Sign in to follow this  
ttlan

Let’s have a Kotor 2 and 1.7 last run - Bugs and stuff recapitulation

The only bug I've been experiencing(at least on my last two play-throughs with 1.7), is the crash upon leaving the Korriban Academy. It seems to be random though, since it is possible to get through it. Has that been fixed?

Chances are this is just a "random crash" that TSL is prone to do. I've always had a crash in the Korriban caves just at the moment you try and cross the bridge and the Assassin's appear. For me it's happend with or without any mods installed. The actual game engine(graphics) has always been buggy,sometimes it helps to lower the graphics settings.

Guest staticjoe66

Staticjoe66, I counter your question to ttlan with this one: If you're not going to assist with possible corrections, why are you standing in the way?

As I have said on many occassions SH, I am not a modder and can speak only from my own experience in the game. First and foremost I play the game because I enjoy it--I'm not on some grandiose delusional quest to make the game "perfect" because no piece of code is ever perfect. Having spent a fair amount of time on forums such as this I know several things--I know the game had a very short dev cycle, only about 13 months. I know many of the models in KOTOR were reused in TSL. I know content was cut and bugs were not fixed because the game was rushed to store shelves. Because of the three previous points, I know there are going to be inconsistencies in the game I must be willing to live with if I play the game. So the question then becomes why do I play the game? I play the game because there are constantly new and updated mods to try as well the many different ways of configuring and equipping my Exile saying nothing of the various planets and encounters...again, I play the game because I enjoy it.

As far as my standing in the way of any possible corrections go, I'm not sure how you came up with that one--I couldn't stand in the way of anyone doing anything if I wanted to which I do not. Again I am no modder and have never claimed to be one--do I have the KSE, KOTOR tool and stoffe's editor? Yes. Do I know how to use them? Haven't a flippin clue so again how you arrived at my standing in the way of anything simply by asking TTLAN why he plays the game is a complete mystery to me.

If you want my assistance with something, what I can do I will

Chances are this is just a "random crash" that TSL is prone to do. I've always had a crash in the Korriban caves just at the moment you try and cross the bridge and the Assassin's appear. For me it's happend with or without any mods installed. The actual game engine(graphics) has always been buggy,sometimes it helps to lower the graphics settings.

It too happens to me at Korriban but no mod is responsible for it.

Just don't use it with 1.7 or 1.8...

Well, that's the plan now.

Guest jasper
(bunch of words)

Your post annoyed me to such ends that I actually went and registered for the sole reason of replying to this.

I do not know ttlan, nor have I ever spoken to him before, or otherwise had any form of contact with him. But I do lurk this forum and I look forward to more polished versions of TSLRCM, and the work ttlan does to help in this is huge. No matter that everyone bashes his ideas all the time, he still fights here to erradicate the bugs and his little nitpicks. No matter if TSLRCM will have the time to do it or not, he still tries to discuss it (you know, it's a discussion forum). I don't see you making these kinds of threads. In fact, I don't see you helping at all. Which is fine, but why you are bashing on people that are actually trying to help is, imo, both unacceptable and strange.

I can not believe how the forum moderators here can allow you to sling your obvious trolling around in this otherwise rather structured thread, trying to derail it.

You should be warned for this, and the posts you have made (and this post I am making) should be moved/deleted so this thread can serve it's original purpose.

Just had to get this off my chest.

Oh and, to ttlan, I think it's time someone said it: Thanks for all the time you are taking to try make TSL better.

Guest staticjoe66

So let me see if I have this right Jasper...you're upset because I asked TTLAN a very simple question based on his posts...is that what you're saying? I just want to make sure I fully understand your question.

Had you actually bothered to read what I have been saying, numerous times have I said I am no modder...so...if I'm no modder and haven't examined the game's files the way a modder would how can I intelligently offer any suggestions regarding problems in the game...?? Furthermore, if I am content to play the game knowing there will be random crashes, bugs and glitches inherent to the game itself--which is a reason to save often--as I have said I am also answering my own question of why I personally play the game we can then reasonably say I realize the efforts of the RESTORED CONTENT TEAM may not resolve all the inconsistencies of the original game...in other words, I do not and cannot expect Stoney Zybl, HH, VP, SH and the rest of the team to fix ALL OF THE ISSUES IN THE ORIGINAL GAME...I didn't realize for some this would be such a difficult concept to grasp...seemed pretty simple to me really...

I can not believe how the forum moderators here can allow you to sling your obvious trolling around in this otherwise rather structured thread, trying to derail it.

2 points to make here--first you obviously have no clue as to what "trolling" really is. Secondly I wasn't trying to derail anything nor was that my intent--again, all I did was ask TTLAN a very simple question based on his posts because I was genuinely curious as to why he plays the game...there was no more to it than that...

You should be warned for this, and the posts you have made (and this post I am making) should be moved/deleted so this thread can serve it's original purpose.

Your misguided emotions aside, on what are you basing this statement? Why should I have been warned and had my posts deleted? What did I say which would have warranted such action? Again all I did was ask a question pointing out many of TTLAN's issues with the game don't have anything to do with restoring the cut content? Again had you bothered to READ BEFORE COMMENTING you would have seen this--at NO point in time did I attack TTLAN personally. At NO time did I flame TTLAN. At NO time did I call TTLAN any names...I asked a question, I got some fluff response which I refused to accept then restated my question...if that's what you have a problem with Jasper then perusing internet boards and forums probably isn't a very good idea...

Well for the most part we're pretty open around here and will allow more than some forums do. As long as it is kept civil and no attacking or bashing other members (which hasn't happened ) or profanity :censored:

we allow anyone to voice their opinion.

I will add though that this thread is starting to get a little off topic with this part and would kindly request that it could move back on topic.

To get it back on topic I'll say this, remember originally TSLRCM was only going to restore cut content,we had no intentions at all of "fixing" stuff in the game. But Thanks to HH's persistance at testing and ability to fix stuff as well "a-lot" more has gotten done then was ever intended by any of us. So TSLRCM has evolved into more than just a content mod so obviously more input about bugs and such is not a bad thing.

Guest staticjoe66
But Thanks to HH's persistance at testing and ability to fix stuff as well "a-lot" more has gotten done then was ever intended by any of us.

TYVM for the clarification Stoney and agreed--HH definitely deserves big ups and major props for all the help and advice he has lended getting us past game crashes due to mods and suggesting other workarounds as does the entire team of TSLRCM modders and testers. I can set up a network top to bottom for 5000 users yet can't write a simple batch file. I've set up Cisco VOIP routers as gatekeepers, firewall, VPN, NAT and DHCP servers...yet couldn't code a simple mod to save my life which is why I respect what you and the others are doing and if I tried to help I would only get in your way and slow you down which is why I leave the modding and testing to those much more qualified than myself

TYVM for the clarification Stoney and agreed--HH definitely deserves big ups and major props for all the help and advice he has lended getting us past game crashes due to mods and suggesting other workarounds as does the entire team of TSLRCM modders and testers. I can set up a network top to bottom for 5000 users yet can't write a simple batch file. I've set up Cisco VOIP routers as gatekeepers, firewall, VPN, NAT and DHCP servers...yet couldn't code a simple mod to save my life which is why I respect what you and the others are doing and if I tried to help I would only get in your way and slow you down which is why I leave the modding and testing to those much more qualified than myself

To tell the truth if it wasn't for HH there probably wouldn't have been a version 1.7 or an upcoming 1.8 (there would have been some crash fixes) so he gets the major kudo's for pushing us forward. :P

Guest staticjoe66

To tell the truth if it wasn't for HH there probably wouldn't have been a version 1.7 or an upcoming 1.8 (there would have been some crash fixes) so he gets the major kudo's for pushing us forward. :P

I think I can live with that... ;)

Guest tpiom

*blushes* :blink:

Aaaw, you guys...

Now we love you even more! :)

But seriously, I want this mod's updates more than new games.

What about VP's generous contributions? :)

The three fixes that I did lol.

Seriously though, Hassat Hunter, I hear more from you than Stoney or Zbyl. They should just smack your name on the Author's list for 1.8.

Seriously though, Hassat Hunter, I hear more from you than Stoney or Zbyl.

I'm a PM-whore 0_0

It's usually just complaining about wanting fixes too, must be annoying... :P

• Like 1

It's usually just complaining about wanting fixes too, must be annoying... :P

Only the hard fixes :P ,like the Mandalore fight.

The TSF will now assault the thugs attacking the Sullustan if you decide to defend him.

Don't expect much help though, they usually die without doing a point of damage.

Guest Senka

Oh, guys, would you like to fix annoing bug when all stats go to 8 during level up?

I am hiking in the mountains, far from electricity, telephone, internet, computers and civilization ... ... But there is water!

I do not have the strength and the time to read everything that was written since my last visit.

Added points 43 to 72 at http://deadlystream.com/forum/topic/894-let%e2%80%99s-have-a-17-last-run-bugs-recapitulation/page__view__findpost__p__9348

TTLan

Edit

He does... so what's the issue?

It does it so bad. The end is not nice at all.

I do not know ttlan, nor have I ever spoken to him before, or otherwise had any form of contact with him. But I do lurk this forum and I look forward to more polished versions of TSLRCM, and the work ttlan does to help in this is huge. No matter that everyone bashes his ideas all the time, he still fights here to erradicate the bugs and his little nitpicks. No matter if TSLRCM will have the time to do it or not, he still tries to discuss it (you know, it is a discussion forum). I do not see you making these kinds of threads. In fact, I do not see you helping at all.

.../...

Oh and, to ttlan, I think it's time someone said it: Thanks for all the time you are taking to try make TSL better.

Thank you very much. It is doing me good to read this.

.../... So TSLRCM has evolved into more than just a content mod so obviously more input about bugs and such is not a bad thing.

Thank you, Stoney.

The TSF will now assault the thugs attacking the Sullustan if you decide to defend him.

Don't expect much help though, they usually die without doing a point of damage.

Noted. Even if they are not of great help, it will be better than to see them pass between the protagonists without noticing anything.

And the fact that they risk their lives allows to create a new challenge: protect them!

I suspect HH to take a lot of fun to work a lot :cool: .

Thank you.

Very well, lets try this again. Mass-quoting caused 3 posts last time (all gone :sad:) so I'll just use numbers this time. Keep the first post open in a different tab if you want to know what I am talking about :D.

41. Should be changed for 1.8 now.

43. The additional technical errors that this may introduce severly outweigh "fixing" this, even though I wouldn't classify it a bug myself at all.

44. Not happening. All 3 parts have their description. Can't see why it should be different in the French version, but Zbyl goes over that, I don't really know what happens with "translations"

45. That was because you could skip the first line. Changed to make the first always show up, and removed the second. Don't see an issue with "good luck"... what?

46. Do you have a save for me? It's probably easy to fix, but knowing Aurora, it can just as easily cause the convo to break (breaking the game in the process). Which hardly would be an improvement would you say. Many more instances are like this, though. Not really fixable in most cases since it uses an invisible third party to trigger, and thus the speak is defined as this party.

47. & 48. No, in vanilla it's a blank line that's voiced though. The pause instead is called a "bug-fix"... and was OE's intention (they just screwed up and added a voiced line)

49. & 59. Also see the "bugs in 1.7" thread. http://deadlystream.com/forum/topic/376-bugs-and-minor-inconveniences-with-tslrcm-17/page__view__findpost__p__10112

50. There are more instances of this (the Gammorean enforcers for instance, who should be gone actually by then! Not yet fixed) but really no VO. With the aliens something can be thought up (but that's not restoration) but for the humans it's otherwise silence. Would that be better?

51. The Mandalore issue on Dantooine probably made Stoney say "NOOOOOO" to this. Although maybe the experience with fixing it can make this possible. Ask him.

52. Nope, nothing at all.

53. Nope. And since that droid is voiced, making a good mod would be hard too.

56. & 57. Nothing that can be done here.

58. While the droid can be moved (although Zbyl, VP and Stoney are much better in coordinates than me, so ask them), making their location random is impossible.

61. What's wrong with having a sturdy container to hold the contents? ???

62. Not much to be done here.

63. OE forget to assign a value for "a_local_set"... fixed.

65. Nope

66. Never noticed it. The situation described never happens in the english version anyways. Where did you notice this?

67. Engine-issues. That's why OE didn't do it. And since we can't even modify that. Not to mention if OE even couldn't...

68. Looks like he has 2 wrists to me.

69. Already implented in 1.8

71. Ehm, computer starts on 0. And not automatically raises. Especially for a Guardian it's unlikely to be 8. Don't fix what ain't broke...

72. Already fixed for 1.8

73. You're looking at the original, TSLRCM's are in the override. But yeah, it still happens. There's also one for Kreia ("leave me here on this ship?") which can be triggered outside of the EH, which doesn't make much sense either. Haven't heard back from the other guys wheter we should make it unavailable till then though. Ask them... ;)

74. Looks fine to me.

75. Already done for 1.8. Though not how you imagine it.

See you tomorrow. I'm currently making a complete upload of my K2 website - many hours of waiting before I am able to add images or upload a save.

Edit :

Work in progress. Review points 1 to 25.

71. Ehm, computer starts on 0. And not automatically raises. Especially for a Guardian it's unlikely to be 8. Don't fix what ain't broke...

Ooops. My mistake. Confusion between characteristic and skills after several hours on it. Do not change the fact that the use of the administrative card is not favored at all.

TTLan

Well, you also use the ID to shut down the poison vents, so it's not like it has no use if you miss that option...