ZM90

Official K1R Progress Thread

Just wondering if, like TSLRCM, you guys will fix bugs... like the infinite LS exploit on Dantooine or on the DS one with the kid on the Hawk...

Of course. Besides there's no need for those bugs anyway considering how early you can reach the level cap in KotOR1.

There's also the infinite XP on Korriban.

I am pretty sure you're confusing the KOTORs.

Of course. Besides there's no need for those bugs anyway considering how early you can reach the level cap in KotOR1.

DS/LS mastery doesn't have anything to do with level or the level cap though... :unsure:

I am pretty sure you're confusing the KOTORs.

DS/LS mastery doesn't have anything to do with level or the level cap though... :unsure:

True, I think I skimmed through your post and assumed you were talking about xp due to the above poster talking about xp ^^;. Anyway yeah there's no need for that bug either. There's plenty of opportunities to get mastery for both light and dark without glitches.

Hey! (actually my first post as a new member here :))

First of all I wanna thank you all for this hard work you've been doing! :)

I have never played KOTOR 1 and I've just bought it on steam! My question is would you suggest me to wait for this mod to complete? :)

I really want a full KOTOR 1 experience!

I've already playedTSL with an (older) TSLRCM which was really great! And now I have both games now so my question being is should I wait for your mod or is the demo engough for a start?

I know its a kinda lame question but I really want to hear one of the creators opinions!

Thank you again!

It's not a lame question at all. :D

I'd say just go for a complete vanilla play through, no mods whatsoever. Just experience K1 the first time like BioWare intended.

Of course that's just my opinion, I'm sure others may have some different ideas.

It's not a lame question at all. :D

I'd say just go for a complete vanilla play through, no mods whatsoever. Just experience K1 the first time like BioWare intended.

Of course that's just my opinion, I'm sure others may have some different ideas.

Thank you! So you wouldnt reccomend any mods at all? No fix, nothing? (I mean fix or patch like mods)

I've read that K1 isnt as bad in this field as the K2!?

Cause using the TSLRCM really given a kick to K2 so thats why I was wondering...

There wasn't anythwrong with Knights 1. It had ample time to be completed. I think just going for a vanilla run through first and then after that going for a heavily modded run through would be a good way to go. Though I would recommend using K1's latest official patch. As far as I know the Update function you get from the menu should get the correct patch.

There wasn't anythwrong with Knights 1. It had ample time to be completed. I think just going for a vanilla run through first and then after that going for a heavily modded run through would be a good way to go. Though I would recommend using K1's latest official patch. As far as I know the Update function you get from the menu should get the correct patch.

Ok! I will do that then :cool: thank you very much!

I have it on steam so I presume its patched to the latest version...

Should be.. Don't have the Steam version myself, but, well, Steam's kind of known for this stuff, right?

Yep!

I've checked and yes it is updated to 1.03 already! And started a vanilla playtrough :hot:

I have 4 vanilla bugs for you should you progress so far as fixing them:

1.) The Bastila-Romance glitch. This mod explains it quite well.

2.) Canderous side quest. It's getting a bit weird while/after the encounter with Jagi. I think some variables are not correctly set because I do not get his last speech he gives you after he's settled with the Jagi-business. Maybe this site explains it a bit better.

3.) Juhani side quest. One has to be careful _when_ to trigger it, because afterwards this Xor guy doesn't appear or whatever. Look here for more details and especially look at post #7.

I quote: "In fact if you do it before the Leviathan, you can't trigger Ziagrom, the Twi'lek to tell you about getting "special items" from Mika Dorin, the Rodian. It's a bug in the game. So I wait until after the Leviathan to do Juhani's side quest."

4.) I don't really know, but the description of this armor called Light Exoskeleton mentions that it's power-assisting. Shouldn't it be possible as such to use Force Powers while wearing it?

Please keep up the good work!

1.) The Bastila-Romance glitch. This mod explains it quite well.

Yep, we'll work on fixing that. Probably will ask the author for usage of that mod...

2.) Canderous side quest. It's getting a bit weird while/after the encounter with Jagi. I think some variables are not correctly set because I do not get his last speech he gives you after he's settled with the Jagi-business. Maybe this site explains it a bit better.

I've noticed this recently as well... I'll add it to the pile.

3.) Juhani side quest. One has to be careful _ to trigger it, because afterwards this Xor guy doesn't appear or whatever. Look here for more details and especially look at post #7.

I quote: "In fact if you do it before the Leviathan, you can't trigger Ziagrom, the Twi'lek to tell you about getting "special items" from Mika Dorin, the Rodian. It's a bug in the game. So I wait until after the Leviathan to do Juhani's side quest."

Adding to the queue...

4.) I don't really know, but the description of this armor called Light Exoskeleton mentions that it's power-assisting. Shouldn't it be possible as such to use Force Powers while wearing it?

I'm not on my computer so I can't look at this right now but I believe that's referring to the strength bonus that the armor gives.

Please keep up the good work!

Thanks, and will do.

I also found a bug.

The movie where the Ebon Hawk escapes Taris doesn't show up in the Movies menu. On the list, the Destruction of Taris is followed by the Dantooine Arrival movie, so the escape scene is missing.

As for restoration, I found a mod that restores 3 movies that were cut from the game.

Good luck in the project!

As for restoration, I found a mod that restores 3 movies that were cut from the game.

Re-read the first post in this thread. Specifically, this part . . .

Restored BIK Movies - Zbyl (thanks again)

It's already included.

1.) The Bastila-Romance glitch.

I checked out the mod. First, the author gives permission to use the actual mod file. Second, if you have already modified the dialog file the author gives instructions to fix the bug.

2.) Canderous side quest. It's getting a bit weird while/after the encounter with Jagi. I think some variables are not correctly set because I do not get his last speech he gives you after he's settled with the Jagi-business.

I checked the scripts. Apparently you only get the conversation after the Leviathan.

3.) Juhani side quest. One has to be careful _when_ to trigger it, because afterwards this Xor guy doesn't appear or whatever.I quote: "In fact if you do it before the Leviathan, you can't trigger Ziagrom, the Twi'lek to tell you about getting "special items" from Mika Dorin, the Rodian. It's a bug in the game. So I wait until after the Leviathan to do Juhani's side quest."

Darth333 has a fix for Xor not appearing. Check this thread. As for Ziagrom I checked his dialog. There is no script that determines availability. Perhaps if you created one that takes into account Xor and the Leviathan.

Hi there,

I've been following the posts on the progress of this mod.

I'm curious to find out what was cut exactly from KOTOR

and where the team is exactly? Is there a list of what's done, what's being worked on and what has yet to be undertaken?

Hi there,

and where the team is exactly? Is there a list of what's done, what's being worked on and what has yet to be undertaken?

For what's done, try the first post...

Hi there,

What's being worked on, no. There is a list of what has been comleted (as pointed out by Fair Strides) but more than likely you won't ever see a complete list until the mod is released. As of right now progress has been going slow, due mainly to real life, but I hope to finish up a couple things by January 1st that I've been working on for a while.

WOO YAY. Still ridiculously excited for this mod. I'll try to tackle some of the VOs I owe you real soon, Fallen.

Hey. Found a minor bug in the original game.

When you find the Star Map on Kashyyyk, the map doesn't close up properly after the dialogue with Jolee. The holo image disappears, but the rest of the structure remains open. The ones on Tatooine and Korriban close up correctly but this one doesn't.

post-10175-0-76301600-1355418107_thumb.jpg

I checked the scripts. Apparently you only get the conversation after the Leviathan.

I wouldn't have written this as bug if it happened anywhere in the game. So I didn't get the dialogue before or after Leviathan.

Darth333 has a fix for Xor not appearing. Check this thread. As for Ziagrom I checked his dialog. There is no script that determines availability. Perhaps if you created one that takes into account Xor and the Leviathan.

Oh, good to know there's a bug fix! Still, Ziagrom not having his special shop is still bad :(

Guest R2-X2

Are you planning on restoring the cut-out modules? (like the extremely broken sarlacc cave/temple, the middle shadowlands, the Gammorean stronghold, the Czerka offices at Korriban)

There's also the infinite XP on Korriban.

In KotOR 1, there's basically infinte experience everywhere! :P

Are you planning on restoring the cut-out modules? (like the extremely broken sarlacc cave/temple, the middle shadowlands, the Gammorean stronghold, the Czerka offices at Korriban)

In KotOR 1, there's basically infinte experience everywhere! :P

The Temple yes, as well as the Czerka offices at Korriban. We are not exactly sure of the purpose of the cut shadowlands module however.

Guest R2-X2

The Temple yes, as well as the Czerka offices at Korriban. We are not exactly sure of the purpose of the cut shadowlands module however.

Really? That is just so amazing! Now I can't wait for K1R to be finished... Those two were my most important wishes to be restored, just named the shadowland module for the sake of completeness, I don't really care about them.

Really? That is just so amazing! Now I can't wait for K1R to be finished... Those two were my most important wishes to be restored, just named the shadowland module for the sake of completeness, I don't really care about them.

I already have the general outline for the Czerka HQ offices planned out and let's just say that your decisions with Czerka on the other planets are going to matter when it comes the Czerka HQ on Korriban.