VarsityPuppet

Worst Star Wars Conspiracy Theories

Is it though? I could accept a case of mixed identity if done right, but introducing time travel into a universe that doesn't already have it is especially egregious

I think it's horrible because it makes Darth Vader's redemption in the original trillogy completely worthless. The Prequels would then also fail to show Anakins fall to becoming Darth Vader since it just isn't the same person.

Time travel was actually possible in a way. There was a Legends story in which a Sith Warship from the Great Hyperspace War appeared in the time after ROTJ. The crew was then defeated by Jaden Korr, the main character of Jedi Academy. Their time travel was linked to their hyperdrive being sabotaged. But I don't think anybody ever travelled back in time. The theory that he is Kylo is still on a whole new level of bullcrap.

Well it has been confirmed that in the next star wars movie, they are introducing something that has not been done is star wars before. If they do introduce time travel, I hope they do it right

This is probably something that belongs in a thread like "Best Star Wars Conspiracy Theories" but to hell with it.

The theory that Kreia was the mother of the Handmaiden, Arren Kae, was pretty big back in the day. "Brianna, I am your mother" (said in a raspy, respirator voice). xD

Evidence:

• Both were exiled from the Jedi Order.

• Kreia was presumed dead in the Mandalorian Wars while Kae supposedly died at the Battle of Malachor V; no body of hers was ever found though.

• Both were respected masters who trained Revan.

• Both have similar views on battle being an expression of belief and culture.

• Kreia knows much about the Handmaiden's heritage and of her alleged mother.

And that's just off the top of my head, I'm sure there are way more connections.

As for the worst theory? It's definitely got to be the crazy notion that Krennic is Snoke. Why? Because muh similar blue eyes! Oh, they both wear nice clothes and have similar faces! No further evidence is required, Krennic is Snoke confirmed.

:hrhr:

• Like 1

This is probably something that belongs in a thread like "Best Star Wars Conspiracy Theories" but to hell with it.

The theory that Kreia was the mother of the Handmaiden, Arren Kae, was pretty big back in the day. "Brianna, I am your mother" (said in a raspy, respirator voice). xD

Evidence:

• Both were exiled from the Jedi Order.
  • Kreia was presumed dead in the Mandalorian Wars while Kae supposedly died at the Battle of Malachor V; no body of hers was ever found though.
  • Both were respected masters who trained Revan.
  • Both have similar views on battle being an expression of belief and culture.
  • Kreia knows much about the Handmaiden's heritage and of her alleged mother.
And that's just off the top of my head, I'm sure there are way more connections.

As for the worst theory? It's definitely got to be the crazy notion that Krennic is Snoke. Why? Because muh similar blue eyes! Oh, they both wear nice clothes and have similar faces! No further evidence is required, Krennic is Snoke confirmed.

:hrhr:

Get outta here with that cleverly constructed and nearly confirmed theory by Chris Avellone.

That Krennic = Snoke theory is pure gold

• Like 1

Get outta here with that cleverly constructed and nearly confirmed theory by Chris Avellone.

That Krennic = Snoke theory is pure gold

Sorry! I couldn't resist :P

Theory!? I believe I misspoke, it's nothing but pure unadulterated fact! The best keep secret of the Star Wars universe!

How about the one where Mr. Avellone said Nhilius's mask was made from Revan's skull originally. And he also said Juhani was supposed to be on Dxun as a horrendously scarred mystic/healer... 

How about the one where Mr. Avellone said Nhilius's mask was made from Revan's skull originally. And he also said Juhani was supposed to be on Dxun as a horrendously scarred mystic/healer... 

Those aren't theories, merely scrapped game ideas. Huge difference.

Gotta say. Much as I love Revan, having Nihilus' mask made of Revan's skull would have cemented Nihilus 100% as Star Wars' biggest badass.

(Forgive my off-topic post everyone. I will post a theory at the bottom to compensate).

Nihilus is quite possibly the most powerful Star Wars character of all time aside from the Bedlam Spirits (and possibly the Force Priestesses). The ability to instantly and effortlessly drain entire worlds, cause physical pain and death merely from the sound of his voice, and his armor housing his spirit (basically being an invincible shell) are all power levels above even the likes of Revan, Luke, and Sidious.

His feats stack up as well. Lifting his fleet from the gravity well at Malachor V and then holding it together and shielding it through hyperspace is one of the best feats in the mythos, even if we exclude his drain. His draining capabilities make him the only mortal potentially capable of defeating the Ones or Abeloth solo (aside, obviously, from a Full Potential Skywalker).

Anyway, how about the theory that Mace Windu survived the fall out of the Chancellor's office?

Mace Windu = Snoke confirmed

I mean, think about it. They're both bald. They both wear creepy brown/black cloaks; it's the only possible explanation. 

I mean, think about it. They're both bald. They both wear creepy brown/black cloaks; it's the only possible explanation.

His face probably got scratched up from all that glass too

• Like 1

The only thing that speaks against this genius theory is that Mace lost his hand when Anakin hit him and Snoke still has both hands. But that just confirms my theory that Mace Windu survived and got a new organic hand when he was captured by the Yuuzhan Vong.

(Off topic in regards to Nihilus: Force Drain could be resisted and without that Nihilus is just an above average force user. I've seen this in many YouTube videos, so I don't know how credible that info is since most channels don't site their sources. Wookiepedia also says that he only lifted the Ravager from the gravity well of Malachor V. Nihilus was by no means the most powerfull Sith, that title always belonged to Sidious because he had a lifetime to study everything the dark side had to offer and in the end was able to return from the dead. And no character can match the overpowerednes that Luke or Abiloth achieved in the EU.)

• Like 1

I think it's horrible because it makes Darth Vader's redemption in the original trillogy completely worthless.

One might argue that it already wasn't worth much, considering the fact that there's a new de facto Empire in the same position of power just thirty years later.

It especially makes the Prophecy seem to be pretty darn pointless, given that the balance in the Force lasted less time than it took to fulfill the prophecy...

Nihilus is quite possibly the most powerful Star Wars character of all time aside from the Bedlam Spirits (and possibly the Force Priestesses). The ability to instantly and effortlessly drain entire worlds, cause physical pain and death merely from the sound of his voice, and his armor housing his spirit (basically being an invincible shell) are all power levels above even the likes of Revan, Luke, and Sidious.

His feats stack up as well. Lifting his fleet from the gravity well at Malachor V and then holding it together and shielding it through hyperspace is one of the best feats in the mythos, even if we exclude his drain. His draining capabilities make him the only mortal potentially capable of defeating the Ones or Abeloth solo (aside, obviously, from a Full Potential Skywalker).

Pity that he was so underused in TSL then. I think that fact that he only appears in one cutscene (plus one or two more in TSLRCM) and then there's the boss fight with him, but that's it, really undermined my general opinion of him.

One might argue that it already wasn't worth much, considering the fact that there's a new de facto Empire in the same position of power just thirty years later.

It especially makes the Prophecy seem to be pretty darn pointless, given that the balance in the Force lasted less time than it took to fulfill the prophecy...

Pity that he was so underused in TSL then. I think that fact that he only appears in one cutscene (plus one or two more in TSLRCM) and then there's the boss fight with him, but that's it, really undermined my general opinion of him.

The First Order doesn't rule the galaxy like the Empire did. The New Republic didn't even view them as a thread because the First Order only operated in the Unknown Regions and generel public viewed them as nothing more than Imperials that didn't accpet the peace treaty that ended the Galactic Civil War. They are essentially just a facist army with Snoke as their leader, not a gouverment. A real pity that TFa didn't make this more clear.

The only thing that speaks against this genius theory is that Mace lost his hand when Anakin hit him and Snoke still has both hands. But that just confirms my theory that Mace Windu survived and got a new organic hand when he was captured by the Yuuzhan Vong.

(Off topic in regards to Nihilus: Force Drain could be resisted and without that Nihilus is just an above average force user. I've seen this in many YouTube videos, so I don't know how credible that info is since most channels don't site their sources. Wookiepedia also says that he only lifted the Ravager from the gravity well of Malachor V. Nihilus was by no means the most powerfull Sith, that title always belonged to Sidious because he had a lifetime to study everything the dark side had to offer and in the end was able to return from the dead. And no character can match the overpowerednes that Luke or Abiloth achieved in the EU.)

Force Drain can be resisted. Nihilus does not use a standard drain. ;) As Kreia says, there is no defense against his technique. The Exile survived because she was also a wound, and her Force bonding extended that resistance to her companions.

I'm down for the Windu-is-Snoke theory. Vong tech also managed to change its victim's species and skin color.

Saw this gem: Mace Windu survived and he is Finn's father!

Wait, couldn't be Snoke also Count Dooku? I mean, i don't know he was born 19 BBY, but Dooku died 19 BBY, so it is plausible? No? okay

Wait, couldn't be Snoke also Count Dooku? I mean, i don't know he was born 19 BBY, but Dooku died 19 BBY, so it is plausible? No? okay

That would be be pretty hard, seeing how Anakin cut off both of his hand and then decapitated him.

Saw this gem: Mace Windu survived and he is Finn's father!

Must be because Finn is force-sensitive! 

That would be be pretty hard, seeing how Anakin cut off both of his hand and then decapitated him.

C'mon, obviously he grew them back because or he was a clone and the real Count Dooku was out there somewhere...

Speaking of which, does anyone remember that Boba Fett theory that was going around a while ago?

That the original Boba Fett (who was a clone), either was killed or just died and another took his place?

I used to think that it was a pretty good theory, but after all this talk of clones and a case of "switcheroo", I'm starting to wonder...

Maybe it's okay for a peripheral character like Boba Fett

Either way, isn't boba fett still alive/dead inside the sarlacc in canon? Though I think one of the newer books stated that jabba's barge crashed into the sarlacc and it's semi-dead now with jawas looting it. So I guess he could be alive but it hasn't been written yet?

I really hope they don't do too much of the hole cloning bs. One of the few things I actually like about the EU now being "legends", the whole palpatine's clones story line was pretty stupid imo. Also wouldn't any clone be old as hell and/or dead by the point of return of the jedi? Boba Fett seemed to be in a decent physical state in the movies, I really can't see him having the body of a 60/70 year old tbh.

Either way, isn't boba fett still alive/dead inside the sarlacc in canon? Though I think one of the newer books stated that jabba's barge crashed into the sarlacc and it's semi-dead now with jawas looting it. So I guess he could be alive but it hasn't been written yet?

I really hope they don't do too much of the hole cloning bs. One of the few things I actually like about the EU now being "legends", the whole palpatine's clones story line was pretty stupid imo. Also wouldn't any clone be old as hell and/or dead by the point of return of the jedi? Boba Fett seemed to be in a decent physical state in the movies, I really can't see him having the body of a 60/70 year old tbh.

Boba had no accelerated aging. He would have been 30 or so in RotJ.

I think Boba Fett's armor appeared in one map in Star Wars Battlefront. If it's canon or not is unknown.