Hassat Hunter

Bugs and minor inconveniences with TSLRCM 1.8

Do you use any mods, ajlbibak? They could be potentially interfering with the HK factory content.

As I said it happened to me only once while playing vanilla game, I still have yet to play TSLRCM.

Minor issue in the Shyrack Caves. Each of the chambers in the caves has two entrances. The leftmost chamber (if looking at the chambers from the main entrance) is missing a trigger on the entrance that leads deeper into the caves. The end result is that if someone takes the bugged entrance into the chamber, the Deadly Tuk'ata within do not become hostile until attempting to leave the chamber through the other entrance.

Not quite sure what room you talk about. Can you get a screen of the room, adding red lines which explain the room in question?

pcdead2.dlg?

I just searched for it in my Override, its not there. Not sure how that happened. Could I download it from somewhere or can I get it out of the 1.8 install?

But I'm surprised that stopped the game from working. Doesn't vanilla TSL play a cutscene at that point anyways?

It's not in override, it's in 003EBO.mod. However if one was in override, it would override mine, and things would go bad. Same for k_003ebo_enter.ncs.

I am pretty sure it is a file in your override that does this, considering the scene runs just fine for me.

And no, the game doesn't return to the EH at that point in vanilla. It only does so in TSLRCM, and runs the proper scene using our modified k_003ebo_enter.ncs. And yes, that means someone gets stuck if using an incompatible one from another mod, like the user below...

I didn't get the droid factory's location. I did everything, I got plenty of encounters with long monologues from the droids' part, but I didn't have the option to have any conversation about it, other than the first ones, regarding the tracking device and the need to encounter them three times.

Delete k_003ebo_enter.ncs from your override

Now this is a game busting bug.

I did all main quests up until after the Ravager. After the Ravager, there was no option to go to Malachor V and, when I returned to other places, some areas had reset, i.e. functioned as if it was the first time I went there.

(So yeah, both are caused by using incompatible mods)

Mira; Removed influence gain from E267, because you could gain it for being an ass, and get 4 inf-gains in a row for being nice (which is now 3 thus)

Hey, I just wanted to check on this:

With the aforementioned change in 1.8 there is now essentially no way of "jedifying" Mira "in one dialogue on Nar Shaddaa" as it was possible before, am I right? I can get her INF to 90 but the last "You are restless" dialogue wont let me any further.

Frankly, I did not notice any "ass-like behavior"... other than hitting a sensitive theme and apologizing for it. I mean, there are not so many INF+ opportunities for Mira, so this is a significant setback for those who utilize "jedified" Mira after Nar Shaddaa (especially those who go to Nar Shaddaa as to the last planet).

Is this intentional or am I simply doing something wrong in the conversation with her? Thx for info in advance!

Nope, still perfectly possible.

Problem was you got that +INF also even if not apologising but, well, being an asshat to her. Which doesn't make much sense.

"You suck"

-INF

"Explain dammit"

+INF

unsure.gif

That's no more...

Not quite sure what room you talk about. Can you get a screen of the room, adding red lines which explain the room in question?

It's not in override, it's in 003EBO.mod. However if one was in override, it would override mine, and things would go bad. Same for k_003ebo_enter.ncs.

I am pretty sure it is a file in your override that does this, considering the scene runs just fine for me.

And no, the game doesn't return to the EH at that point in vanilla. It only does so in TSLRCM, and runs the proper scene using our modified k_003ebo_enter.ncs. And yes, that means someone gets stuck if using an incompatible one from another mod, like the user below...

(So yeah, both are caused by using incompatible mods)

Any idea what files could be causing this?

Neither the .dlg file or the .ncs file are in my override.

Could I extract the files from 003EBO.mod and place them in the override. Maybe then what ever was causing the incompatibility would be overrided.

Yeah, those 2. Nothing else really is used during that scene. :/

Worth a try, even though I doubt it if something else makes them not run while in the .mod

Yeah, those 2. Nothing else really is used during that scene. :/

Worth a try, even though I doubt it if something else makes them not run while in the .mod

I was finally able to get it to work. The problem was because G0-T0 was not in my party because he glitched out. Someone helped me out with a quick fix to add him again. I'll make sure to update in case I get any other bugs.

Thanks.

EDIT: Nevermind. Adding G0-T0 seems to only unlock all the dialogue between him, Bao-Dur and Remote. Now that that is all over, loading/warping 003ebo still just takes me to the Hawk's cockpit where it briefly shows Atton standing facing the Exile but then fades/flashes back to where he is in the pilot's seat.

For the meantime, is there anyway for me to use the KSE save editor to make the game think that cutscene ran so I can at least get to Malachor? Or something along those lines?

Can't get you a screenshot since I completed Korriban without issue. But, thanks to Gamebanshee and a bit of work with Photoshop....

post-9292-0-90518900-1345324356_thumb.jpg

...I've provided a graphic which I hope helps explain things.

EDIT: Do check all three chambers however, since it is possible I have the wrong chamber in mind.

Nope, still perfectly possible.

Not exactly - and I just found out why:

There used to be ANOTHER INF+ boost after apologizing Mira and "Still, I'm sorry you lost your family at Malachor." option, making the INF gain double. Which is now gone.

Now in 1.8, there are only three regular INF+ boosts, thus making the jedifying Mira in a row IMPOSSIBLE. The "Why don't you kill your targets?" portion of dialogue now give only 24 INF+ in total instead of 32 as it was.

And so my original question was, if this is intentional - so now the player now have to take Mira with him to her INF opportunities (like on Dxun) and making the jedifying Mira somewhat longer process. And when taking Nar Shaddaa as the last planet it is next to impossible - I know this is the problem of several NPCs, not just Mira, but why adding her to the crowd?

There used to be ANOTHER INF+ boost after apologizing Mira and "Still, I'm sorry you lost your family at Malachor." option, making the INF gain double. Which is now gone.

Now in 1.8, there are only three regular INF+ boosts, thus making the jedifying Mira in a row IMPOSSIBLE. The "Why don't you kill your targets?" portion of dialogue now give only 24 INF+ in total instead of 32 as it was.

And so my original question was, if this is intentional - so now the player now have to take Mira with him to her INF opportunities (like on Dxun) and making the jedifying Mira somewhat longer process. And when taking Nar Shaddaa as the last planet it is next to impossible - I know this is the problem of several NPCs, not just Mira, but why adding her to the crowd?

I think I remember still being able to apologize in my recent playthrough. I was able to make her a Jedi without needing to leave Nar Shaddaa or anything.

Also, a small update on my problem. I was able to play through the rest of the game by warping to the Malachor surface. Still not sure why that one cutscene REFUSES to trigger though. I didn't find any bugs on Malachor. Though, I'll probably be editing the .utcs for the three Sith Lords some time soon because I didn't think they were quite tough enough for my current install of mods.

I think I remember still being able to apologize in my recent playthrough. I was able to make her a Jedi without needing to leave Nar Shaddaa or anything.

Really? This is really strange. Anyway, that was not about apologizing to Mira, but about double influence gain in the dialogue, which I obviously for some reason cannot trigger... I'm using only compatible mods:

TSLRCM 1.8

Music Improvement

Ambience Improvement

Canonical Exile

Canonical Mandalore

Shiny HKs

Vao Armband

Galaxy Map Fix

Coruscant Hi-Res Skybox

Darth Nihilus Animation Fix

Kinrath Egg Bash Crystal Drop

Remote Tells Influence

Kill the Ithorian

Peragus Tweak

It's still perfectly possible.

You're probably overlooking some INF points in different branches... there are some that are easy to miss. But it's still very much possible...

Gotta put in a little bit more effort... which isn't a bad thing!

Gotta put in a little bit more effort... which isn't a bad thing!

Riiight... I tried everything, every single branch and could not do it. I was starting to be desperate, when I tried one of my older saves BEFORE Nar Shaddaa. I essentially did whole Nar Shaddaa again aaaaand.... it actually WORKED now. :blink: The double INF gain in Apologizing branch is still gone, but I now could make another (and thankfully the last) INF boost in "You are restless" branch (that I couldn't do before) . :-)

Thanks for spurring me into investigation of this random bug, and at most times I'm very thorough player... :P Oh, well...

Here's a good one for you guys. I've loaded TSLRCM 1.8, along with HOTOR 1.6 and I have a major glitch going on. It plays thru just fine until I get to Nar Shaddaa and Mira enters the cantina, to meet with Visquis and gets to the door, when I try and open it, all she does is runs back and forth again and again! I can't seem to get the damn door open to continue with the quest/storyline. Any ideas as to what the problem might be????

Other Mods installed:

Bao-Dur wears Robes

Bao-Dur's Charged Armor

Droid Enhancement

Full Force Mod pack1_0

Jedi Temple Expansion

Coruscant - Jedi Temple

Movie_style_retextures_v7

Realistic Visual Effects

Tomb of Azgath (with 2.2 patch installed)

trayus rank reform

TSLGalaxyMapFix

Other Mods installed:

Bao-Dur wears Robes

Bao-Dur's Charged Armor

Odd combination....

Can't you just run through that door?

(It's a vanilla issue)

EDIT;

Just wondering, what's KOTOR 1.6?

Can't you just run through that door?

(It's a vanilla issue)

EDIT;

Just wondering, what's KOTOR 1.6?

Nope as it's the door to the VIP area. I just keep bouncing off it.

My bad. I meant to say Hotor 1.6 (Heroes of the Old Republic) oops. ;)

Also, I can't remember for sure, but aren't there suppose to be a cut scene with Visquis prior to entering the den? If so, I'm not getting it or any cut scenes after Mira knocks out the exile and steals the space suit

Hi there, I recently downloaded the RCM and am encountering hte following problems so far:

- Quite a lot of skipping dialogue, sometimes I don't know what people have said to me, sometimes I can read it at the top when I pick my answer

- All the dialogue was skipped in the first Visas/Nihilus clip

- No sound in most, if not all of the movie clips

Now I have just got up to leaving the polar cap region!

It doesnt detract from the game too much but it would be good to get a fix. Thanks for everything you do :)

Regarding the crash when clicking on load in the main menu.

I guess many people here use the widescreen patcher.

To "fix" this, go to the options-graphics-advanced menu and disable vsync. Be careful, you have to do this _every time_ you start Kotor2.

By doing that, I was able to load my save games properly from the main menu!

There are some lightsaber issues I'm quite nitpicky about.

1a) The most inconvenient one: g_w_lghtsbr07.uti, which is supposed to be the bronze lightsaber, correctly shows the bronze saber. HOWEVER. If you happen to wield a blue lightsaber and either you also wield a bronze saber or one of your teammates does, load your game or do a module transition. Your blue lightsaber's texture gets overwritten by the bronze one! The only fix for this is do put the bronze saber in your inventory and reload; the blue color is back!

I don't know a fix for that. However, I think it's maybe sth. in the g_w_lghtsbr07.uti or .tga .txi files. My guess, however, because afaik nothing else touches the sabers in this regard.

1b) g_w_lghtsbr08 is not fixed (changelog says: "* Orange and Bronze lightsaber color look different now."). While it's correct that they look different, the "orange" lightsaber actually still has the Heart of the Guardian texture, which is more orange-red instead of orange.

2) There's a bug regarding the cyan lightsabers: My link The description says everything: "It fixes the bug where the Cyan Lightsaber would stay activated after the loading screen."

3) There's a bug with the silver lightsabers: My link. See the screens for correct behaviour.

2) and 3) are easilly fixable by using the mods I provided. However, what about 1)? Would it be possible for you (the tslcrm creators) to fix that?

Kotor2Installation:

Kotor2

patch 1.a and 1.b

movie/music patches

tslrcm 1.8

widescreenpatcher

fix 2) and 3)

nothing else

EDIT: Bronze overwrites the blue laser when loading/transitioning! (Cyan does is also when you use the mod I linked above!)

I've taken a look at saber model files and there is indeed a problem with them.

w_lghtsbr_011, for example. If you open it in hex-editor, or decompile it with MDLOps, you'll see that aurora base in it is actually named w_lghtsbr_001. This may cause conflicts when one saber color overwrites another, like Fair Share described. Same thing with w_dblsbr_010 and w_shortsbr_010.

It can be easily fixed by hex-editing the models.

Edit: Hey! Thx for the answer!

Via hexplorer I'm making great progress! Now I don't have the bronze saber showing up when I'm using the blue one! :-)

Edit2: The Cyan one is a tricky one. Need to find the trick for it!

Edit3: The mod I linked above fixing the cyan bug caused my blue saber to be overwritten. I fixed that too by editing the .mdl file as I did with the bronze one.

-----------------

Bottom line: Only the bronze one for TSLRCM is will overwrite the blue one (Cyan overwriting the blue one is caused my the mod ^, but is fixable!). Using the method DeadMan described is essential for fixing this! Thanks again!

TSLCRM creators: If you want the updated w_lghtsbr_011.mdl included in a future patch, please send me a PM with your mail and I'll send it to you!