For the arms and the base? Personally I'd just start from scratch. Bioware's meshes are typically not worth saving. They can be useful templates to model around/over though, depending on your preferred method of modelling.

17 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

For the arms and the base? Personally I'd just start from scratch. Bioware's meshes are typically not worth saving. They can be useful templates to model around/over though, depending on your preferred method of modelling.

Arms, base, legs, pretty much all of it. Would it be difficult to relink the animations? I have no idea where to even start with that.

As for the arms and floaty ball thing, it's possible to copy the animations over. I'd suggest that you create dummy objects for each mesh, placed where the pivot point is, and then copy the position and rotation animation controllers over. Then after you model your replacement, you only need to parent the objects to these dummy objects, similar to how the lightsaber throw animation is set up.

On 10/29/2020 at 2:33 PM, Sith Holocron said:

Looks like you're forging something. 

Oh you. Here's where I'm at thus far. I imagine this being the arms.

Screen Shot 2020-11-05 at 2.09.17 PM.png

I've been playing around with adding some detail to the geometry of the piece:
1511652762_ScreenShot2020-11-17at11_52_22AM.thumb.png.048d090e4b0547dfc219999e51a48356.png

Gonna keep the star forge in my back pocket for something else. I feel as if it's too complex for something of this size actually. I know what I want to change about the base and the "orb", but anything I do with the legs has been kind of meh. Something will come to mind eventually I spose.

• Like 1

Been doing some work on the base today. I added some details so it's not so boring as well as lined up some of the polys so the arms, legs, and pyramids fit better.

01.png

02.png

03.png

• Like 2