Fair Strides

Download:Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge

I have no way of knowing one way or another... I'd assume that uninstalling Steam version of the game could remove the savegames, also. (At least the recommended way of uninstalling, which is completely wiping clean/removing the whole directory...) I'd advise making backups of your saves.

If you were asking that if your saves would be compatible, that depends solely on what mods you have installed. If you currently have no mods, and if you then install only BoS:SR, they should be. You'll need a save where you have never, ever visited Korriban with that character before, though.

Actually, I had a problem with doors on Orion ship. That was of course because of invalid installation (as I tried to install it without your help then). But after installing this again, it seems that it works - I mean, I used a save already on Orion ship (auto-save), doors've appeared and... For now it works. When I'll have more time, I'll inform if it works in 100%.

Btw, thanks for help :D

Deleted all KOTOR 1 files, did a fresh install

downloaded this mod in 7 parts + the patch

set all files in my KOTOR 1 folder to uncheck read only

replaced all "/" marks with "\" marks in changes.ini within the tslpatchdata folder in both the mod folder and the patch folder, also changed the dates and N/A back to normal

ran the mod installer as an admin, successful install

ran the patch as an admin, successful install

Now, got to the elevator leading to the lower sewers on Taris and the game crashes every time before I can get close enough to talk to the sith officer.

Until now with this fresh install and everything else installed correctly, the game has crashed upwards of 10 times and is borderline unplayable.

very excited for the next update so I can at least finish the 1st world in the game, and so that installing this mod over 15 times now isn't a complete waste

Now, got to the elevator leading to the lower sewers on Taris and the game crashes every time before I can get close enough to talk to the sith officer.

Until now with this fresh install and everything else installed correctly, the game has crashed upwards of 10 times and is borderline unplayable.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but do you, by any chance, have other mods installed? I mean, BoS:SR shouldn't change anything at Taris, if it installed correctly. Of course it's program code we're talking about here, so anything can happen, but before going into that, I'd like to rule out the possibility that it's a mod conflict of sorts.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but do you, by any chance, have other mods installed? I mean, BoS:SR shouldn't change anything at Taris, if it installed correctly. Of course it's program code we're talking about here, so anything can happen, but before going into that, I'd like to rule out the possibility that it's a mod conflict of sorts.

No other mods installed

I played the mod first time around and it was definitely in great shape, most people would rather play through the vanilla game with their own character and plow through this sweet mod instead of using the mod save file

Have you gotten any other reports from people who downloaded the mod and cannot enter certain areas? Wouldn't mind if it was just occasional crashing, but at this point I cannot move forward in the game and lack the know-how to find a workaround

I can't recall hearing any such reports, unfortunately. :mellow: And I do recall being able to play through the vanilla game with my own character, with BoS:SR installed (which was a total nightmare, because of my character build). It was the version from gamefront, though, and my old Win XP machine, so I can't be 100% sure this download is not just oddly broken somehow, or that it's not newer Windows systems disliking it. That's why I need to make a full play-test. Just in case, would you mind to send the savegame from the area where it crashes?

Hey hey! So I'm downloading this version at the moment but wondered if the skipping dialouge issue was resolved. By this I mean sometimes the dialouge skips through the fully voiced characters at a lightspeed pace.

I was having issues with this on my mac appstore version of the game (my cd version is back in the states so I can't test it with that version) - I installed the old version of BOS:SR and the patch with the TSL patcher (with only K1R installed) and thought it was the streamwave files being not being wav files as the mac version requires stuff to be in wav format not mp3. This doesn't seem to be the case and after a few hours of tinkering I'm stumped.

I've checked the thread over on lucasforums and I've only seen this issue twice, one person said they restarted the game and it worked (which I've done numerous times) and the other didn't recieve a response. Thanks for any help you guys can provide.

You might send Rece a PM about this, as I helped him get BoS:SR "working" on his Mac version (I forget what I did and Rece had an issue with a door never loading a module, so we didn't get a full test).

Also, this issue seems to be Mac-specific, so it's rather hard to diagnose.

• Like 1

Will do. I'll keep looking into the problem and let you guys know if I figure out what the issue is on the mac end.

I actually thought this was just a flat out 1 release mod. But really surprised its still being updated, nice work! Downloading asap lol

What more is there to do on this mod? Is the team just bug fixing? Or are they adding more content...?

No more new content. We're really just bug-fixing for now (which won't be for much longer, as the mod really works great already). And as soon as one of the original modders that worked on it has some free time, we will be re-doing and updating some of the custom levels to make use of new techniques that weren't possible back then.

Also, it will be a 2.0 version with everything combined into one installer.

• Like 1

Nothing planned for TSL. That being said, I've kicked around ideas in the past.

What if I install K1R prior to this? Any proper instructions?

Nice to see this being updated.

I would echo the earlier posts about replacing the seperate Revan mask and robes with a disguise version. I think this would be for the best, especially if using the fixed model. The seperate mask looks really odd most of the time, and the lack of any cape fixing mods makes it look really terrible. You would lose the female model if you used the disguise version, but considering that Revan has the standard model in all the pre rendered cutscenes, I don't think it is that big of a problem.

I also had a weird issue when starting up the mod and going to the Orion for the first time. I had the opening credit sequence play, and my companions weren't removed from me. It was like the start script for the Endar Spire had been triggered. I had to go talk to Kelwix for him to start talking to me. It was really weird. This is probably just because I was using the included test save game,  but I wanted to point it out just in case. I will see if it occurs on an actual save game and report back.

Edited by darthbdaman

It is not the mask, it works fine. The problem is the robe. If you don't believe me, try wearing the mask without the robe and robe without the mask. The issue is that character turns head when they take focus on something on their sides, and the hood of the robe doesn't follow the movement, so whatever is on the face (or the face itself) goes straight through the side of the hood. I'm 99% sure I know what to do with it, but it's a major job, and I'm most definitely not going to touch it as long as my tendons haven't healed. One poorly trained model is not worth permanent tissue damage.

As far as your issue at starting Orion goes, did you retry starting it? I don't think FS changed anything there, and I most definitely didn't, and I can't recall ever having that issue myself. Not in there, at least. It sounds very much like the issue I've been having around both K1 and TSL (mods, at least, can't recall if it happens with Vanilla or not) where game obviously feels tired or rebellious and decides to not run some random script. Retrying usually fixes the problem. It's annoying, but I have no idea what's causing it, so it's pretty hard to fix (after all, can't fix a problem if you don't know what the actual problem is).

I get this error at the end. Will it still work?  • Error: Unhandled exception: Cannot create file "C:\Kotor 1 Mods\Brotherhood of Shadow Solomon's Revenge 1.5\backup\modules\bos_orion.mod". The system cannot find the path specified (0) • Error: Unhandled exception: Cannot create file "C:\Kotor 1 Mods\Brotherhood of Shadow Solomon's Revenge 1.5\backup\modules\bos_orion.mod". The system cannot find the path specified (0)