schuberth

Bolook quest still broken?

First of all, thank you for the K1R. I'm playing through KOTOR for the first time and wanted a full experience so a started with K1R applied. But I do have a small problem.

I seem to be stuck in the Boloom quest (Murdered Settler quest) on Dantooine. I can pass the first round of questions, I find out that Rickard was lying, but after that, when I should be exploring the motive, I don't get any new options when speaking to Rickard. I did get a dialouge line with Handon, but only the first time I spoke to him in the second round. And there are no dialogue options with Boloon, he states that I should explore if the men knew each other. Because of that I cannot abort the quest.

Any tips or values that I could poke in the save file?

Keep doing what you're doing, you should eventually unravel the mystery of this overrated quest, however i would like to point out it may be a glitch in the case that it is a glitch contact fair strides. If all else fails just reload a previous save and deny your help to the twilek jedi master.

Hmm, the way it is supposed to go is that once you ask Rickard and Handon about if they knew Calder, there should new dialogue options with the protocol droid. If new options for the droid aren't showing up after that, then you've very likely run into a glitch.

Thank you all for the suggestions!

Problem (kind of) solved! I've got a heap of mods installed and after backing up my Override directory, re-installing K1R, starting from an older save, I managed to finish the quest.

Thank you all for the suggestions!

Problem (kind of) solved! I've got a heap of mods installed and after backing up my Override directory, re-installing K1R, starting from an older save, I managed to finish the quest.

You should always mention it if you have other mods installed. Preferably which ones as well.

I ran into this issue, and I have tracked this back to Rece's Lightsaber Crystals addon 2.0 (aka Rece's K1 Lightsaber Mod (UPDATED+ADDON) 2.0).  I was using the mod's June 15, 2015 version that is 'current' as of now, with K1R 1.2, and the gog edition of K1.  If anyone encounters this issue, and you have the directory you used to install Rece's Lightsaber mod, do this:

• save a game just before talking to Bolook for the first time, quit K1
  • create a backup copy of the danm14ac.mod currently in the modules/ directory of your K1 directory
  • copy the danm14ac.mod from the backup/ directory in your 'K1 Lightsaber Crystals addon by Rece' directory into your game's modules/ directory. This is the backup that was created automatically by TSLPatcher when you installed the mod.
  • fire up K1, load your game, play through the quest, save your game, quit K1.
  • restore the backup copy of danm14ac.mod you made in step 2 back to your modules/ directory.

If you don't have the original directory you used to install Rece's lightsaber mod, I recommend just copying your save game into a clean K1R modded game to play through the quest, then copy back. You might also want to go that route if you have other mods which change danm14ac.mod significantly. I did not; in a game w/ 50+ mods installed.

If anyone has any reason to think I might be wrong about which mod is causing this ... please let me know.  I'm down to get a bit more scientific in terms of the set of mods I have installed and the testing and whatnot if actually required.  I'll wait about a week for comments and then leave a comment on the Rece's Lightsaber Mod download page so that people will have a heads-up.

• Like 1

I experienced the same issue as described by the author, but I followed the steps described above and managed a workaround. The only difference is that I am using a different lightsaber mod - KotOR Saber Replacement 2022. Fortunately, that mod also creates a backup of the danm14ac.mod file.

On 9/20/2023 at 2:28 PM, gua543 said:

I experienced the same issue as described by the author, but I followed the steps described above and managed a workaround. The only difference is that I am using a different lightsaber mod - KotOR Saber Replacement 2022. Fortunately, that mod also creates a backup of the danm14ac.mod file.

Found this same issue with KSR 2022. Interestingly, I don't remember this glitch last time I used it. I installed KSR early in my mod installation the first time and I later did it towards the end. Looks like you need to install it towards the beginning. Wonder if there's a peremanent fix for this that doesn't require copying and substituting files every time you get to this part of the game.

On 4/13/2024 at 4:23 PM, JasonRyder said:

Found this same issue with KSR 2022. Interestingly, I don't remember this glitch last time I used it. I installed KSR early in my mod installation the first time and I later did it towards the end. Looks like you need to install it towards the beginning. Wonder if there's a peremanent fix for this that doesn't require copying and substituting files every time you get to this part of the game.

It's always the murdered settler quest that gets broken. As far as I know it isn't a mod bug, it's a bug caused by an outdated/buggy version of TSLPatcher.

Specifically, it nukes files that use certain characters in their filenames when it repacks the MOD for the Grove module, meaning that k_pdan_state1-.ncs and k_pdan_state1+.ncs get deleted. These scripts are the starting conditionals that check the value of the DAN_BOLOOK_STATE global, without which the DLG won't function correctly.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, LordMerek said:

It's always the murdered settler quest that gets broken. As far as I know it isn't a mod bug, it's a bug caused by an outdated/buggy version of TSLPatcher.

So, could this be fixed by using HoloPatcher instead? 

7 hours ago, DarthParametric said:

Yes, replacing the exe with HoloPatcher will prevent the issue happening.

I haven't tried the HoloPatcher with everything yet, but I have tested it with some and during my testing I discovered not all mods install correctly with the latest version of the HoloPatcher and end up borking my install (Backwards compatibility my eyelids), but I'm positive the last thing you and the Wizard want is me making a long ass list of mods that don't work out the box with it, so for now I'll stick with the last Community Patch version of the TSLPatcher for certain mods :)