Sign in to follow this  
djh269

Has anyone ever noticed this before? Stacking Attributes with lightsaber crystals

Hey guys, 

I was making a fix to one of my mods and I've encountered an annoyance. If you install a crystal with an attribute property e.g. Intelligence +1 and a separate crystal that applies an intelligence attribute it doesn't stack, and the property is displayed separately. And the only bonus is from one of the crystals. I've tested it without a upgrade.2da file by placing properties into vanilla lightsaber uti's so it's not a row limit error just and ingame one: 

image.thumb.png.62a52745139dabd21e18aacc173bba3f.png

So frustrating!

• Thanks 1

Interesting find.

If I am not mistaken there is only one crystal in the vanilla game that gives an attribute boost (Dex +1) and it is Jenraux with the Mantle of the Force. I guess Bioware never addressed the issue of attributes not stacking correctly because they never needed to.

• Like 1

I tested it by adding attribute properties with a vanilla upgrade.2da file to a standard g_w_lghtsbr01.uti and the results were the same, so it seems it's unavoidable which is annoying. 

The only workaround I'm doing is to only have 1 lightsaber crystal apply an attribute bonus and replaced other stats to the attribute bonuses as that seems the only way. 

1 hour ago, djh269 said:

I tested it by adding attribute properties with a vanilla upgrade.2da file to a standard g_w_lghtsbr01.uti and the results were the same, so it seems it's unavoidable which is annoying. 

The only workaround I'm doing is to only have 1 lightsaber crystal apply an attribute bonus and replaced other stats to the attribute bonuses as that seems the only way. 

I do recall seeing this once when playing TSL and using upgrades with the same property.

In the second game, bonuses to the same attribute (Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Intelligence, Wisdom or Charisma) from items and their upgrades do not stack; only the highest value has any effect. This is most obvious with lightsaber power crystals, but it can also be seen with some armors and their upgrades.

This lack of stacking could be in the first game as well. For example, the Heavy Exoskeleton has Constitution: +1 and Strength: +2, and on the Upgrade Bench screen the description for Armor Reinforcement reads Special Properties: Attribute Bonus: Constitution, +3 and Attribute Bonus: Strength, +3. However, once upgraded the Heavy Exoskeleton has Constitution: +3 and Strength: +3, not Constitution: +4 and Strength: +5.

• Like 1