Sign in to follow this  
InSidious

Darth InSidious' WIP

So, my WIP thread on LF died a death... as did LF. So here is my new WIP thread, featuring... the same old stuff I posted before, to be honest.

1. [K1] Tatooine Arena

skrfia.jpgscreenshot2.jpgtatarena4.jpgtatarena5.jpgtatarena6.jpgtatarena7.jpgtatarena8.jpg

So far as I remember, loss condition scripts are done. I just need to get the victory conditions done, write dialogue, install a merchant, and add a way to get to the arena on Tatooine.

2. Rhen Var

rvnew1.jpgjargon.jpgsom1.jpgcall.jpgrv2.jpgrv3.jpgsecoff.jpg

BITE OFF THE BONE, SUCK THE MARROW! Ahem. I mean. I've uploaded the 2006 trailer for Rhen Var to YouTube:

Well. The mod is a bit different these days. More recent work has included updating the galaxy map icon to something that stands up (ish):

Gal Map v3.jpg

And also getting 'frosty breath' into completed exterior area:

rv2.jpg

And something I forgot to add last time,  the datapad you can get on the history of the planet:

rvhist.jpg

And also producing new textures for the main part of the interior of the base, as well as implementing some of the less central plot features:

922_2_1.jpg922_2_2.jpg922_2_3.jpg922_2_4.jpg922_2_5.jpg922_2_6.jpg922_2_7.jpg922_2_8.jpg922_2_9.jpg922_11.jpg922_upl2.jpg922tex1.jpg

Or at least, I was until KotOR Tool's map editor finally refused to keep working. We'll see when I get back to it. I've also been writing some dialogue for one of the next modules on the list:

925dlg.jpg

And doing less exciting stuff like consolidating files and harmonising filenames. That may not seem like much progress for two or three years' of modding, and it isn't. I've been busy IRL, and modding has had to take a back seat.

3.Other KotOR Modding

Aside from things I've actually released lately, I've done one or two other pieces of modding as well, such as trying out my new KotOR II textures in KotOR I:

esrv.jpgesrv1.jpgesrv2.jpgesrv3.jpgesrv4.jpgesrv5.jpgesrv6.jpgesrv7.jpgesrv8.jpgesrv9.jpgesrv10.jpg

Another project I've been on-and-off working on is attempting to make some new masks for KotOR/KotOR II, in the style of Mass Effect:

headgear1.jpg

To be honest, I didn't get very far with this, because I couldn't get them to sit right on all of the head models.

I've released one of the lightsaber models I was working on, and the other I still need to re-export and hope the UV-mapping holds:

ls102.jpg

And finally, have a little M4-78 Machinima. This was originally done on request for a project, but wasn't used in the end:

I don't know when I'll next update this thread, but until then...

• Like 3

I like it! And glad that you opened a new WIP thread DI.

It would be a shame to have let all that work you've done in the dust.

Like the idea of the arena on Tatooine, really fits well. And Rhen Varr, a prime example what you can do with reskins of modules :)

Always liked your mods, some of them are smaller tweaks and improvements to the game which sometimes does the most to make it more fun.

Looking forward to the next release!

When does your team start recruiting again? :P

Glad to see Rhen Var isn't dead, especially since I am quite fond of Ulic Qel-Droma. Hope to see a mention or an exploration of his tomb in the mod :) Great work as always InSidious 

• Like 1

Very cool things you got here. Its those small additions like the icy breath for example that makes the game more interesting.

Hope to see more work from you soon!

Rhen Var looks very interesting. The module reskins look fresh and natural, not like in most of the mods.

Can I ask if the storyline would be somehow connected to Vima Sunrider? The storyline of TSL is mostly based on finding the Jedi Masters and she's the most probable candidate for a one on this frosty planet.