JCarter426

MOD:JC's Korriban: Back in Black for K1

JC's Korriban: Back in Black for K1

Summary

Almost everybody on Korriban wears the standard bland Sith officer uniform. This mod alters the look of almost everybody on the planet so they're dressed more appropriately. Czerka workers wear Czerka uniforms, Sith troopers wear Sith armor, Dark Jedi wear Dark Jedi robes.

While I was going through all the files I noticed some other oddities and corrected them – things like missing items or misplaced files. See the change log for a full list of changes.

Installation

Note: It is recommended that you uninstall any previous versions of this mod before installing a new version.

1. Extract files from the downloaded archive.
  2. Run Korriban_Back_in_Black_K1.exe.
  3. Select which version to install.
    If you have the KOTOR Community Patch installed, choose the KOTOR Community Patch-Compatible Installation option. Otherwise, choose the Basic Installation option.
  4. Click "Install Mod" and select your game directory (default name SWKOTOR).
  5. There are additional options for Uthar, Yuthura, and Tariga that you may install after the rest of the mod is installed.

Uninstallation

1. Remove the installed files or replace from backups if necessary.

Compatibility

This mod may be compatible with but will overwrite other mods that alter the appearance or equipment of characters on Korriban. It's safest not to use it with any other mod that alters the same characters.

Some of the changes will take effect immediately, but for best results you should install this mod before visiting Korriban for the first time in your game.

Credits

KOTOR Tool – Fred Tetra
TSLPatcher – stoffe, with updates by Fair Strides
DeNCS – JdNoa & Dashus
ERFEdit – stoffe, with updates by Fair Strides
K-GFF – tk102
NWNSSCOMP – Torlack, stoffe, & tk102

Permissions

I hereby grant nobody except myself permission to upload some or all of this mod anywhere for any reason. For any reason.

If you would like to include any part of this mod in anything, then please contact me for permission.

Disclaimers

OBSIDIAN IS THE NEW BLACK. DON'T WEAR BIOWARE AFTER LABOR DAY.

Donations

If you enjoy my mods and would like to show your support in a monetary manner, you may do so via PayPal with this donation link.

For various legal and ethical reasons, this is entirely optional and is not a requirement to downloading or using any of my mods. I also do not create specific mods for hire.

I make mods as a hobby and will most likely do so regardless of any donations or lack thereof, but modding does take up a lot of my time and every bit helps.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    06/29/2018
  • Category
  • K1R Compatible
    No

Nice! I was going to do this myself as well, but I didn't get very far due to some IRL stuff. :D

The only thing I might change (or have it as an option), is having Uthar wear the Sith Apprentice/Bandon armor.

This mod's a much needed change, I find. Thanks again, JC!

13 hours ago, L0ki194 said:

No problem. :)

13 hours ago, L0ki194 said:

The only thing I might change (or have it as an option), is having Uthar wear the Sith Apprentice/Bandon armor.

I thought about that, but decided to go with regular robes for the initial release. It didn't feel right for him to look exactly like Bandon or the generic armor-wearing Sith so I'll have to think about what he would wear.

Might I ask: What actual robes do the Sith NPCs wear? Do they wear Dark Jedi Robes, Dark Jedi Knight Robes or Dark Jedi Master robes? The reason why I ask is because, even though in vanilla you can't tell the difference, in my N-DReW's Dark Jedi Robe mod the Dark Jedi Knight and Master robes are unique and the Dark Jedi Robes (Which aren't available in vanilla) use the normal Dark Jedi Knight and Master robe texture. It would be cool to see the Sith Apprentices like Mekel and Lashowe wear Dark Jedi Robes, have Sith teachers wear Dark Jedi Knight Robes and have Uthar and Yuthura wear Sith Master robes.

15 hours ago, L0ki194 said:

Nice! I was going to do this myself as well, but I didn't get very far due to some IRL stuff. :D

Try installing this on top of this

1 hour ago, N-DReW25 said:

Might I ask: What actual robes do the Sith NPCs wear? Do they wear Dark Jedi Robes, Dark Jedi Knight Robes or Dark Jedi Master robes?

With one exception, all the others wear Dark Jedi Robes. The reason for this is that in the original game nearly all of them were wearing either basic clothing or nothing, which adds nothing to their defense scores. Robe items add a minimum of +4 to defense, and my intent for the changes was aesthetic, not mechanical, so I minimized the change by giving them the weakest robes.

The Jorak Uln is the exception because he was already wearing blue Dark Jedi Master Robes. I've changed them to black for the mod, but left them as master tier.

Yuthura and Uthar have unique textures for their uniforms, so I think that those should probably be kept (although they are applied inconsistently and change when they move between zones). I really like most of the other changes though.

On 7/3/2018 at 12:06 AM, darthbdaman said:

Yuthura and Uthar have unique textures for their uniforms, so I think that those should probably be kept (although they are applied inconsistently and change when they move between zones).

I suppose you're right. They're the ones that bother me the most - I don't care for them in officer uniforms because they're supposed to be Dark Jedi. But they do have their own versions of the officer uniforms... well, they're not specific to Uthar or Yuthura exactly but I don't believe they're used for anyone else, so you could see it as the Dark Jedi version of the uniform. If you don't want the mod to affect Uthar or Yuthura, you can simply delete all the .utc files associated with them, but I think I'll include an option in the next version that will keep their custom uniforms and also make their uniforms consistent in every area. The uniform thing would probably bother me less if Uthar wasn't wearing the same thing as Lashowe or Varko or random guy who gets saluted on the Leviathan. Or the Czerka officers on Korriban. Or basically everyone on Korriban, as previously established.

Do note though that if the robes are reverted to uniforms, they'll also lose the +4 defense bonus. Of course, they don't have that bonus in the original game and it's only restoring things to the way they were, but I just want to point out that is a thing that will change.

EDIT: Just want to point out that I was going by my (bad) memory before and the Jedi Robe item only adds a +1 bonus to defense. I'm not sure why I thought all robes had a minimum +4 because it's 0 in baseitems.2da for both games....

It seems in K1 the bonus is +1 / +2 / +3 for Jedi / Knight / Master robes. K2 has a similar but more complicated setup.