so I have to close it with CTRL+ALT+DELETE. Where can I find this "event log"?

In the same swkotor2.ini, make sure you run it in windowed mode (so fullscreen off on all mentions of fullscreen). Apparently fixed a few issues with Steam...

Well, that didn't work either. I'm about to give up and just find 1.7 running around somewhere since I never had this many problems with my last build.

It doesn't "crash" it just freezes and fails to load something so I have to close it with CTRL+ALT+DELETE. Where can I find this "event log"?

Search “event log” in the start menu.

If you manually have to shut it down, then the chances are grim you will find anything useful in the event log. But you can try.

Thankfully, the game did crash the last time I tried to close it.

"The program swkotor2.exe version 2.2.0.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.

Process ID: fa0

Start Time: 01cdb051c70be4f1

Termination Time: 50

Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Knights of the Old Republic II\swkotor2.exe

Report Id: "

Error 10/22/2012 7:37:36 AM Application Hang 1002 (101)

Log Name: Application

Source: Application Hang

Date: 10/22/2012 7:37:36 AM

Event ID: 1002

Task Category: (101)

Level: Error

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: EDI

Description:

The program swkotor2.exe version 2.2.0.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.

Process ID: fa0

Start Time: 01cdb051c70be4f1

Termination Time: 50

Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Knights of the Old Republic II\swkotor2.exe

Report Id:

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Application Hang" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1002</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>101</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2012-10-22T12:37:36.000000000Z" />

<EventRecordID>15503</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>EDI</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>swkotor2.exe</Data>

<Data>2.2.0.0</Data>

<Data>fa0</Data>

<Data>01cdb051c70be4f1</Data>

<Data>50</Data>

<Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Knights of the Old Republic II\swkotor2.exe</Data>

<Data>

</Data>

<Binary>54006F00700020006C006500760065006C002000770069006E0064006F0077002000690073002000690064006C00650000000000</Binary>

</EventData>

</Event>

1.) When Hanharr is stalking Mira on Malachor V, Mira is holding a blaster rifle but the blaster rifle is invisible.

2.) When Hanharr grabs Mira by the neck, her whole body is below his hand. This bug does not occur on Nar Shaddaa.

This is a minor inconvenience, and I'm pretty sure it's with vanilla TSL as well, so I don't mind if it's not addressed.

The holograms for people show their eyeballs. It's really freaky and weird. Would like it if they could be hidden or something.

EDIT: New problem; On Telos, Entertainment Module 081. The Czerka mercenaries are already attacking the Sullastan on entry. The first dialogue fires, but after killing both mercenaries, the second dialogue with the Sullistan doesn't fire, meaning he just stands there in the panic animation. Talking to him centers the camera like when you try talking to any npc without a dialogue. Tried to go into the Cantina and return to see if that would change things, but the screen went black when attempting to leave the cantina. I'm very tired right now and I've been using cheats/KSE, and it's likely there's a conflicting mod somewhere, so I'll get back to you on this. For now, don't worry too much.

Hi there I had started a game and gotten to dantooine then installed tslrcm 1.8, now when I load my game all I can see is a grey screen with a purple hexagon in the middle, my map marker still moves around on the minimap when I move but when i go to my menus I get CTD, can anyone help me fix this please?

Hi there I had started a game and gotten to dantooine then installed tslrcm 1.8, now when I load my game all I can see is a grey screen with a purple hexagon in the middle, my map marker still moves around on the minimap when I move but when i go to my menus I get CTD, can anyone help me fix this please?

Before I start, I'll quote the read-me included with TSLRCM 1.8

* Saves from version 1.7 "should" work after installing version 1.8.1 but It is still suggested to start new game.

There were many changes to the game starting with Peragus, continuing with Telos, and . . . well pretty much all of the planets have had significant changes. Your vanilla save will likely NOT work.

What mods did you have on the game before? Did you have a previous version of TSLRCM?

Are there any other mods you may have installed? If so, what are all of their names and also provide a link to that mod so it might be evaluated.

Before I start, I'll quote the read-me included with TSLRCM 1.8

There were many changes to the game starting with Peragus, continuing with Telos, and . . . well pretty much all of the planets have had significant changes. Your vanilla save will likely NOT work.

What mods did you have on the game before? Did you have a previous version of TSLRCM?

Are there any other mods you may have installed? If so, what are all of their names and also provide a link to that mod so it might be evaluated.

Never mind. I got it working. I had to re-install the "Exile mod" to restore my custom character only prob I have is I killed the laigreks on Dantooine before getting the "thief finding" quest from Daraala now the door wont open in the Jedi enclave just says locked with no options to bash or unlock. Not really bothered about this to be honest but if there is a fix then the mods I have installed are:

TSLRCM 1.8

Telos Polar Sidequest: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Telos_polar_plateau_sidequest;109661

Exile Expansion: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/;85898

Slums of Telos: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Slums_of_Telos;89179

Newbie Modders Korriban Expansion: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/NEWBIEMODDERS_KORRIBAN_EXPANSION;118246x

Coruscant Planet: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Coruscant_Jedi_Temple;76316

I know for sure the first is incompatible...

Not sure of the rest...

Game works fine with the mods but yet again i have been bugged at Nar Shadda when I am supposed to enter the jekk jekk tar bar with mira in the spacesuit when I click on the private lounge door Mira just keeps bouncing off the door. I believe this to be a problem with official patch 1.0b as this happens to me no matter what mods i use, if I use no mods at all or if I empty my override folder and the last time I can remember getting past that part bug free was before i had the patch. I've searched on forums for about a year for a fix to this glitch but apparently there is none that actually work speaking through experience lol. Don't suppose any of u guys know how to fix this? Already tried removing n_quarren_ntc frm override, re-installing game, lowering graphics settings, emptying override folder etc.

You could try to use open door armband to open the door. I remember something similar to this happening to me back when I had a patched 1.6 or 1.7 installed and some weird mod that messed with Visquis' UTC, and I used the open door armband to get in the room. Though, in the end, I think I just loaded a previous save before entering the Jek Jek Tar or possibly just started a new game..

well thanks for the feedback. The whereami armband doesnt help as when u open th door with it visquis is not there lol and I think slums of Telos might b the culprit as it overrites n_qaurren2_utc. Moved onto darkness 2 just now though i'll try it without this mod next time I install. Also dunno if this has anything to do with it but every time I visit Nar Shadda for the first time I always spawn on goto's yacht instead of the landing pad and have to use the warp cheat to proceed with the game, maybe this is breaking Nar Shadaa????

This is a minor inconvenience, and I'm pretty sure it's with vanilla TSL as well, so I don't mind if it's not addressed.

The holograms for people show their eyeballs. It's really freaky and weird. Would like it if they could be hidden or something.

While I've always thought that fixing this would make a good mod, it's probably beyond the scope of this project.

• Like 1

While I've always thought that fixing this would make a good mod, it's probably beyond the scope of this project.

This and the teeth (Which you can also see)!

• Like 1

IIRC the hologram textures are a mess and hard to decipher what goes where. I don't know if you can change stuff like transparency within the MDL file but if you can, it'd be better to go that route rather than a texture change.

On Nar Shaddaa Kreia has shown real sith power by slamming Hanharr through wall. So I was forced to fight with mercenaries with only Atton and T3-M4 in party...

And by the way - if on G0-t0 yacht you will try to intimidate g0-t0, he will remove all oxygen, so characters will be rendomy put under choke effect. So... this is also working for all enemies. Yes, that realistic, but it kinda stupid when duros and twe'leks are simply dying while talking there lines. And If you take two droids on yacht and your character has heal skill he can simply stay and wait while all enemies dies by themselves. I personally think that is a sort of bug and enemies should be defended against that.

Also is G0-t0 remove oxygen, why Breath control can't help?

But doesn't this was restored?... Oh, hmm... strange

I use only two modes outside TSLRCM:

http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/154-tor-series-saber-mod/

http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/128-tsl-replacement-hilts-megapack/

Well, I also install this skins

http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/187-k2-exterior-textures-part-1/

http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/188-k2-exterior-textures-part-2/

I don't think that hilts or simple textures will work on dialogs

But still, every time when my character on the dark side and I enter bridge I have to try to intimidate g0-t0 with my skills. G0-t0 answer that he is not amused and command to drain oxygen from the ship... What is more interesting - I was unable to receive this dialog as any lightside character...

And by the way - I use steam version...

Yes. I use 1.8.1 version and can see change in main menu

And to prevent stupid questions. No, I don't just install patch for TSLRCM 1.8.