Sign in to follow this  
zbyl2

M4-78 Official Progress Report #2

OK people, lets celebrate because Industrial Zone is now oficially DONE! Well, "done" maybe isn't the best word. Playable. Yes, "playable" is more like it - there are still things to tweak, and side-quests to add in the future.

I know, it's been a long time since last progress report. Way longer than it should have, to be honest. Progress been slow for numerous reason, lack of time being just one of them - but things should speed up now, hopefully. It will be worth the wait though, I promise!

k200032.jpg

Now, I've been talking about progress, and posting screenshots and such, but it recently occurred to me we haven't posted much info on what a mod is going to be about. Most of you know, but any newcomers might be confused.

So lets talk about some of the important things on the planet:

STORY

Story was always the strong point of KotOR games, and so we're trying to get story on M4-78 just as strong.

Now, as lot of you know already, basic premise is: go to mysterious droid's world called M4-78 and a find Jedi Master Lonna Vash.

Droids arrived on this world many years ago and begun to prepare this world for colonization, awaiting the arrival of their "colonists" - the Sith. However, shortly before Exile's arrival to the planet, whole colony is flooded with deadly radiation, killing off all - or at least, most of ;) - organics on the planet. Who released the radiation? Is Master Vash still alive? And why did a Jedi Master come to this planet in the first place? Well, you'll have to find out for yourselves when the mod comes out.

k200045.jpg

Another important thing is a choice. Do you like to talk your way trough problems, whenever possible? You can. Or would you prefer to kill everything on your way? Sure you can.

Which leads into another thing I always love in games...

CHOICES & CONSEQUENCES

Well, the so called C&C. That's probably the greatest things about Industrial Zone, and one of the reason it's taken so long to get it work - so many variables, it's easy to get lost in that stuff. There is a lot of dialogs, a lot of choices, and your choices will actually have impact on a planet. Droids will react differently to you depending on what you do, things will be different around the planet depending on options you choose.

For example, there's this droid you can intimidate into helping you. Did you kill every droid possible since you've arrived on planet? He sure will be scared. Did you help everyone you met? Won't be so easy to scare droids now.

k200033.jpg

It's just one of many examples on how droids will react differently to you depending on your choices. Replaying the planet twice won't be enough to see everything there is!

k200046.jpg

RE-SKINS

Enough about story, lets talk about characters skins. Well, there's not really much to talk about, other than fact you'll be seeing some new skins around. Not much of those done yet, but some we have are pretty good - especially those few done by Redrob :)

k200036.jpg

COMPATIBILITY

And another thing people like to ask about a lot - compatibility with other mods. I can say it surely will be 100% compatible with TSLRCM, and we'll of course try to make it compatible with as many other popular mods as possible.

k200030.jpg

If you asked about percentage, I'd say... 49% of main plot working in-game - doesn't count side-quests nor VOs. Yup, that's about half planet done, up until meeting with first Archon.

And I think that's about it for now. As I said, Industrial Zone is playable. I'll do some tweaking of the zone for the rest of week, then send stuff to Hassat and move onto the Environmental Zone myself. And once Hassat is done with dialog tweaking, we will probably start looking for voice actors - more info to come!

As always, feel free to ask any question, or just post anything at all just to keep us going! :)

Looking very, very nice. Love that blue rusted-looking droid.

Guest bendarby24

alosme :cool:

It's nice to know the percentage completed even if it's not an exact figure.

I'll be standing by - as Archons are often known to do.

Guest Crixler

Awesome!

I'm reeaally excited for this mod.

Guest Zhaboka

I just changed my pants about three times. Wow. Fantastic work, Zbyl. Truly amazing.

Guest HK-47

Disturbed Statement: Um... T.M.I.

Statement: Anyways, I'm liking it. A lot. The skin's are nice. I think I've seen Redrob's work before, can't remember where though. Looking forward to this when it's done.

Statement: Anyways, I'm liking it. A lot. The skins are nice. I think I've seen Redrob's work before, can't remember where though. Looking forward to this when it's done.

If you've been following Logan23's work on Revenge of Revan then you've seen RedRob41's work. He's the guy that made all the dfferent heads available for ROR amongst lots of examples of skinning in that mod. M4-78 EP is lucky to have his work in it!

Amazing Work !!!

Well laid out update, touching on all the main points concerning the mod.

Keep up the Great Work!!!!

Logan

Guest HK-47

If you've been following Logan23's work on Revenge of Revan then you've seen RedRob41's work. He's the guy that made all the dfferent heads available for ROR amongst lots of examples of skinning in that mod. M4-78 EP is lucky to have his work in it!

Statement: No. I haven't been following ROR much as I still have no usable copy of KotOR2. I think I've seen his stuff elsewhere I think. Either way, it is good to have him helping out with this.

SO excited that M4-78EP is compatible with TSLRCM! I was originally pondering the uninstallment of TSLRCM so that I could try the original M4-78 mod, but now that this is coming along, no need! :D Thanks to all the modders working on this project, you rock!

SO excited that M4-78EP is compatible with TSLRCM! I was originally pondering the uninstallment of TSLRCM so that I could try the original M4-78 mod, but now that this is coming along, no need! :D Thanks to all the modders working on this project, you rock!

You know, that's kind of the point of M4-78 :P Well, that and expanding on the cut content to get something that actually make more sense. I have not played M4-78 mod, but I think this mod is going to be more polished than either precedent version, either M4-78 or Droid planet...

You know, that's kind of the point of M4-78 :P Well, that and expanding on the cut content to get something that actually make more sense. I have not played M4-78 mod, but I think this mod is going to be more polished than either precedent version, either M4-78 or Droid planet...

I've seen the screenshots, they look amazing. I had always thought Master Vash should have played a more important role in the story, instead of being a corpse in the Sith Academy. Stupid LucasArts for rushing such an awesome game >:o

Guest hkmandalore47

That planet looks good. Is there any canon quests and stuff set for that planet?

I *think* the original content was not sufficient to make a coherent plot. That is why it had to be expanded and extrapolated.

that planet looks good. is there any canon quests and stuff set for that planet?

If by "canon" you mean things found in game files, then answer would be... kind of. Some main characters (Archons, Master Vash and another one) were all found in game files. Their dialog is also based on what was left in game files, although hugely expanded as there wasn't all that much lines for them in dialog.tlk. Plot is also loosely based on what was found in game (radiation quest, search for Master Vash, Environmental Zone locked down at first...).