About This File
Compatability Note: If you're using TSLRCM, Extended Enclave, or M4-78 EP mods, please install the optional Patch file matching your resolution after installing those other mods.
The cutscenes were upscaled using Topaz Gigapixel AI, and interpolated to 60fps using SVP Pro 4. Black bars are used to maintain the aspect ratio of the content while bringing the videos to 16:9 overall.
- Make a backup of your "Movies" folder, which is in your main game directory.
- Download the main pack(s) that matches the resolution you play at. 1440p and 2160p are each broken into three packs.
- If using TSLRCM, download the matching Patch file as well.
- Extract/unzip the pack(s) you downloaded.
- Replace everything in your Movies folder with the extracted files. Do not place them in your Override folder.
If you're using Aspyr's (Steam) version of the game, these should work "out of the box" without any tinkering.
If you're using a different version, you can use UniWS to patch your game to the correct resolution. If this doesn't work on your version for whatever reason, you may need to use a hex editor to change some values in your game executable to get them to play correctly. Please refer to the following guide on how to do this, skipping the parts about upscaling the cutscenes: https://deadlystream.com/topic/4631-how-to-force-kotor-i-iis-bik-movies-to-play-in-any-resolution/
NOTE: Many cutscenes in KotOR 2 are in-engine recordings. These have be re-recorded at 4k60 rather than upscaled.
What's New in Version 1.0.0 See changelog
Fixed some missing files. Added TSLRCM compatibility patch.