Hassat Hunter

Bugs and minor inconveniences with TSLRCM 1.8

Can't say I know this one. But the HK-50 not getting it's cutscene should already display that it's erroneous behavior. Did it happen too with your backup save? Would tell whether it's mod comp error of just random fluke.

I should be able to answer this question for you this weekend. I've been pretty busy this week so unfortunately I haven't had a great deal of time to play.

Did you continue playing 1.8 with an older save?

Since it can sometimes (but not often) fail to add proper new globals then, leading to the issue you mention.

For now, enabling cheats then typing (without quotes) in the console "warp 351nar" should work.

Actually no, I started my first KOTOR II on my PC with RCM 1.8 already installed before I even started my KOTOR II on my Steam though i'm theorizing (not exactly accurate here) that it might be that the fact that the restored cutscene where it shows the Red Eclipse board the ship and whatnot more than once (I did it once with repeating multiple times and then I thought that might be the cause of it so I took care of it only after multiple strange repeats of the cutscene) and that led me to believe that this led to the wrong part of KOTOR II executing when the proper Goto's Yacht scene is supposed to play but now I got another repeat and this time around I took care of the Red Eclipse and killed them, thus ending the Red Eclipse quest but even after completing it it still repeated for some strange reason, i'm theorizing but not entirely certain that this might be the cause for the improper scene playing at the Goto's Yacht part but again, I dunno for certain, just a guess. ^^; I hope that they will release a patch soon enough (I don't mind waiting) that will fix this quite conflicting problem(s) since it is quite annoying. :( I haven't confirmed yet if I can reach Goto's Yacht fully into it but i'm hoping that completing the Red Eclipse quest (Landing Rights) after experiencing the cutscene once and dealing with that after seeing it just once might fix the annoying bug but if all else fails I will take your advice and do that if it doesn't go through it normally as it should, thanks for the support, really. :)

I should be able to answer this question for you this weekend. I've been pretty busy this week so unfortunately I haven't had a great deal of time to play.

Question answered. As best as I can determine, this was nothing more than a computer glitch. I just completed the lightsaber training with Visas.

Question answered. As best as I can determine, this was nothing more than a computer glitch. I just completed the lightsaber training with Visas.

I have that error as well since nothing at all happens after I beat Visas after the "Lightsaber Training" with her, which is odd indeed. I don't think I have 1.6 since I downloaded the 1.8 version directly from the Moddb page itself which only has the 1.8 download. So that's proof I don't have 1.6 but I just wish the strange problems weren't there. :(

All HK become transparent as soon as I install TSLRCM. Remove TSL and reinstall pure Kotor 2 - all HK normel, return TSLRCM - again HK agan transparent... What the hell?

All HK become transparent as soon as I install TSLRCM. Remove TSL and reinstall pure Kotor 2 - all HK normel, return TSLRCM - again HK agan transparent... What the hell?

I had the same problem believe it or not. XD lol I just installed a good HK-50/51 skin makeover and that fixed it so that it reflects the one in the skin mod and that was enough for me. ^^

If they're transparent, then the texture is missing completely. If the texture changes in appearance.2da, there must be a .txi file made for that character with the same information in it. For example, I use the Shiny Mandalorians mod. That mod includes an appearance.2da file with the shine already set, but I can't use the included .2da file because TSLRCM has its own. Thus I'm required to edit the appearance.2da file from TSLRCM and add the CM_baremetal environment map to the Mandalorians. The mod includes the .txi files for each of the skins that make up the Mandalorians but if it didn't, the .txi files are simple text files with the name of the texture in them.

For all the HKs and G0-T0 the same thing was done. These skins, along with the skin of Darth Nihilus' mask, are the last remnant of SK90's Ultimate Appearance Mod that exists in my game. Each skin has had a baremetal texture added to it using the .txi file, then the appearance.2da file edited.

I had the same problem believe it or not. XD lol I just installed a good HK-50/51 skin makeover and that fixed it so that it reflects the one in the skin mod and that was enough for me. ^^

Weird, I've had this for a while, idk what did it but for me skin textures won't change it, it just stays... :unsure:

First off, great job on the mod. Unfortunately though I've run into a game-breaking bug. After returning to the hidden academy on Telos and killing Atris, I get sent to the Old Military base at the Czerka excavation site after the loading screen rather than seeing Lt. Grenn. I can run around the base and leave to the restoration zone but obviously there's no way out of it. Any ideas about how to fix this?

I've installed the 1.8.1 patch btw.

Thanks

I have a weird bug now, it's after Kreia uses her "power" on all three Jedi Masters and after that the screen turns black and ends her dialogue after her using that "power" when it fully blacks out, help please... :( I don't have any Kreia skins as I don't really care for her. XD But still, i'd appreciate any help on how to fix this annoying bug, really. :)

Not completely sure it is a bug but still strange... Here is something strange with lightsabers "drops"

Looks like it is echoing from small choice - player lightsaber. Of course I already playing TSLRCM for a second time. (By the way transparent HK was healed after I began to use steam version... strange...) Lightsabers are awfully same

First I choose double saber and only the non-double-saber I found was named a short saber at the Dxun Sith tomb.

Now I've created one bladed saber and by the time that I got to Malachor V, I was able to find only more short lightsabers...

That's simply... well, it doesn't look like random at all

Has anyone else experienced an issue with the 1.8.1 patch replacing a modded dialog.tlk file with a plain one?

It launches a_firehanddlg.ncs then.

Do you have such a file in your override folder?

I checked my Override directory but no file called such is there, odd... :/ What do you suggest I do to fix it? I really want it fixed after all. :(

Has anyone else experienced an issue with the 1.8.1 patch replacing a modded dialog.tlk file with a plain one?

It replaces all the files it installs. You will need to reinstall any other mods you installed.

That's simply... well, it doesn't look like random at all

Nope, both are entirely random. Only the colors are more random in TSLRCM than vanilla TSL, but what blade (short, normal, dual) is exactly the same. So 33% chance of each each time.

It replaces all the files it installs. You will need to reinstall any other mods you installed.
So I noticed. :\

Yup. Original TSLRCM works the same way, and so does the 1.8.1 installer and 1.8.1 patch.

I checked my Override directory but no file called such is there, odd... :/ What do you suggest I do to fix it? I really want it fixed after all. :(

That's not odd at all, since it shouldn't be there. If it was there, it was definitely the cause of your issue. But since it isn't. Questions;

* Was this a 1.8 save and you're now using 1.8.1?

* Which do you use of the 2 right now?

* What is the status of the Handmaiden? Using Handmaiden 4 Females BETA? Or do you have Disciple?

* And of course; what other mods do you have?

I have no idea if this is due to TSLRCM or just my version of the game (the recent 1&2 bundle).

Throughout the game I've had intermittent loading problems. The loading bar goes to about 90% then the game crashes to desktop (although the desktop stays at the game resolution until I end the program).

Usually one or two loads will do this, and until now it's only happened on the first load of a game (i.e. not when entering a new area).

Now, the same thing happens but it seems permanent. It's when you board Goto's ship - the Duros cutscene will load, then I get a video and the load screen for Goto's ship hangs as I described above. I've tried it about 30 times now with the same result.

Edit: Tried it again and noticed a error message that only appears in the system tray for a short amount of time: "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered" - a search suggests corrupted files so I'll try to reinstall if nobody knows of the issue.

Nope, both are entirely random. Only the colors are more random in TSLRCM than vanilla TSL, but what blade (short, normal, dual) is exactly the same. So 33% chance of each each time.

Yup. Original TSLRCM works the same way, and so does the 1.8.1 installer and 1.8.1 patch.

That's not odd at all, since it shouldn't be there. If it was there, it was definitely the cause of your issue. But since it isn't. Questions;

* Was this a 1.8 save and you're now using 1.8.1?

* Which do you use of the 2 right now?

* What is the status of the Handmaiden? Using Handmaiden 4 Females BETA? Or do you have Disciple?

* And of course; what other mods do you have?

Well I can try but I don't think it's the full list..

- I have Ultimate Sabee Mod (Yes, I've heard it's incompatible but as long as it doesn't mess with the main story's progress I don't mind. ^^; )

- Also, I have the Yuthura, Mission Vao, and Taepalae heads.

- High Level Force Mod with it's patch,

- Lost Force Powers pack mod

- The Full Force Mod(this mod leads me to believe that is causing a bit of trouble, and I may have to leave that out as it conflicts with the Lost Force Powers and High Level Force Power mods)

- Enhanced Visas Marr Romancement (for the part after the Jedi Masters event on Dantooine and the problem I'm having right now does not occur at that part but as said before when Kreia uses her "power" on all three Jedi Masters and shortly after that fades to black and when fully black ends her dialogue and remain trapped in black screen yet still am able to go to the menu screens but nothing more than that it seems which is very odd indeed.

- The Fire & Ice robes mod (But it should not conflict as it merely adds to the corpse inside the Shyrack Caves near the entrance/exit of it.)

- I also have the HD movies and the official music update (more HD and clearer)

- The Coruscant Jedi Temple mod,

- Revan's and Star Forge robe pack,

- TSL Jedi & Sith Battle Helmets Mod (All created at workbench).

- Survival Mask 1.1 (That replaces the look of the normal Arkanian Blinders and other related masks to Survival Mask model and texture but does not replace the stats of each respected mask.)

- The last I can point out is an HD Lighting replacement that replaces the Lighting bolts from various things emitted from (Force Lightning, Shock arm, etc. ) with the new one. (I have a feeling it might be because of the Full Force Power Mod as I see it indeed conflicting with Lost Powers and High level Force power mods but again, just a feeling. ^^; )

Hope this long wall of text helps, if at all. ^^; I'm specifically looking to fix that one problem as stated before, as long as they don't interfere with the main story's progress I don't mind.)

The status of the Handmaiden (I'm a male PC ) is when she doesn't trust my PC anymore and goes all DS robes.

I started a new game with TSLRCM 1.8.1 installed.

Well I can try but I don't think it's the full list...

Look again and see what you may have missed.

- I have Ultimate Sabee Mod (Yes, I've heard it's incompatible but as long as it doesn't mess with the main story's progress I don't mind. ^^; )

- Survival Mask 1.1 (That replaces the look of the normal Arkanian Blinders and other related masks to Survival Mask model and texture but does not replace the stats of each respected mask.)

My two cents:

You are very bold to use USM when there are newer and compatible saber mods out there!

I would ditch the Enhanced Romancement with Visas Marr.

And I agree on Full Force mod.

P.S. I checked out the Survival Mask mod you mentioned. I like! Going to DL.

Could you upload a savegame?

USM may very well be the cause... it is indeed a bad idea to use incompatible mods.

But right now I have about 10 shortsaber and 1(originally created with Bao-Dur) normal lightsaber. So, is they are completely random and has no connection between them, chance for that situation(10 shortsabers) to occur is 0,33^10. This value is very, very low. And on my previous run I has only double bladed lightsabers. Again, chance for that to occur is 0,33^10... And have such unique rolls in two playthrough... Simply strange)