Prince of Pomp

Merging .dlg files?

Is there a simple way to use DLGeditor to merge two versions of a .dlg file to create a "patched" version for compatibility, or do I have to do it manually?

• Like 1

Not that I know of, but you could open it with K-GFF editor and copy across the missing entries / structs, if you can easily locate which structs from which lists you need to copy across then it should be a little quicker. ( I would suggest collapsing everything in K-GFF and comparing them side by side slowly, then copying across the missing entries. )

Depending on what changes the two files contain it could also be possible to use TSLPatcher for that.

Use TSLPatcher to create an installer by comparing one of the two to the vanilla version, then run that installer to patch the other one. But that only works if they change things in different places or only add entries and don't change them.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kexikus said:

Depending on what changes the two files contain it could also be possible to use TSLPatcher for that.

Use TSLPatcher to create an installer by comparing one of the two to the vanilla version, then run that installer to patch the other one. But that only works if they change things in different places or only add entries and don't change them.

Do you or does anyone else think it would be possible ( I might try now you have mentioned this ) to use TSLPatcher in order to update DLG files from K1 to K2 format. ( it can be done manually with K-GFF editor or they can be remade manually )

All that needs doing is two entries need removing from the main section of every dlg file and a bunch of entries need adding to every struct in the lists, I have prepared a list / set of example files already that just contain what needs to be removed or added.

But I might then need to make a changes.ini for every last dialog file with all the new entries for every struct in the lists, I am still hopeful a friend of mine will work on a program to update the dlg files to K2 format or that somebody will figure out a quick way to do so.

This would be a lot of work either way, but I am looking for solutions.

TSLPatcher can't remove fields so no, that wouldn't be possible.

I also don't think it has any support for making indeterminate changes - it requires an explicit "add this to that" instruction for everything in changes.ini.

Either could be done of course, but not with TSLPatcher.

I'm gonna be brutally honest:

I am completely lost on how to use K-GFF to get this working. Can anyone point me towards a tutorial on how to do this, because, from my perspective, DLG editor seems to make more sense in this situation. Like, can anyone explain the benefits of using K-GFF over DLG Editor?