ebmar

[Query] Integrate Mask Model to Head Model

Greetings, fellow Jedi! Hope you all doing fine. :cheers:

In my current attempt I have successfully attached the MaskHook and GoogleHook to a head model and it works as intended in-game. But as I'm not properly adjust the position of the mask it looks way out of bounds from the head.

As I'm using a custom head here; I have been told that it's probably easier just to integrate the mask into the head model.

My query is:

• How to integrate the mask model to the head model?

The program that is available to me is gmax/KOTORmax, and I already know how to import models and some basic stuffs so- any advises could just skip to the attaching part and into the exporting process if one's don't mind it.

Many- many thanks for considering this.

May the Force be with you! :cheers:

Edited by ebmar

If your head is a player/party member head, you'll have to do a lot more work to integrate the mask into the model than just fixing the hook due to the way head textures and DS transitions work. Even if it's an NPC, fixing the hook is still probably more advisable.

If you already added the hook correctly via editing the ASCII, then all you need to do is load that ACII via KOTORMax and position the hook properly. Typically you'd want to import a mask model, make its OdysseyBase a child of the hook, select the Move tool, switch its co-ord system to Parent, then zero out its position. Now you can select the hook itself and manually move it into the right position, using the mask as a guide. I'd suggest using something like the Verpine Headband (I_Mask_011) rather than a full face mask. Once the hook is positioned, delete all the mask bits and then export the head model.  Or you could even just set the co-ord system back to World or View and copy the XYZ values of the hook into your original ASCII.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DarthParametric said:

Even if it's an NPC, fixing the hook is still probably more advisable.

Thanks for the advice! One other reason I thought It'd be better to integrate the mask to the model was because when reloading the area, the mask are often [if not always] didn't shown on the NPC's head. I have checked all necessary feats [Armor Pro: Light, Medium, Heavy] but they still disappeared after saving and loading the game. The only time it shown properly was when the very first time the UTC of the particular NPC was loaded. But still I'm so thankful for the advice, at least there is a progress that I could potentially made.

If you already added the hook correctly via editing the ASCII, then all you need to do is load that ACII via KOTORMax and position the hook properly. Typically you'd want to import a mask model, make its OdysseyBase a child of the hook, select the Move tool, switch its co-ord system to Parent, then zero out its position. Now you can select the hook itself and manually move it into the right position, using the mask as a guide. I'd suggest using something like the Verpine Headband (I_Mask_011) rather than a full face mask. Once the hook is positioned, delete all the mask bits and then export the head model.  Or you could even just set the co-ord system back to World or View and copy the XYZ values of the hook into your original ASCII.

Thank you for the details; I'll try 'em right away! :cheers:

Update: Yes! It works, @DarthParametric! I do it in not a very legitimate way actually; I can't seem to make the mask's OdysseyBase as a child of the hook- but I manage to drag down the MaskHook and GoogleHook's boxes to a position where they should be. Again, thank you for the insight!

Edited by ebmar
The attempt to repositioned the hook's coordinate went a success