Sign in to follow this  
Hassat Hunter

VO Talent needed

Wheter male or female, it doesn't matter... genders are changed easy enough :P.

Want a tiny role in TSLRCM 1.8? There's a line for a human character on Telos, currently unvoiced. While it can be made an Alien, I assume many playing KOTOR1 would see that it's probably better with human VO. So, feel free to record it and send it in, either post here or per PM.

The line being;

"I've been waiting for my flight to Taris for five years.{sigh}"

Good luck!

"I've been waiting for my flight to Taris for five years.{sigh}"

Wasn't Taris destroyed completely in the first game? LOL

Guest Salk

Hassat Hunter,

Since you gave no specific indications as the tone, pitch and emotion, I improvised. Here you can download take1 (more resigned, depressed, lower pitched) and here you can download take2 (more surprised, angry, higher pitched).

Let me know if you wanted any different.

My mic is crap and I hope you'll get something better than this, but just for fun, here goes.

Indeed it is. Also a bit too confident for someone waiting five years :).

Since you gave no specific indications as the tone, pitch and emotion, I improvised. Here you can download take1 (more resigned, depressed, lower pitched) and here you can download take2 (more surprised, angry, higher pitched).

The first take is how I want it, yes. But it's a bit too soft. Can you make it a bit louder, but still resigned?

Guest Salk
The first take is how I want it, yes. But it's a bit too soft. Can you make it a bit louder, but still resigned?

Okay. I have two more takes along that line, being a bit different: take3 and take4.

Tell me if you like any of the two or if you have more suggestions. It's not really easy to produce a good VO without knowing the context. Not to mention that I am not that good to start with.

• Like 1

Take3 is great!

But TSLRCM isn't done yet, so I wait if anyone else shows up too.

And there isn't much context. It's just a single line from a (new) wandering NPC at the Telos Docks.

But I figure he shouldn't be too cheerful for his long wait.

Guest MDarkbladeM

Saw this thread a bit late and registered to the Deadly Stream for this reason only.

Here are my takes on the sample line you provided at the first post. I have a Finnish accent but I tried to hide it as well as I could.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30632998/Taris_VO-MDarkbladeM.zip

Hopefully you find some use for my voice. :)

Guest Zhaboka

I'll do one really soon, I promise!

Guest Joshua_Knight36

even though it's a little late i thought i would send mine to

my mic is old so it might be a little low

Taris Line.zip

• Like 1

Ha ha, loves the sigh!

Got around to listening to the new lines. Sorry it took so long.

Saw this thread a bit late and registered to the Deadly Stream for this reason only.

Here are my takes on the sample line you provided at the first post. I have a Finnish accent but I tried to hide it as well as I could.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30632998/Taris_VO-MDarkbladeM.zip

Hopefully you find some use for my voice. :)

Gotta say, that's some awesome VO-work. The only downside is that you talk...so... slow. All the other performances take about 5 seconds, yours are around the 10.

Though maybe it's just me bothering about it. I'll put it forth to Stoney and Zbyl :).

Yup. You actually sound like a random KOTOR peasant (not sure if that's a compliment or not 0_o), so it would fit in nicely. But that quality...

I know I'm a bit lame and my mic sucks, but I recorded this just for fun.

Nope. They are quite good. Still prefer Salk's performance, but well, I am not the only one on the team.

At worst, we could actually make seperate VO packs for this, unlike Kaevee :P.

Gotta say, that's some awesome VO-work. The only downside is that you talk...so... slow. All the other performances take about 5 seconds, yours are around the 10.

Though maybe it's just me bothering about it. I'll put it forth to Stoney and Zbyl :).

Hey, 5 years is long. Time enough to get old and slow speaking :D

Guest MDarkbladeM

Though maybe it's just me bothering about it. I'll put it forth to Stoney and Zbyl :)l

Yeah, I thought after waiting five years for a shuttle the guy must be extremely tired, bored and lost his hope. So talking... slow ... to a passing bystander is the only way of portraying the character because he simply doesn't care anymore. :)

• Like 1

Damn, you actually manage to get the *sigh* just right! It does seem genuine. I know it is a strange question to ask, but uh, what age weight and height are you? (That would indicate what your vocal assets look like...)

Hahaha, I'm 17, tall, and I suppose you could consider me "skinny." I'm blessed with a deep voice from my mother's side of the family (she's a tenor, haha). I sing 2nd bass in choir.

Hi All,

I'm a little late to the party, but thought I could lend a hand. I usually direct films, and have a few actors and a Pro Tools studio. We heard some of the VO and found that it didn't match well with other portions of the game and wanted to see if you wanted help recording dialog (dx)? Let me know if you would like to see some of my work in film.

Cheers,

Dore

Sure... alternative dialogue for Kaevee is welcome. Though you have to realise we can't really pay... so for that reason we aren't using professional voice-actors.

Sure... alternative dialogue for Kaevee is welcome. Though you have to realise we can't really pay... so for that reason we aren't using professional voice-actors.

I understand the circumstances on payment for voice-actors. I know actors & actresses who are always looking for projects for to build their reel. Let me know what your process is and we can get a little more in depth. As well as I've gone through 1.7 I've found some of the vo to be good. Regardless let me know how we can talk further about dialog lines, formats, placement in the game etc.

Cheers,

Dore

This was my thesis film project if you want to see what I've done in the past. This has some VO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzbZ9JGTqYA

Hahaha, I'm 17, tall, and I suppose you could consider me "skinny." I'm blessed with a deep voice from my mother's side of the family (she's a tenor, haha). I sing 2nd bass in choir.

Oh, well that explains alot...maybe not the 17 part. Thought you were 20 something.