About This File
This modding toolset is a work in progress and I carry no responsibility to any damage done to your game files or lost work that may occur. Some antiviruses will flag a false positive and prevent you from opening the application. If this happens you will need to configure your antivirus to allow the program to run.
Holocron Toolset is a collection of modding tools packaged in a single application aimed at streamlining modding development for KotOR/TSL, drawing inspiration from Kotor Tool and the NWN Aurora Toolset. There are editors available for nearly every file type used by the game. Also included with it is a 3D module editor and a "Map Builder" which the user can use to create new maps by rearranging existing models already used in the game.
Discord for suggestions + bug reports: https://discord.com/invite/3ME278a9tQ
If you are running Windows 7 or 8 and get a missing DLL error when opening the program you will need to download the Visual C++ Redist from Microsoft.
What's New in Version 2.0.8 See changelog
- Controls can now be customized through the Settings window.
- A 2D view similar to the one used in the GIT Editor has been added.
- New freecam mode which gives the user an alternative way of navigating through the module. Default key for toggling it is 'F' while the mouse is over the 3D view.
- Options have been added to the top tool bar to toggle: locking positions of objects, backface culling, and lightmaps.
- A 3D cursor which follows where the mouse is pointing to in the module.
- Moving an object now follows the 3D cursor rather than just moving relative to the amount the mouse has moved. Same applies for adding new objects.
- Cameras in the object list are now labeled with the ID.
- Cameras are now rendered with their height and pitch properties.
- You can now edit object properties manually through the same dialog windows used by the GIT Editor.
- Opening a module will create a corresponding MOD file if it does not already exist.
- You can now create a duplicate of the selected object at the 3d cursor by using ALT left click.
- Objects in the instance list that do not have a correspoding resource file are italicized.
- Objects in the instance list are now sorted alphabetically.
- Added options to snap the selected camera to the viewport and vice versa.
- Adding a waypoint/trigger into the module will have their GIT name/tag match the one found within their resource file.
- Fixed resource file not auto selecting after selecting the corresponding object.
- Fixed filter textbox having no affect in the Open Module dialog.
- Fixed cameras not rotating correctly.
- Fixed creating a new resource window not saving anything when targeting MOD files.
- Fixed the user being able to select objects even if they are not currently being rendered.
- Fixed dirt material colour sharing the same value as the undefined material colour.
- Fixed camera rotations not working correctly.
- Fixed "Edit Resource" sometimes opening the wrong file.
- New nodes will now have a default delay of -1 instead of 0.
- Camera angle is now a dropdown menu. In addition to this, assigning a Camera ID to a node will automatically set the camera angle to "Static Camera".
- There is now a preview of the icon that will be used ingame for the item.