Sign in to follow this  

Twi'lek Head Replacement

I'm looking for a frankenstein here guys; I use this great mod- http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/412-kotor-prequel-robe-replacement/

But there's one problem with it that's been bugging me personally. Master Zhar Lestin and other Jedi Twi'lek's necks clip through the collar.

Now I understand at the time of the creation of K1, Bioware was basing the design quite obviously upon Bib Fortuna but since then we've been shown that not every Twi'lek has this "neck sack" now I think an easy fix for this would be to simply frankenstein the neck out for a human model neck. 

If anyone would be willing I think this could really improve both games IMO. 

Star-Wars-Rebels-Homecoming-4-02172016.j

What is the deal with Bib Fortuna, by the way? He seems horribly disfigured in comparison to pretty much all other twi'leks

Hmmm... Dunno, too much spice? 

It should be a simple enough job to smooth the neck out into more human proportions. I don't think you'd need to patch together different models. The problem with Twi'leks, though, is the bump mapping. The male Twi'lek models are some of the few that actually have it in the game, and the format isn't fully understood at this time. So I'm not sure if they could be reproduced.

What really bothers me about Twi'leks, though, are the ears. Female Twi'leks have bumps, like frogs. Fair enough. But then males have ears. Why?

It's canonical. Male Twi'leks have human-like ears, females have sensory cones. Sexual dimorphism is not an uncommon biological trait. But in reality it is another legacy of the Bib Fortuna makeup effects no doubt.

Yeah, but... it's ears we're talking about. Not the color of feathers or some such, but a whole sensory organ. Such a difference in evolution would not occur within the same species... bah.

Well, anyway, as I said, the bump map is the only issue I can see. So maybe someone who was researching those could elaborate.

If you assume the inner ear is basically identical then all you are talking about is a flap of skin, nothing overly exciting. Consider elephant seals for example.

The bump map is presumably only an issue if you want to keep it. In which case shuffling the goiter's verts around and using Taina's Replacer should suffice. Otherwise, there is at least one denizen lurking hereabouts who has an unreleased compiler (MDLOps or otherwise) that produces working bump maps.

I personally don't think the bumpmapping is terribly important; this isn't Republic Commando we're talking about and on the subject of ears- something that's also bugged me about the Twi'lek model is that the ears are a texture rather than geometry... It looks bizarre; I mean the neck is the main priority but getting that fixed too would be fantastic.

Any chance of someone developing this?