sylv_o

Togruta Heads - playable mod for KOTOR (a work in progress)

Hello!

I have a mod which allows a player to play as a Togruta character. Unfortunately , there are some bugs  - because I'm not as good as necessary to manage Blender.

To explain myself better: The head can't move, and the eyes and mouth can't movie either. When I put the files into Blender, it didn't seem to have worked properly

If someone can help to fix it, that would be wonderful. I'd be glad to share my folder with someone who can do it...

~sylvain

Screenshot 2016 01 17 12.05.57

Screenshot 2016 01 17 12.06.55

Screenshot 2016 01 17 12.03.49

Screenshot 2016 01 18 19.04.08

Screenshot 2016 01 18 19.04.51

Admin Note: Minor edits to increase clarity

Uhm, could you explain your work process here?

Did you start with an existing head or did you model something from scratch?

Sylvain, could you post the pictures of the head in the mod - how it looks right now?  It might give everyone an idea of how far you have gone.

Did you ask the original author for permission?

If you just put this head in without taking care of bones and weighting, it's logical that it doesn't work.

Yes, it's logical. I tried to keep the bones, but something - I don't know what - and it didn't work.

I've got the permission to use it into Jedi Knight. After that i transform it by my proper way - without permission - but it was just for me at first. I don't think we have permission to make mods for KOTOR anyway.

I've not put the head directly from Jedi Knight. I chose a head from KOTOR - a working head. After that, I added the horns (if it's horns)  I changed it in the goal to just the head and the horns. I added 2 balls if I remember correctly because there were holes in the back of the head. After that, I worked on the pictures and colors to adapt them.

It's now been a while since I worked on it and I'm giving my baby to you - if anyone has interest in completing it.

I m sorry for my bad English ... ..
j uses a google translation here for clarity I hope

I have not directly stick a head from the game jedi knight.

I first chose a head in the game kotor , to which I have connected Togruta horns , I had to then add two spheres to fill holes in the back of the head.subsequently I have therefore adapt the colors and forms that they correspond with the new form.

but now it 's been a while , and I prefer to give the baby to someone who would be interested.In fact I'm not sure I want to review the files myself so much that I do not master blender

I do speak a little french, but typing/ writing, ohlalala, that's something I haven't done since high school o_O

What I would guess is this head needs the proper hex edit method, to get animations and bones working in the game again.

If he did re-use a kotor head then most bones/ vertices should already be properly weighted.

Been a very long time since I did anything like that sort of 3D stuff. And the only thing I ever did was adding some cubes to a players head :P

Not knowing anything about the situation, I sent sylv_o a PM last night suggesting a run through VP's HeadFixer, and awoke to a PM saying that they hadn't tried that, but would soon.

The mesh isn't skinned, the headfixer isn't going to do anything. They need to actually weight the mesh to the KOTOR skeleton.

So it's a trimesh then?

Yeah.... that is going to be tedious work to weight that whole head.

Update: 19 January 2016 - 08:08 PM (EST)

yes it s logical , i tried to keep the bones , but somethings i don t know didn t worked!
i ve got the permission to use it into jedi knight , after that i transform it by my proper way , without permission ,but it was just for me at first , don t think we have permission to make mod for kotor anyway

I would be inclined to approve the head, but I am confused as to whether this is ported within rules or not. I will leave the file in pending until Friday. If it can't be verified by then, we'll have to take it down. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯