Hassat Hunter

Update on 1.8

That made my day. Hope to see it soon; big fan of the work you guys are doing.

Peragus Mining Shield Fix is wrong because they are made by the telosan indutry comapine or something or anogher. the peragus mining stashion is actally mind by a telosan group

I agree with bendarby24. Peragus Mining Shield is nonsense as the Peragus mining colony clearly receives supplies and equipment from Telos... so, no fix is required.

As for influence/XP fixes, I'm quite sure TSLRCM has its own fixes regarding this matter (or?).

TSL Galaxy Map Fix is the fix I would like to include too, because clearly the map layout in vanilla was designed like this out of practical reasons, not canonical.

Speaking about the galaxy map... Is there any chance we could travel to Malachor V manually even in TSLRCM? I know it is slated to appear in Malachor VI mod but this little bit could contribute to better gameplay experience (I clearly remember my first playthrough of the vanilla so many years ago, when some of my quest were unfinished and without warning I suddenly didn't have chance to opt out - it was really frustrating.).

Fingers crossed for 1.8!! :-)

I totally agree with Darth Paulus about the galaxy map and manual travelling to Malachor V. After all, we had to manually travel to the Unknown World and the Star Forge.

Peragus Mining Shield Fix

Ever since the dialog.tlk was included this has already been adjusted (by a simple .tlk tweak, no .uti needed).

Apparently... no one noticed.

Influence Bug Fix

Seems to fix HK to Evil... AFAIK only Kreia should have a fixed alignment.

Party XP Bug Fix

Gives the party the same XP as the PC. Again, not exactly what was intended... :/

TSL Galaxy Map Fix

As others also stated, it was made this way for convenience... which makes it intentional. I can understand the canon-people wanting a canon setup though, for them there is the mod.

As for influence/XP fixes, I'm quite sure TSLRCM has its own fixes regarding this matter (or?).

Nope.

Speaking about the galaxy map... Is there any chance we could travel to Malachor V manually even in TSLRCM?

No. That's the way the game works after Dantooine's meeting. It's also set up to erase data from NS/Dxun/Dantooine and Korriban upon the Telos battle. Altering the .2da that does that could work (never tested), though is it really needed?

Yes, you need to travel to the Unknown planet in KOTOR, but you also need to travel to the Jedi Masters on Dantooine in KOTOR2.

Regarding Influence, it is a bug but one that only happens if you cheat. Under ordinary circumstances the bug should never come into play. While I use the Influence Bug Fix due to cheating after legitimately completing the game I don't believe it should be included. However, at the same time I agree with House of Amon (the Bug Fix author) in that HK should start off and remain dark like he did in the original KotOR. To the best of my knowledge even without the Bug Fix installed it's not possible to turn HK light anyway.

even without the Bug Fix installed it's not possible to turn HK light anyway.

Yes it is. But since he has no Force Powers not much effect ingame.... and he still acts dark (as do all swappers, like DS Handmaiden)...

Yes it is. But since he has no Force Powers not much effect ingame.... and he still acts dark (as do all swappers, like DS Handmaiden)...

Doesn't DS Handmaiden have different dialogue when she meets Atris in combat?

Hi! It's so exciting to read up on all the progress you have been making! Speaking of which, could you incorporate Ecce's HK-47 Chassis, but so that he retains the original appearance until the PC repairs him? Although I just discovered the latter mod, I love how such visual enhancements contribute to the gritty realism of this series with a sense of continuity.

I searched and couldn't find any mention of it, so maybe I'm not using the right keywords or it hasn't been asked yet, but is there a fix for the "you must click on the portraits on the right to activate medical items outside of combat" system? I mean, can it be changed back to "whomever is selected will use the item on self, instantly"?

I'll have to check this...

could you incorporate Ecce's HK-47 Chassis

No. Well, we could, but I assume you can tell for yourself why we don't...

I searched and couldn't find any mention of it, so maybe I'm not using the right keywords or it hasn't been asked yet, but is there a fix for the "you must click on the portraits on the right to activate medical items outside of combat" system? I mean, can it be changed back to "whomever is selected will use the item on self, instantly"?

Why should being outside of combat suddenly disallow healing other members, just yourself?

No bug, totally intended, so even if it could be changed (I don't know) we certainly wouldn't add it.

No. Well, we could, but I assume you can tell for yourself why we don't...

It would drastically alter the look of a strong supporting character whose inventory of armor has no effect in this regard, yes. Well, since the author seems to permit it, could you expand that particular mod; for instance, to automatically rename the official files while installing the modified ones, with the deactivated HK aboard the Hawk becoming the former?

In addition, would it be possible to include either cjt0202's Carth's Eye-Searing Armor Fix and Admiral's Uniform or jinger's Admiralty Mod? I understand that the second one is incompatible, which is unfortunate, as his in-game uniform always looked like a temporary placeholder.

Why should being outside of combat suddenly disallow healing other members, just yourself?

No bug, totally intended, so even if it could be changed (I don't know) we certainly wouldn't add it.

I didn't say it was a bug, I said it was a poor choice for a new system. It was faster to be able to switch characters with TAB, then press the hotkey for the healing item for instant use. It's slower now and awkward to have to click on the healing item and then click on a portrait to use it.

It would drastically alter the look of a strong supporting character whose inventory of armor has no effect in this regard, yes. Well, since the author seems to permit it, could you expand that particular mod; for instance, to automatically rename the official files while installing the modified ones, with the deactivated HK aboard the Hawk becoming the former?

In addition, would it be possible to include either cjt0202's Carth's Eye-Searing Armor Fix and Admiral's Uniform or jinger's Admiralty Mod? I understand that the second one is incompatible, which is unfortunate, as his in-game uniform always looked like a temporary placeholder.

It certainly would be interesting(and make sense story wise), but then again, beyond what HH has already said about it, it would cause a simple problem. HK47's model only has one texture, and it is always going to use that singular texture. So, if the reskin in question was added, it would always use this one texture. Meaning, that even before you repair HK(as in, when he is still deactivated aboard the hawk), he'd have a silver/durasteel chest plate. It might be possible to make a a change that could allow this to make sense, but such a change isn't so fitting in a restoration mod.

I didn't say it was a bug, I said it was a poor choice for a new system. It was faster to be able to switch characters with TAB, then press the hotkey for the healing item for instant use. It's slower now and awkward to have to click on the healing item and then click on a portrait to use it.

While I do agree that it can be annoying, it technically gets rid of having to switch to your other party members to heal them, though adding the step of clicking your PC's portrait when they lack on health. That aside, using healing items in the inventory menu still works the same way, but it seems some regard that as cheating(though I can't see why, since the game was designed to allow that).

While I do agree that it can be annoying, it technically gets rid of having to switch to your other party members to heal them, though adding the step of clicking your PC's portrait when they lack on health. That aside, using healing items in the inventory menu still works the same way, but it seems some regard that as cheating(though I can't see why, since the game was designed to allow that).

People actually use those items outside of the pause screen? Weird...

It's useful to heal a (N)PC more than normally by using the treat injury/repair skill of another member, if their own is low (or non-existant). :/

It certainly would be interesting(and make sense story wise), but then again, beyond what HH has already said about it, it would cause a simple problem. HK47's model only has one texture, and it is always going to use that singular texture. So, if the reskin in question was added, it would always use this one texture. Meaning, that even before you repair HK(as in, when he is still deactivated aboard the hawk), he'd have a silver/durasteel chest plate. It might be possible to make a a change that could allow this to make sense, but such a change isn't so fitting in a restoration mod.

I love Ecce's HK reskin! I agree with HH that it shouldn't be included though.

I suppose the line has to be drawn somewhere, then, if the aim is to preserve the idiosyncrasies of the source material. Still, one can say that the designers should have had more time to reflect on their work, and that there's a possibility that the more subtle nuances of the game were intended to be added eventually.

*Just checked*

Nope...

Well, as was expected it's good that I do a test-run before 1.8 is released in the wild.

Found several things missing already, suddenly got a french line in there as well (playing english). Game hasn't been broken yet though...

The Random Loot Generator is going funky on me. No robes till almost the end, then I got a Jedi Robe, one of those Jedi Armors and a proper armor in 3 sequetive containers. Also no armor or headgear for T3 until reaching the Ebon Hawk, unlike previous time. That's what it's random for, right?

Peragus unique setup for loot and the high level when you leave do screw you over concerning most low-level items though. Checked with KSE and most is already around lvl 6...

Aaaaaanyways, here's some statistical data about the Sith Boarding Party at the End of Peragus. Of course if you think you get no XP from the turret game or I am just messing with you feel free to ignore the data. I think the rest would find it interesting. Also the indoor Sith dropped no loot for me this time. Damn cheapskate Sith. Should just be bad luck though, they were pretty unlikely to drop anything in vanilla too.

XP Before; 29370

After gunning; 35445

After indoor; 34745

Well, the good news about the random loot is that we have all the scripts to compile, modify and change. Though it'll probably take forever.

Not *all* of them... some couldn't be de-compiled (about 5 in the whole game though, most in the Onderon Palace section)...