Fair Strides

K1R 1.2 Impressions and Bug-Reports [READ ME FIRST]

Is K1R compatible with an non-English version of KOTOR? Must I use dlgconv before?

K1R uses the dialog.tlk for 99% if not 100% of its text. I believe the DLG Converter tool only works on text not covered by the dialog.tlk, but I could be wrong. In any case, it should be fine since the text is in the dialog.tlk file. It would show up in-game as English text and the VOs would be English, but you wouldn't run into "invisible text" issues.

The DLG Converter itself would accomplish the same thing as the above. It wouldn't convert the English text into Italian or Spanish or something; only make it visible for those languages in-game.

It would show up in-game as English text and the VOs would be English, but you wouldn't run into "invisible text" issues.

Precisely what I meant to ask. Thanks.

Hello,

I would like to report the invulnerable Lashowe bug already discussed in this topic.

1) After I convinced Lashowe to cooperate and she asked me to come in KOR36 near the pillars. The bug happens when I approach her in KOR36. She attacks me (as intended) but she is invulnerable

2) K1R V1.2 using the user-friendly installer

3) GOG game version

5) Fresh install

6) No other mod except widescreen

7) Steps I followed :

- Enter the Sith Academy in Korriban

- Talk to Lashowe and convince her to work together. She'll leave the area and ask to meet you near the pillars down the ruins

- Go down the korriban ruins (kor36)

- Approach her and defeat the hounds with her help

- In the next dialog, confront her so she attacks you

=> She is invulnerable

8) Didn't try to reinstall the mod

9) Didn't try a different save

10) Didn't try a new game

11) Windows 10 64b
12) What is K1R launcher ? Nothing like this opens when I start the game, just the game itself

I have a savegame just before approaching her (SAV1), and just after she attacks, during the auto pause (SAV2)

I don't know anything about KOTOR modding, but thanks to Fair Strides's post I was able to do some research. I did the following :

- Extracted the savegame.sav using ERFEdit

- Figured out the korriban area was kor36

- Extracted the area .sav file in order to get the .git file

- Opened it with K-GFF

- Searched for "Lashowe" and checked the Min1HP and Plot fields. Both are 0 in SAV1, but Plot is at 1 in SAV2

- Changed Plot to 0 in SAV2, then rebuilt the kor36.sav and savegame.sav modules using KOTOR tool

=> The game won't load the rebuild savegame

- Compared the original and modified git files with a hexa editor, and they are really different (not even the same size). I also realised that K-GFF didn't even save the Plot value correctly, it's still at 1 when opening again.

So I'm stuck. What am I doing wrong ? Doesn't K-GFF write savegame git files correctly ?

I tried to changed the Plot value using only a hexa editor but I couldn't figure it out.

Yes I'm stubborn I could just let her go with the price but hey :D

Thank you

Congratulations on stubbornness! And you were so close to getting it right. Try it again (starting from SAV1 and getting her to attack, then saving a new SAV2), but this time after you edit the .git file in K-GFF and save it, do the following:

1. Close any ERFEdit apps that are open.

2. Open the kor36aa.sav in ERFEdit and drag-n-drop your edited .git file into it. Yes to overwrite. Save.

3. Close ERFEdit and then re-open it.

4. Open SAVEGAME.sav and drag-n-drop your edited .sav file into it. Yes to overwrite. Save.

I've never had problems with ERFEdit and savegames before. The only issues on newer OS (anything past Windows XP) would be drag-n-drop only working once per application when extracting and the scrollbar on the side being a bit wonky.

Woot it works !

I had two issues actually :

- In K-GFF, it seems that before saving, you need to switch to another line in the left panel after changing a value, or the change is not applied. That's why Plot was still at 1 after I changed it and saved.

- My repacking of the save using "ERF File builder" wasn't good, which is probably why it wouldn't load in KOTOR. I followed your instructions and it loads now.

Thank you for your help :D

I'm still getting that Jolee bug. Basically all my MODS are texture Mods, the Lightsaber Force Form Mod, and easy Swoop Racing and the Carth Romance fix. There are some weapons reskins as well. The crystal Fix Mod... The Yavin reskin mod... I can't remember anything else. Latest version of KOTOR 1, on Steam. I saved before talking to Jolee at the hut.

I'm still getting that Jolee bug. Basically all my MODS are texture Mods, the Lightsaber Force Form Mod, and easy Swoop Racing and the Carth Romance fix. There are some weapons reskins as well. The crystal Fix Mod... The Yavin reskin mod... I can't remember anything else. Latest version of KOTOR 1, on Steam. I saved before talking to Jolee at the hut.

Put this in override. Only for use after the first cutscene with Jolee.

k1r_jolee_diag.ncs

Hello,

I would like to report the invulnerable Lashowe bug already discussed in this topic...

I created this account just to thank both you and Fair Strides.  I was able to use the information in these 2 posts to resolve the  invulnerable Lashowe bug.  Thanks so much!

1) During the game, when did the problem begin to occur?

Haven't started the game yet.

2) Did you install the latest version of the mod? (1.2)

Couldn't install the mod at all.

3) What version of the game do you have? (Steam, GOG, 4CD, KotOR Collection?) What region is the game designed for if it's the 4 CD version?

Steam

4) Did you update your game as required by your game's region? (4-CD version ONLY)

N/A

5) Did you install this over the previous version(s), or did you perform a fresh installation as required by the K1R's read-me file?

No.

6) What other mods have you installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site. (We don't actually know them all!.)

No other mods.

7) Can you be more specific about the error? At what point did it happen?

After clicking install on the tslpatcher, it just gives me "An Unhandled Error has Occurred."

8) Have you tried re-downloading/re-installing the mod?

Many times.

9) Have you tried using a different save game?

No.

10) Have you tried starting a new game?

No.

11) What Operating System do you use? (List Virtual Machines as well if you are using them.)

Win 7

12) IF USING THE GOG OR 4CD VERSION: Can you confirm that you see the K1R Launcher when you launch the game?

N/A

Okay, can you post the installlog.rtf file?

Also, some things you could try:

1. Running as an admin.

2. Setting compatibility mode to Windows XP SP3.

3. Going into the tslpatchdata folder, then opening the changes.ini file and adding the following near the top (under the [settings] part):

LookupGameFolder=1
LookupGameNumber=1

It's cancelling before it even tries to find the path, so at the moment all I could suggest is trying those three things in my previous post.

Did all that, even turned off read only on all the files inside. Still nothing.

I have no clue why it isn't working and am really sorry I'm not able to help more with this. I notice that the installlog.rtf had some foreign characters in it that weren't English, but I don't know why that'd have anything to do with it.

Do other mods that use the TSL Patcher work? If not, then send me a list of mods you want to use and I can package up a pre-installed set of files for you.

I have no clue why it isn't working and am really sorry I'm not able to help more with this. I notice that the installlog.rtf had some foreign characters in it that weren't English, but I don't know why that'd have anything to do with it.

Do other mods that use the TSL Patcher work? If not, then send me a list of mods you want to use and I can package up a pre-installed set of files for you.

Well, I'm using a Chinese version of Win 7, but I don't think that has anything to my problems. I think. I did tried to install other mods using tslpatcher, similar results. 

If you can, could you send me the entire restoration mod. Thanks anyway.

Maybe TSL Patcher has issues with Chinese characters in it's file path. So maybe try running it from a folder that has none of them in the file path.

I'm using a Chinese version of Win 7, so it's kinda impossible avoid them.

I figured out a way.

I'm using a Chinese version of Win 7, so it's kinda impossible avoid them.

I figured out a way.

Would you mind sharing that in case someone in the future experiences the same problem?

So I got to the injured Sith. After the conversation ended, I clicked on her to talk again, and it crashed to the desktop.

So I got to the injured Sith. After the conversation ended, I clicked on her to talk again, and it crashed to the desktop.

Here you go:

3) What version of the game do you have? (Steam, GOG, 4CD, KotOR Collection?) What region is the game designed for if it's the 4 CD version?

4) Did you update your game as required by your game's region? (4-CD version ONLY)

5) Did you install this over the previous version(s), or did you perform a fresh installation as required by the K1R's read-me file?

6) What other mods have you installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site. (We don't actually know them all!.)

11) What Operating System do you use? (List Virtual Machines as well if you are using them.)

12) IF USING THE GOG OR 4CD VERSION: Can you confirm that you see the K1R Launcher when you launch the game?

Here you go:

5) Did you install this over the previous version(s), or did you perform a fresh installation as required by the K1R's read-me file?

6) What other mods have you installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site. (We don't actually know them all!.)

lol I know. Dunno why I did it the way I did. I know better.