#81 UnusualCharacters

UnusualCharacters

Jedi Initiate

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 03 January 2018 - 07:40 PM

TLJ is a total mess. I thought it was a joke as I walked out of the theater. Completely baffled as to how it is so well-received critically. Luke reminds me a lot of TOR's bastardization and total mishandling of Revan.

If you like it, man, I wish I was you!

5/10, second worst next to AotC imo

Feel free to contact me at ryanstewartvo@gmail.com for voiceover-related inquiries.

#82 Roth9

Roth9

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 09:44 PM

I am just curious about one thing: What movie was worse the force awakens or the last jedi.

#83 Hassat Hunter

Hassat Hunter

TSLRCM / M4-78EP Developer

• Administrators
  • 4,583 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 12:06 AM

I would probably say TFA. All of it's questions being wasted didn't do it much good in retrospect, and it wasn't all that great in the first place, just as leadup. Since it failed at that, it falls flat.
On the other hand TLJ ruined my interest in future Star Wars movies, something TFA obviously didn't do, and fortunately, since Rogue One was pretty good, unlike the numbered ones.

#84 milestails

milestails

Fulfiller of Mod Requests

• Moderators
  • 1,048 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, California

Posted 05 January 2018 - 10:08 AM

Saw the film in China today. Was not impressed. English language with Chinese subtitles and little captions telling the audience who the characters are.

I recommend watching that review video that HH posted earlier - it pretty much echoes all my sentiments.

Some random thoughts:

Now I love Disney, don't get me wrong; however, the completing others' sentences stuff between Rose and Finn was just abysmal and straight out of any recent Disney film in the past 10 or so years.

All the "What is Snoke's true identity" videos made over the past couple of years were for nothing. His outfit and eyebrows for that matter reminded me of Goldmember.

The scene where Luke squeezed the teet of the creature to get the milk was pretty raunchy.

Laura Dern - Dr. Sattler from Jurassic Park was the first thing I thought when she appeared on-screen.

I might add to this later.

Overall, I just felt repelled by the film. Rogue One is definitely the best of the new films to have been released thus far. TLJ is definitely the worst. I don't know what they can do about Episode IX. I really don't.

Looking for a mod but can't find it? Ask over at the Mod Requests thread.

#85 Kreia

Kreia

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 05:58 PM

Found this in the youtube suggestions, he makes a lot of the same points we've been discussing, and he also mentions something about TLJ failing the "little kid test" which I thought was funny, and more about the movie not even having any consistency with its own logic.

#86 Hassat Hunter

Hassat Hunter

TSLRCM / M4-78EP Developer

• Administrators
  • 4,583 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 01:00 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users