Mellowtron11

What classes are the Jedi Masters and Sith Lords in TSL?

I'm curious if anyone has ever found out what in-game classes the Jedi Masters  and Sith Lords were in KOTOR 2. The game only explicitly states that Kavar is a Jedi Guardian. Atris is a historian and Archivist, so I imagine that she is a Consular. As for the others, I'm not really sure what Vrook (although I'm guessing Consular for him), Vash, Zez-Kai Ell, Sion and Nihlus are in terms of classes. Has anyone looked at the game data and found out? 

• Like 1

Vash- Guardian

Vrook- Guardian

Kavar- Guardian

Zez- Guardian

Atris- Consular

Nihilus- Sentinel

Sion- Guardian

Traya- Consular

Huh... I thought that the three Sith Lords were the Sith Lord prestige class. I'm surprised that Nihlus was a Sentinel, as I thought he was a Consular or Sith Lord class. Thanks for the info!

I thought Atris was a Guardian Watchman and Lonna was a Sentinel but it hardly matters. I say Imagine what you need them to be. But Vrook's 'class' should be "pain in the butt" and Atris's 'class' should be, "Galactic hypocrite, Traitor, and Mass Murderer!" 

• Like 1

I thought Atris was a Guardian Watchman and Lonna was a Sentinel but it hardly matters. I say Imagine what you need them to be. But Vrook's 'class' should be "pain in the butt" and Atris's 'class' should be, "Galactic hypocrite, Traitor, and Mass Murderer!" 

Goddamn that's funny!

Apparently in the Star Wars Miniature game, the Jedi Guardian figure resembled Atris. In the promo art, she's often seen with a blue lightsaber, the classic color of the Guardians.

http://shop.tcgplayer.com/star-wars-miniatures/champions-of-the-force/jedi-guardian

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Atris#Powers_and_abilities

In the Wizards of the Coast KOTOR guidebook, Atris is labeled as a Jedi Watchman on page 40. 

https://www.scribd.com/doc/31674112/Star-Wars-Knights-of-the-Old-Republic-Campaign-Guide-Saga-Edition-WTC21827#scribd

I looked at the each NPC's utc file in Kotor tool!

This might not be the case here, but a character's .utc file doesn't necessarily contain all the information about that character. For example, according to the tar09_darkjedi001.utc file for the Sith Governor in the Sith Base on Taris in the first game, he's only a level 6 Soldier: he's actually level 12 and multi-class (he's also a level 6 Jedi Sentinel). There's also Bastila:

If you encounter her on the Star Forge, according to sta_bastila.utc she's just a level 3 Sentinel: she's actually level 21 and multi-class (she's also a level 18 Jedi Guardian).

I don't know the origin of the second class, but I noticed it while checking attack and defence breakdowns, and saves and Force power Difficulty Class, on the Feedback screen.

• Like 1

I know for sure that, at least in the first game, all enemies post-Taris gain bonuses if the player's level first is over 12-14 and then is over 15-20. Kotor II's system for enemy scaling is different, though

My guess would be that there's a script that changes the NPCs stats (level, class, abilities, etc) depending on the player's level.

Certain Boss types have like 8-19 vitality in Kotor Tool but when you play it in game they feel like they have a lot more during combat so I'll have to agree with this statement!

This might not be the case here, but a character's .utc file doesn't necessarily contain all the information about that character. For example, according to the tar09_darkjedi001.utc file for the Sith Governor in the Sith Base on Taris in the first game, he's only a level 6 Soldier: he's actually level 12 and multi-class (he's also a level 6 Jedi Sentinel). There's also Bastila:

If you encounter her on the Star Forge, according to sta_bastila.utc she's just a level 3 Sentinel: she's actually level 21 and multi-class (she's also a level 18 Jedi Guardian).

I don't know the origin of the second class, but I noticed it while checking attack and defence breakdowns, and saves and Force power Difficulty Class, on the Feedback screen.

That would make sense on why the governor had the drain life power. I didn't know that they multi-classed the Jedi classes like that KOTOR 1. I just assumed that they were just one class only.

Seems that the developers preferred the health heavy classes like guardians and soldiers for bosses. After all, it makes sense for bosses to have a high health pool to have the player whittle down.

I know for sure that, at least in the first game, all enemies post-Taris gain bonuses if the player's level first is over 12-14 and then is over 15-20. Kotor II's system for enemy scaling is different, though

How was the KOTOR 2 leveling system different?

In this case, it's an issue that KotOR Tool only supports one class. It's not that the files are being changed by the game so much as this. For example, if you open the sta_bastila.utc file already mentioned in K-GFF, you'd see a second class struct that's level 18...

• Like 1

In this case, it's an issue that KotOR Tool only supports one class. It's not that the files are being changed by the game so much as this. For example, if you open the sta_bastila.utc file already mentioned in K-GFF, you'd see a second class struct that's level 18...

Thanks! I downloaded K-GFF 1.3, extracted .utc files from KotOR Tool into its directory and opened them, and saw what you mean: since the class values seem to correspond to the row labels of classes.2da, that version of Bastila is a level 3 Jedi Sentinel (5) and level 18 Jedi Guardian (3), while the Sith Governor is a level 6 Soldier (0) and level 6 Jedi Sentinel (5). Those are the only two NPCs with more than one class of which I'm aware in the first game, so it may be sufficiently rare that it wasn't thought to be worth including in KotOR Tool (or it got overlooked).

I'd do likewise for the NPCs listed by N-DReW25 for the second game, but I'm nowhere near as familiar with it as the first game (yet) so I'm much less confident of getting it right (there can be multiple .utc files for the same character in multiple locations, some of which are only used in cutscenes or dialog, or not at all).

How was the KOTOR 2 leveling system different?

In the first game, most enemies are static: they're the same regardless of your character level. However, since you can travel to four of the Star Map worlds in any order and thus at varying character levels, some enemies receive attribute bonuses dependent on this (as mentioned earlier by 134340Goat, and detailed in this post), and some encounters also contain more or tougher enemies (or both).

As I've already mentioned, I'm nowhere near as familiar with the second game, but it seems that some, if not all, are affected by your character level in some way. The only concrete information I have is for the final boss, who has the following statistics according to the combat log:

STATISTIC       YOUR LEVEL
                30  40  50
--------------------------
Level           34  45  56 *

Defense         50  60  70

Fortitude       58  68  79
Reflex          52  62  73
Will            60  70  81

Attack          44  55  66

Force power DC  58  66  73

It's been quite a while since I recorded all that, and I don't know quite what to make of it: for example, I assumed level = base attack bonus (Attack is the sum of this, Strength (+9) and Weapon Focus (+1) bonuses, excluding the d20 roll), but if that were true then Force power DC should also increase by 11 each time, not just 8 and 7 (that decrease leads me to suspect that Wisdom or Charisma bonuses (or both) may be granted at levels 32, 36 and 40 (3 times) and levels 44 and 48 (2 times), or something like that). *

Someone more knowledgeable may be able to enlighten us, and I'd be surprised if someone hadn't already worked it out and posted it somewhere in these forums (although it may be hard to find, particularly if it's technical).

* See bead-v's Character (Stat) Guide: Darth Traya is actually level 22, 30 and 37 at level 30, 40 and 50 respectively (confirmed by Force power DC = level + WIS 27 (64 Wisdom) + CHA 4 (18 Charisma) + 5 = level + 36).

Edited by onderduiker

In KotOR 2, the game uses autobalance.2da, though I couldn't tell you if the different rows in it correspond to the difficulty setting or (more likely) a range of levels based on difference between the Player Character's level and the subject to be balanced.

• Like 1

In KotOR Tool's .utc editor, under Advanced, there is the Multiplier Set field. That number matches the row number in autobalance.2da. IIRC the autobalance mechanism uses only the player's level to determine the enemy's stats, which are then added to any stats already in the enemy's .utc, again IIRC.

• Like 1

As I've already mentioned, I'm nowhere near as familiar with the second game, but it seems that some, if not all, are affected by your character level in some way. The only concrete information I have is for the final boss, who has the following statistics according to the combat log:

STATISTIC       YOUR LEVEL
                30  40  50
--------------------------
Level           34  45  56

Defense         50  60  70

Fortitude       58  68  79
Reflex          52  62  73
Will            60  70  81

Attack          44  55  66

Force power DC  58  66  73

It's been quite a while since I recorded all that, and I don't know quite what to make of it: for example, I assumed level = base attack bonus (Attack is the sum of this, Strength (+9) and Weapon Focus (+1) bonuses, excluding the d20 roll), but if that were true then Force power DC should also increase by 11 each time, not just 8 and 7 (that decrease leads me to suspect that Wisdom or Charisma bonuses (or both) may be granted at levels 32, 36 and 40 (3 times) and levels 44 and 48 (2 times), or something like that).

Someone more knowledgeable may be able to enlighten us, and I'd be surprised if someone hadn't already worked it out and posted it somewhere in these forums (although it may be hard to find, particularly if it's technical).

Well that would explain why Darth Traya was so difficult to beat in the end. Thanks for posting, I was always curious what her endgame stats were. 

If you guys don't mind me asking and taking a look, what classes are the generic Dark Jedi and the Sith Assassins in KOTOR2? Are Sith Assassins the assassin prestige class? (To be honest, I'm half expecting someone to say scoundrel for them).