DarthRevan101

How to create a new module?

I'm not really too sure where to start. I'm looking to create a module that's a copy of G0-T0's Yacht, but obviously I'd fill it with my own characters, objects, etc. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Start in the tutorial section - http://deadlystream.com/forum/forum/25-tutorials/

I haven't used it myself, but you may want to look at this tool by Fair Strides - http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/767-kotor-toolset/

There's also this tool by FS which should automate some of the process of cloning an existing module, if that's what you want to do - http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/518-modhex/

Oh wow, I forgot I made a mapnote tutorial on LF. Wish I was able to port my tutorials over here, because I know I made a module one. If you ever run into any troubles just shoot me a PM or catch me on discord. I've made a billion modules, none of them finished :lol:.

I need to see if ModHex still has an issue, but the Toolset is currently non-functional. There is an updated .exe in the Toolset section of the forums that is different from the one in the Modding Tools Downloads section.

I almost have the Toolset back together and when I do a bit more upgrading, I'll update the one in the Downloads section.

Oh wow, I forgot I made a mapnote tutorial on LF. Wish I was able to port my tutorials over here, because I know I made a module one. If you ever run into any troubles just shoot me a PM or catch me on discord. I've made a billion modules, none of them finished  :lol:.

You know you can still access the tutorials from the link DP posted and then copy-paste over to here, right?

Not every thread from the Wayback Machine is accessible.

So I've created a copy of the cantina in KotOR I, and I'm just wondering how I get these two guys to sit?

3dmjd5A.png

I don't know how it's done in vanilla, but one possibility is to give them an OnSpawn script that contains the following line:

AssignCommand(OBJECT_SELF, ActionPlayAnimation(36, 1.0, -1.0));

The problem with that is that the player will see them sit down when entering the module and I don't know what happens if you leave and return to the module. So there's probably a better solution.

It the vanilla Taris Upper City Cantina module the onenter script - k_ptar_a02ae_en - has this bit at the end:

oAreaObject = GetFirstObjectInArea(OBJECT_INVALID, 64);
	while (GetIsObjectValid(oAreaObject)) {
		if ((GetTag(oAreaObject) == "ptar_pazplayer")) {
			AssignCommand(oAreaObject, ActionPlayAnimation(206, 1.0, 0.0));
		}
		if ((GetTag(oAreaObject) == "ptar_sitter")) {
			AssignCommand(oAreaObject, ActionPlayAnimation(204, 1.0, 0.0));
		}
		if ((GetTag(oAreaObject) == "ptar_drinker")) {
			AssignCommand(oAreaObject, ActionPlayAnimation(205, 1.0, 0.0));
		}
		oAreaObject = GetNextObjectInArea(OBJECT_INVALID, 64);
	}

I don't know how it's done in vanilla, but one possibility is to give them an OnSpawn script that contains the following line:

AssignCommand(OBJECT_SELF, ActionPlayAnimation(36, 1.0, -1.0));
The problem with that is that the player will see them sit down when entering the module and I don't know what happens if you leave and return to the module. So there's probably a better solution.

Doing that just makes them stand again if interacted with and reloading the module... you know; that ancient TSL issue some crazy mod fixed.

Doing that just makes them stand again if interacted with and reloading the module... you know; that ancient TSL issue some crazy mod fixed.

Makes sense. Good thing I only used this model in a one-off cutscene module :)