Sign in to follow this  
Doctor Evil

Star Wars Rebels mid-season trailer

Gotta say I'm excited for this, and I especially like how anakin's design changed from TCW to this show. And just how menacing did Matt Lanter sound there, my god that gave me chills

AAAAND from this trailer it looks like Ezra's fate is teased... he's gonna go to the dark side. Calling it right now

And how about that TFA connection with the crossguard green saber? And who was the hooded sith? Not palpatine, could it be an earlier snoke/Plageuis?

Any thoughts about upcoming?

Oh, and by the way, is there any way I can stream previous season 2 episodes? BEcause I am really behind on it :V

Gotta say I'm excited for this, and I especially like how anakin's design changed from TCW to this show. And just how menacing did Matt Lanter sound there, my god that gave me chills

AAAAND from this trailer it looks like Ezra's fate is teased... he's gonna go to the dark side. Calling it right now

And how about that TFA connection with the crossguard green saber? And who was the hooded sith? Not palpatine, could it be an earlier snoke/Plageuis?

Any thoughts about upcoming?

Oh, and by the way, is there any way I can stream previous season 2 episodes? BEcause I am really behind on it :V

I can send you a PM later on if you want? I cant wait for Vader to chop Ashokas head off though, They have made Vader a complete boss in this series. That clocked figure could certainly be Snoke, he looks very similar to him (just without all that disfigurement, maybe he gets disfigured by someone in this series, Like Sidious or Vader), and here I thought the grand inquisitor could have been Snoke, but that theory could be out the window if that was Snoke their... Looks great either way 

EDIT: I just noticed Mazz was in the trailer aswell, now we know why they held off on the second half of this season as it looks like their could have been some semi spoilers in it for TFA

And who was the hooded sith? Not palpatine, could it be an earlier snoke/Plageuis?

Freeze-frame reveals Darth Maul tattoos...

Are we seriously not done with him yet? Maybe this time they'll remember to give him a personality...

On this plus side, more Rebels should be just what I need to wash the aftertaste of TFA from my mouth.

"There's always a bit of truth in Legends" 

As in "Star Wars Legends" aka the previous EU that went into the bin?

I'm now seriously considering that they'll bring parts of KotOR into the current canon! Not everything, mind you, but I can see the character Darth Revan being referred to or something.

A man can dream...

Also spotted Maul at 2:22, maybe he'll turn Ezra to the dark side?

• Like 1

I just re-watched the trailer... is it just me, or did I catch a glimpse of The Maw after that scene with that hooded figure?

I can send you a PM later on if you want? I cant wait for Vader to chop Ashokas head off though, They have made Vader a complete boss in this series. That clocked figure could certainly be Snoke, he looks very similar to him (just without all that disfigurement, maybe he gets disfigured by someone in this series, Like Sidious or Vader), and here I thought the grand inquisitor could have been Snoke, but that theory could be out the window if that was Snoke their... Looks great either way 

EDIT: I just noticed Mazz was in the trailer aswell, now we know why they held off on the second half of this season as it looks like their could have been some semi spoilers in it for TFA

Nah, found a good site though it's not HD, so I'll settle for DVRing. If you got a better option though for sure pm me and I'll check it out :D

Didn't catch Maz in the trailer, could you point out where you saw it?

Freeze-frame reveals Darth Maul tattoos...

Are we seriously not done with him yet? Maybe this time they'll remember to give him a personality...

On this plus side, more Rebels should be just what I need to wash the aftertaste of TFA from my mouth.

Just re-watched it and you're exactly right, his facial structure is reminiscent of him as well...

(can we not discuss whether we liked TFA or not in this thread though, because then the same thing that happened there will happen here >_<)

"There's always a bit of truth in Legends" 

As in "Star Wars Legends" aka the previous EU that went into the bin?

I'm now seriously considering that they'll bring parts of KotOR into the current canon! Not everything, mind you, but I can see the character Darth Revan being referred to or something.

A man can dream...

Well with Rakata Prime being canon now, those ships looking mighty like hammerheads, it looks like they are prepping for that. Tieing Revan into the main canon would be fantastic in my opinion, but also for the franchise because Revan is an immensely popular character.

And they can absolutely do a selective canon here, by virtue rendering the horrific TOR non-canon

• Like 1

(can we not discuss whether we liked TFA or not in this thread though, because then the same thing that happened there will happen here >_<)

You can say that again ;)

Well with Rakata Prime being canon now, those ships looking mighty like hammerheads, it looks like they are prepping for that. Tieing Revan into the main canon would be fantastic in my opinion, but also for the franchise because Revan is an immensely popular character.

And they can absolutely do a selective canon here, by virtue rendering the horrific TOR non-canon

Don't know if I'd call it fantastic as I wouldn't know what they'd do with him/her, but it'd be cool in a way. We also see Ezra getting a green crossguarded saber, similar to Kylo Ren's. We know Ren's lightsaber is based on an ancient design reminiscent of the lightsabers used by the jedi in the Great Scourge of Malachor (hint TSL hint). I think it's a safe guess that the lightsaber Ezra is holding in the trailer is an ancient saber from the Old Republic, that, or he constructed another one but why would he do that? 

Anyone have any idea who all those faceless masked jedi are in the white clothing? My guess is they are either an order of grey jedi to which Ahsoka belongs to OR (tieing in with the green Old Republic lightsaber we see in the trailer) they are some of the jedi who died at the destruction of Malachor.

Now that I think of it, this would be a fun idea. I'm going to ponder on it some more and then I'll post a what if?/Prediction of the next half of this season.

Isn't it pretty obvious that the guy in the hood is Maul? The voice and the glimpse we have of his facial features match. Hell, I'd say that was the best part of the trailer. That reveal was perfect.

Anyway, this trailer was amazing. I'm really looking forward to watching the rest of the season. All of the subtle hints to Kotor only make me love this show more and more. Are those spider like creatures Kinrath?  And judging by how Ezra found a Malachor/Kylo Ren style green Lightsaber, I can't tell if this will take place in either Korriban or Malachor. I'm expecting Korriban, but having Malachor return would be the greatest thing ever. We also have a new inquisitor.

My only problem is that it sounds like Vader's voice was changed...darn. The glimpse we had of his voice sounded really unintimidating. Is that still James Earl Jones?

The real issue of bringing in Legends material is which material exactly. It's not as if there's a great deal of consensus on which bits of the EU were good and bad...

Re: Revan, that for me is very dependant on what version of Revan is brought in. I have no desire for the SWTOR take on Revan to be salvaged.

Anyone have any idea who all those faceless masked jedi are in the white clothing? My guess is they are either an order of grey jedi to which Ahsoka belongs to OR (tieing in with the green Old Republic lightsaber we see in the trailer) they are some of the jedi who died at the destruction of Malachor.

Or they could be a vision.

I'm more curious as to why a Jedi Council member (Colema Kcaj) is still unaccounted for. Seems like an important person to lose track of, especially since we know jack about him.

• Like 1

The real issue of bringing in Legends material is which material exactly. It's not as if there's a great deal of consensus on which bits of the EU were good and bad...

Well, TOR was always in a state of limbo, with Kotor I and II being in a state of limbo by extension. They can just pick and choose the good things. 

Heck, if they only use certain characters and locations they won't even have to go in detail as it has been millennia since then, they wouldn't even have to refer to them by name.

For example:

Darth Revan: he was a great jedi war hero who fought both on the light and dark side of the force

Malachor: Here was an ancient battle between mandalorians (seen in the Clone Wars already) and jedi, a lot of people died.

Exile: a general in the wars

Or they could be a vision.

Yeah, that's what I meant by the jedi who died at Malachor. A vision of them. Because they lived and died thousands of years ago.

I'm more curious as to why a Jedi Council member (Colema Kcaj) is still unaccounted for. Seems like an important person to lose track of, especially since we know jack about him.

I'm sorry, but who?! Wookieepedia has almost no info about him?

I just re-watched the trailer... is it just me, or did I catch a glimpse of The Maw after that scene with that hooded figure?

Nah, found a good site though it's not HD, so I'll settle for DVRing. If you got a better option though for sure pm me and I'll check it out :D

Didn't catch Maz in the trailer, could you point out where you saw it?

Just re-watched it and you're exactly right, his facial structure is reminiscent of him as well...

we see a tiny glimpse of her somewhere around 2.40, i didnt catch it at first... I still do not think that person is Maul, but SW Rebels is starting to look more interesting

Maybe we'll get some information on what the Great Scourge of Malachor was and whether it had something to do with a certain General ordering the planet to be crushed.

I can't sleep, so:

What if?... My prediction/wishlist for the rest of Star Wars: Rebels Season 2 (Which I'm completely making up)

Alright, so Ahsoka states in this trailer that to defeat their enemy, Ezra and crew will have to get to know the way they think. To Ezra & Kanan (light Jedi) and Ahsoka (light/grey Jedi) this would mean that they'd have to learn about the dark side of the force. Of course, they can't just pick the next intergalactic bus to Vader's Star Destroyer to ask him about the Dark Side of the Force, as that would mean their certain doom. Instead of this, they turn to their only other option: history. Through some way (either the teachings of Ahsoka and lessons she learned in the gap between TCW and Rebels or some other unknown intel) they learn about the history of the conflicts between Jedi and Sith and with it the location of an ancient Sith academy somewhere in the Outer Rims where there are sure to be holocrons containing knowledge of the dark side.

The Jedi Trio, being Ahsoka, Kanan and Ezra, begin their search and are followed by Darth Vader and his inquisitors because he sure isn't going to let the loose ends that are Ahsoka and her pupils out of his eye. After a search through several systems they finally find the right planet and set foot on the planet we all know so well: Malachor V, location of the Great Scourge and the Sith Academy. They find the Academy and Ezra touches a pillar, which prompts the academy to awaken and open. Unbeknownst to them the inquisitors, who are scouting ahead, land on the planet and move to the entrance. There they find the trio about to enter the Academy and a fight ensues. After a lightsaber battle, the trio is able to enter the Academy, and close the door behind them. The trio is trapped inside and the inquisitors have to wait for Darth Vader to land. While they receive their master the trio is able to find a room in which they meditate on the nature of the force, maybe Ahsoka can explain her neutral/gray views. As soon as Vader and his companions enter the Academy the spirits of the Jedi who fell (who apparently all wore the same white uniform in the war) at the Scourge of Malachor arise and start attacking the evil they died fighting, Vader sets his inquisitors on them and continues to explore the temple by himself, alone. The trio flees but lose each other because of all the commotion, from now on they will have to find their own way through the temple. 

So now we have the three main force-sensitive characters in Rebels and a frikkin' Sith Lord on themselves in an ancient Sith Academy. I think it would be cool if they all take something different away from the experience. Perhaps they all learn something about their respective side (Kanan: light, Ahsoka: grey, Ezra: dark) After exploring for a while Kanan has a vision of an ancient Jedi (a certain general maybe?) which takes place in an ancient jedi training room. He explains to Kanan the history of the Jedi and the way of the light side. Besides this he states that he can feel the pull the dark side has on Kanan's apprentice and warns him. After this warning he summons two other jedi and throws Kanan an extra (red?) lightsaber, the four of them spar with the goal of training Kanan and letting him prove his worth as a jedi.

Meanwhile Ahsoka is on her own exploring the temple as well. She comes to a meditation room and falls to her knees when she suddenly hears the voice of someone she hasn't heard of in a long time: Anakin Skywalker, her former master. This can either be the Sith Academy playing with her mind, or the thoughts of the real Darth Vader reaching her as he's exploring the temple in solitude as well. She contemplates the differences between herself and her master and the dark and light side and continues her journey to the center of the Academy, where the Holocrons lie.

At the same time Ezra is on himself exploring another side of the temple, and he comes to a place where he finds a lightsaber half buried in the sand. He switches it on and it turns out to be an ancient lightsaber last used during Old Republic, so the design is ancient. Whose lightsaber it is is anyone's guess. It could be Darth Revan's, the Exile's, random Joe Schmoe's etc. If you really want to have some fun you could say that this is the lightsaber that Kylo Ren will base his lightsaber design on. Moving along, Ezra feels the pull of something powerful more and more, after following it he comes to a giant chamber containing holocrons filled with ancient Sith knowledge, the reason they came to the planet in the first place. Just as he moves to pick up one of the holocrons he hears a voice behind him and turns around to see a cloaked figure in the room, the one Sith lord that the Star Wars saga kind of forgot: Darth Maul. After the ending of the Clone Wars, Maul went on the run to the Academy he learned about in his teachings from Palpetine: the ancient Sith academy on Malachor. He recognizes a need for knowledge of the dark side in Ezra and he offers to teach him about it, as he has been studying them for more than a decade. This is actually a pretty brilliant move of the makers of the series (if they do this, that is) because it accomplishes two things:
- It fixes the loose threads left hanging after the cancellation of TCW containing the resurrection of Maul with no catharsis in the end.

- It gives Ezra a teacher who knows a lot about the dark side but has no stake in turning him to Vader or the Empire.

Kanan, Ahsoka, Vader and the Inquisitors arrive at the central hall as well and from there on the script contains a lot of "They fight." (To quote George Lucas in the making of Ep. III). 

The season ends with Ezra being Maul's new apprentice and on his way to the dark side, Vader recognizing the danger of another Sith Lord opponent, Ahsoka and Kanan being on a quest to save Ezra and redeem him. Ahsoka already saw her master turning and knows that it is a one-way street. Kanan doesn't want to see his teachings fail his student, mirroring how Obi-Wan felt his teachings failed Anakin.

And on that note we begin the excruciating wait to Season 3.

• Like 7

Now we've got three dark jedi inquisitors and two Sith Lords for darksiders. There's also Hammerhead or Thranta-class inspired starships in the early alliance fleet along with a Quasar-fire class carrier.During the Sith Temple scene who's voice is that because its not Maul's or Yoda's who actually appears in person so to speak rather than a voice in Rebels.

On a side note the Malachor thing is a direct reference to the Battle of Malachor V it may be different in both official and expanded universe canon but it is heavily inspired by the concept of having an epic battle that turned the planet into a completely battered husk of a planet.

• Like 1

Now we've got three dark jedi inquisitors and two Sith Lords for darksiders. There's also Hammerhead or Thranta-class inspired starships in the early alliance fleet along with a Quasar-fire class carrier.During the Sith Temple scene who's voice is that because its not Maul's or Yoda's who actually appears in person so to speak rather than a voice in Rebels.

On a side note the Malachor thing is a direct reference to the Battle of Malachor V it may be different in both official and expanded universe canon but it is heavily inspired by the concept of having an epic battle that turned the planet into a completely battered husk of a planet.

All of these allusions to KOTOR implicitly canonize the events of the game, I like to think so at least.

I use the term 'implicit' because of an implied connection to events or history of officially canonized, though not 'explicitly' defined as canon.

Anyways, carry on.

Personally I have always believed that the KOTOR games and what they added to Star Wars Lore always deserved to be more explored, even in the films. I'm glad that, at least part of it is being given praised. They deserve it.

Also I believe that the Trayus Core appeared in the Temple that Kanan, Ezra and Ahsoka entered.

I'm sorry, but who?! Wookieepedia has almost no info about him?

That's my point. He's a Jedi council member in ep. 3. Then he falls off the face of the universe. Seems like a pretty big unknown to have lying around. They might just give him the same treatment as Depa Billaba and Luminara Unduli, but until then I'm suspicious.

That's my point. He's a Jedi council member in ep. 3. Then he falls off the face of the universe. Seems like a pretty big unknown to have lying around. They might just give him the same treatment as Depa Billaba and Luminara Unduli, but until then I'm suspicious.

Honestly with the amount of attention he got through the saga (read: none) it's probably safe to say he's dead like most of the jedi. Especially since we've had no clue saying otherwise.

• Like 1

Honestly with the amount of attention he got through the saga (read: none) it's probably safe to say he's dead like most of the jedi. Especially since we've had no clue saying otherwise.

Fair enough. I'd be inclined to disagree due to him being a council member, but whatever.

Id say he would have been one of many jedi  who Anakin killed in the jedi temple

Judging by the thunder and the red and black look of the temple, it probably is Malachor. 

I'm wanting to think that they're alluding to KotOR being complete canon, and I'm becoming more convinced of that after the discussion about Rakata Prime and now Malachor here. 

However, the temple doesn't look anything like Trayus Acadamy. Although it's definitely possible they've just redesigned it, or maybe it's just another way in similar to Marka Ragnos' tomb in Jedi Academy.

After The Old Republic Twitter retweeting an article about the Malachor connection I'm thinking they are actually planning some connection or canon.

• Like 2

So I just noticed that the last two episodes of this season are titled "Twilight of the Apprentice"

Now, naturally we'd assume that Ahsoka gets offed right there in those episodes, but I think that's too obvious.

What's probably going to happen is KANAN dies and Ezra begins to embrace the dark side, thus turning to Maul for guidance without the knowledge of Ahsoka. I think that would be brilliant

So I just noticed that the last two episodes of this season are titled "Twilight of the Apprentice"

Now, naturally we'd assume that Ahsoka gets offed right there in those episodes, but I think that's too obvious.

What's probably going to happen is KANAN dies and Ezra begins to embrace the dark side, thus turning to Maul for guidance without the knowledge of Ahsoka. I think that would be brilliant

Nah, they probably won't kill the main characters yet. IF Ezra turns to the dark side Kanan has to be there to see it. Ahsoka hasn't had enough on-screen time either. My bet is on either no one dying or Rex dying, his arc with Kanan is done and there isn't really anything else for him to do. Would be cool to see him sacrifice himself for the rebels, only to be killed by his old master from the Clone Wars.