Sign in to follow this  
Hassat Hunter

VO Talent needed

I understand the circumstances on payment for voice-actors. I know actors & actresses who are always looking for projects for to build their reel. Let me know what your process is and we can get a little more in depth. As well as I've gone through 1.7 I've found some of the vo to be good. Regardless let me know how we can talk further about dialog lines, formats, placement in the game etc.

Cheers,

Dore

This was my thesis film project if you want to see what I've done in the past. This has some VO.

THIS ^

Being a pretty unprofessional group of modders (shouldn't say unprofessional.. maybe amateur?), it's not often we have people stopping by with decent resources - and especially with Voice overs, this is very rare.

I'm quite positive we could use a Kaevee rehash at least, but the real biggy is the M478EP - I know a lot of Voice overs are needed for that.

Yup, the only thing in 1.7 we voiced is Kaevee... so for "As well as I've gone through 1.7 I've found some of the vo to be good." you can blame it on Obsidian 0_0

So, there's just that. The voicelines should be playable with standard windows media player and can be heard in the folder StreamVoice/610/Kaevee.

Yup, the only thing in 1.7 we voiced is Kaevee... so for "As well as I've gone through 1.7 I've found some of the vo to be good." you can blame it on Obsidian 0_0

So, there's just that. The voicelines should be playable with standard windows media player and can be heard in the folder StreamVoice/610/Kaevee.

Okay, I think a basic wav file will do to start with but I'll do some digging around to find out the current format being used. That said can you send me any dialog lines and basic descriptions of the characters? I would love to start prepping actors ASAP. I've mentioned the idea to a few and they were familiar with KOTOR and excited about participating. Just an FYI I can be emailed at <snip>.

Cheers,

Dore

Edit from Sith Holocron: I've removed the e-mail address from here so you don't get spammed. No fear though. dore - I've copied the whole post unedited and I've e-mailed to the folks in charge of TSLRCM 1.8 (and coincidentally, the M4-78 Enhancement Project as well) so you can continue your conversation away from prying eyes. ;)

It doesn't matter which format it's recorded in, but for the record, VOs generally work as .mp3 files when put into the game. For whatever reason, the files are encoded as mp3s, but saved with a .wav extension. You don't need to make the extension .wav to get new VOs to work.

Actually, come to think of it, other than Kaevee, we could use some efforts to voice a Lt. Yima, Nebelish/Dustil, possibly Dessicus.... I'm sure there are a few others too.

Actually, come to think of it, other than Kaevee, we could use some efforts to voice a Lt. Yima, Nebelish/Dustil, possibly Dessicus.... I'm sure there are a few others too.

Dessicus is part of the whole GenoHaradan thing though. His lines shouldn't be part of the TSLRCM, right? If they're interested in redoing Dessicus, I can put them in touch with Exile007 over at LucasForums.

Thus the keyword 'possibly'. I know in various incarnations of the Geno mod, it's been considered revoicing Dessicus.

For all we know, Exile007 has considered it too. Here's a quote from his LF thread:

I'm still working on this. I feel like I owe it to anyone who is interested to say that I've decided to change the quest from something mandatory to something the player has an option to complete or not. This was done for a few reasons:

- Compatibility with the restoration mod

- Gives me a chance to make the quest more grand and original

- Makes it easier for me to deal with various scripts and dialogues that occur once the player sets off the chain events from the meeting with Visquis to the end of Nar Shaddaa

(Emphasis mine)

If he's expanding what's in the pre-existing cut-content, anything is possible - as VP already noted. However as this is a TSLRCM subforum, the GenoHaradan mod should be discussed at the new GenoHaradan thread over here at Deadly Stream!