Guest haviik

Requests

My first request is that I want to know if there is anyone to change TSL UI to another color besides the default one. Like this:

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/jH6q96zI3cs/maxresdefault.jpg

Another is if there are any mods that increases the enemies numbers  in TSL/Kotor on some planets, or make them respawn once in awhile. Perhaps even change what they wear and the weapons they use. Maybe there is a mod that does these like for npc's, but I can't remember on the top of my head.

Lastly, I would like to know if there is a mod that changes some of the sith's to non humans in both kotor's. I don't remember if the majority of the sith are human in the two games(mainly because it has to do with the headgear they're wearing), but I think there more non human siths in kotor than in tsl. Like I said, I'm just guessing. But maybe if there is a mod for my second request, it could be use for my third one as well.

There is a mod that changes the TSL interface to a blue similar to K1s gui.

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Blue_Interface_in_TSL;103121

But creating such a mod is probably a real pain since you have to recolor a lot of textures and edit many lines in the .gui files.

And there seem to be some buttons etc with hardcoded colors so that it's pretty much impossible to completely change the ui. That's also the reason why I don't use the mod linked above even if it's very well done otherwise.

There is a mod that changes the TSL interface to a blue similar to K1s gui.

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Blue_Interface_in_TSL;103121

But creating such a mod is probably a real pain since you have to recolor a lot of textures and edit many lines in the .gui files.

And there seem to be some buttons etc with hardcoded colors so that it's pretty much impossible to completely change the ui. That's also the reason why I don't use the mod linked above even if it's very well done otherwise.

You mean you can't map any of the keys using this mod?

You mean you can't map any of the keys using this mod?

No no, but it seems to be impossible to recolor everything, that's what I wanted to say. And therefor there are some turquoise parts of the UI left with this mod, reminding you that it's only a mod while playing.

If I don't get around to making this myself, would someone make a side quest about an hour long hunt across Ilum to scrounge up lightsaber crystals and ancient artifacts? Like holocrons and stuff you'll be partnered with an Archeologist that you meet on Dantooine they hired you to help locate anything that the jedi have left behind so that he can lock them up back on coruscant for safe keeping until the jedi return to recollect there stuff throughout the quest you encounter mercenary's hired by an unknown employer to collect the artifacts and one thing leads to another and the exile has to fight her/his the mercenaries....and well that's all I got as of right know please forgive my lack of periods I'm in a hurry...

Recoloring the UI shouldn't be that difficult, no .gui files needed, just open the textures of the HUD elements, color them to desire and save them .tpg to the KOTOR2 override, keeping the transparency intact.

I don't see any "turquoise" parts in those screenshots, and no, you can pretty much change everything, it's textures aren't hidden or hardcoded or anything...

I've tested the mod and there were parts that had not been recolored even with the edited .gui files included. I think the name of the inventory items were one such thing, but I'm not sure.

New around here, so sorry if this was posted before.

Just wanted to know if someone could reskin/create a robe that looks like the High Trayus robe (or the one the final bosses are wearing in the Dxun tomb). And, yes, I do know there is a mod that does the same on GameFront, but I can't download it 'cos of the region I am living in.

Thx! :D

Well, I guess I owe you, mate. You reminded me of proxies. Searching for one, I stumbled upon a program called HotSpot Shield that allows me to bypass the restriction.

A VERY BIG THANKS! :D ;)

Recoloring the UI shouldn't be that difficult, no .gui files needed, just open the textures of the HUD elements, color them to desire and save them .tpg to the KOTOR2 override, keeping the transparency intact.

I don't see any "turquoise" parts in those screenshots, and no, you can pretty much change everything, it's textures aren't hidden or hardcoded or anything...

.tpg? I've seen .tpc and .tga, but what is .tpg?

Strangely enough, .tpg seems to be a some sort of topographic map. Would be useful for walkmeshes, don't you think?

Anyway, back to topic: I'd love to see a mod, no matter how small, that allows you to find out what happened to real Batu Rem.

//Edit. For TSL, obviously. I guess that needs to be said just in case. I have a habit of thinking that everyone can follow my line of thoughts, even if I don't give enough information to do so without any skill in telepathy...

Strangely enough, .tpg seems to be a some sort of topographic map. Would be useful for walkmeshes, don't you think?

Anyway, back to topic: I'd love to see a mod, no matter how small, that allows you to find out what happened to real Batu Rem.

//Edit. For TSL, obviously. I guess that needs to be said just in case. I have a habit of thinking that everyone can follow my line of thoughts, even if I don't give enough information to do so without any skill in telepathy...

That was originally going to link into GenoHaradan, if I remember correctly. I recall hearing Grenn say something about the assassin coming from powerful people on Nar Shaddaa.

Yes, I know that. I meant that being able to find out what actually happened to real Batu Rem, not the false one. Like finding his body on Nar Shaddaa or something. I doubt that GenoHaradan would have him in force cage at their base or anything like that.

Yeah. I agree that more background information on each quest could definitely make those detective cases more compelling.

The only question I have is how you'd go about it. Would you just add random story elements to explain it, like your suggestion on the real Rem? Or would it be too complicated to add another NPC to discuss the matters with as either a key witness or informant?

Yeah, just dropping his body somewhere would be pretty random (though it could fit in the JJT tunnels, with a datapad that explains why he is there, like the two other bodies there). NPC would definitely be a better choice (the body-find was just an example of a most minimalistic mod possible) though considering that it was meant to be connected to GenoHaradan, having an informant or eye witness sounds very unlikely, unless (s)he is as sneaky as them.

Like lord A'ron. Oh no, I might end up doing it myself, if I continue that way.

Perhaps a person who actually killed him? Maybe the false Batu did not assassinate him but just took an opportunity when TSF officer was killed in a random bar fight.

Hi people. I would like to request a double blade melee replacement pack. I've replaced most default items in my game but I cannot find any models for TSL double bladed swords apart from 2 that I managed to find after a long search. I hate those standard models.. I've recently got all the stuff to make my own but that will take a long time to master. I took a quick google search to look for designs that I like. I don't know the do's and don'ts of copying but these are some i found on google.

I think this one would look good as Freyyr's warblade:
http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/jasonclarke1988/media/dual_bladed_sword_zps0656e584.jpg.html?sort=3&o=40
This would look good as the standard double blade:
http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/jasonclarke1988/media/Two_Bladed_Sword_by_iainstark_zps62eac667.jpg.html?sort=3&o=39
For the vibro double blades, I know its probably a big task but would be great to have something along the lines of Deadman;s vibrosword replacement pack:
http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/jasonclarke1988/media/vibropack_zps80d799b8.jpg.html?sort=3&o=67

Just one would be cool but I thought I would just ask for the world and see what comes :D if anyone is interested but needs more ideas, I could get to work drawing to give a better idea of dimensions and maybe some new designs. I put photobucket links up since I'm a bit clueless on how to post pics.

• Like 1