Sithspecter

Forum Nickname Nominations

Back at Lucas Forums, most (if not all) major sub-forums had a nickname. Instead of a downloads sections, you had Taris Upper City Emporium. Want to have a friendly chat? Head to the Ahto City Cantina. It was a nice touch that made things feel a bit more homey.

Deadly Stream is hoping to implement similar nicknames, and we need your help! If you have an idea for a nickname for a sub-forum, simply nominate it here, and explain your reasoning behind it.

Please post only once! If you wish to nominate more, please go back and edit your original post.

I am up for "Anchorhead Modding Cantina" or "Taris Undercity Chat" idk , i am bad in names :/

For the Downloads Section i have "Star Forge Deck II", Because, you see Ships flying up, and i think Download Files get uploaded and then downloaded...

• Like 1

What about "The Nabooian Gallery" for Mod Images. It's nice to see what you're getting when you're mod shopping. Naboo was a planet of cultural exploits.

I like the nickname idea, but can we keep the present names in addition to the added nicknames. I can easily see a new user to the site being confused by the names, and have trouble finding their way around. As it is, those not used to forums like our system has, struggle to find there way around. 

• Like 3

I like the nickname idea, but can we keep the present names in addition to the added nicknames. I can easily see a new user to the site being confused by the names, and have trouble finding their way around. As it is, those not used to forums like our system has, struggle to find there way around. 

I forgot to mention that we would at least have the regular names in parentheses (maybe the possibility of turning them off for more experienced users).

• Like 1

Maybe this is because of nostalgia, but I think it would be cool if we resurrected the Holowan Labs name.

Maybe. Idk. Maybe better to stick with Old Republic Era corporations.

• Like 5

Some of my ideas so far:

Mod Releases

• Taris Upper City Emporium
  • Leviathan Command Deck
  • Davik's Estate

General KotOR/TSL Modding

• Citadel Station
  • Dreshdae Cantina
  • Hrakert Station
  • Black Vulkar Base
  • Hidden Bek Base
  • Anchorhead

Work in Progress

• Holowan Laboratories
  • The Star Forge
  • Tosche Station
  • HK Factory

Tutorials

• Endar Spire

Other Games

• Rakata Prime
  • Unknown World
  • Sand People Territory
  • The Outer Rim
  • The Unknown Regions

News

• Republic Holonet

Star Wars

• Mos Eisley Cantina

The Old Republic

• Flashpoint Station

Site Feedback

• Czerka Kiosk Coruscant

General Discussion

• Ahto City Cantina
  • Ebon Hawk
  • Citadel Station
  • Jekk'Jekk tarr
  • Like 8

Forums can have both a name and a description, so the description could become the current name, or at least make clear what the forum is.

General KotOR/TSL Modding

• Citadel Station
  • Dreshdae Cantina
  • Hrakert Station
  • Black Vulkar Base
  • Hidden Bek Base
  • Anchorhead

Just FYI, The Drunk Side is the name of the cantina in Dreshdae (select the sign to the left of its entrance to see for yourself).

The Request sub-forum should be "Hive of Scum and Villainy", in reference to all the degenerates that keep bloating it with off-topic crap....

Personally I'd leave everything as-is. The LF thing always struck me as kind of hokey.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I like "The Unknown Regions" for Other Games and "Hrakert Station" for General Modding. I also like having "Davik's Estate", but not so sure about it being mod releases. 

The Request sub-forum should be "Hive of Scum and Villainy", in reference to all the degenerates that keep bloating it with off-topic crap....

Personally I'd leave everything as-is. The LF thing always struck me as kind of hokey.

I agree, it can get confusing for new website users aswell. Although I like the idea 

Here's some new ideas and some already suggested names, but for a different forum. Just ideas, not necessarily something I would even pick myself.

Mod Releases

• (Nar Shaddaa/Galactic) Black Market

General KotOR Modding

• Holowan Laboratories

Game Saves

• Revan's Flashbacks

News

• Iziz News Terminal

Site Feedback

• Czerka Mainframe

General KotOR

• Ahto City Cantina

It bothers me that I can't think of a good one for General Discussion, nothing seems to fit.

@Sithspecter, did you plan to have a vote?

• Like 1