Jorak Uln

Loading Screens Overhaul

Hey guys, 

its time that Kotor get rid of that old loading gui...

so i want to show you the newest project which is done to a large extent also by Sith Holocron and Fair Strides.

The purpose of it is to redo all Loading Screens of Kotor (and maybe also TSL in future) in SWTOR style fitting my Overhaul Series. 

Im thinking about a new look for the various other screens like a new gui for the workbench, Pazaak etc.

post-11673-0-16485800-1444773608_thumb.jpg

post-11673-0-97277400-1444773610_thumb.jpg

post-11673-0-50257300-1444773888_thumb.jpg

EDIT: 

and a WIP one from TSL:

• Like 1

Why not use screenshots from the actual game? It just seems weird to me to have locations that aren't actual representations of the real areas.

• Like 5

Why not use screenshots from the actual game? It just seems weird to me to have locations that aren't actual representations of the real areas.

I agree. I don't really want loading screens showing me something that's not from the game.

I agree. Maybe you could use Screenshots with some PS filters to make them look like concept art.

Also, The logo is weird. The Game is still kotor after all and not tor.

That may sound like I don't like your screens at all, but I do like The idea and The execution is flawless as always :)

• Like 2

I have a backup logo ready - just in case he changes his mind.

Jorak, how many times are you going to use the Hrakert Rift template? ;)

Wow, I hadn't expected that so many guys wouldn't like them. OK, since you seem to prefer in game screenshots, I will try to work with custom filters.

@ Hassat Hunter: 

A word to the concept art mod - this mod uses concept arts from the net as resource, but since they are mostly for TSL, I have to do start from scratch:

Original:

filtered:

Original:

filtered:

• Like 1

I like the 3rd Taris and the 1st Manaan. But maybe when you do it for the actual mod use the first person mode? I'm sure you're already planning on doing that....just wanted to be safe and make sure it was said. EDIT: Just looked again and noticed it was only Taris in 3rd person.

Also, if you aren't 100% satisfied with the "concept art" filter you could try experimenting with scanlines to make the art have a hologram feel.

I agree with @Kexikus about the logo.

I like the last 2 Taris pictures and the first filtered Manaan one (this one the most) but I think I'd still prefer the original screenshots in both cases (with scanlines for a holographic appearance maybe).

Also, if you want to stick to TORs concept/artwork theme, why not use Kotor concept art?

I'd still prefer the screenshots I think but the main reason why I didn't like your original designs was because they had pictures of things that had clearly nothing to do with the actual game. If you had used Kotor loading screens it would only be a matter of personal taste for me.

Wow I would've just done what I wanted lol but hats of to ya bringing the community wishes without batting an eye. Hmm I like filter 1 or 4 Taris and for Manaan filter 1.

I really like filter 4 for Taris, it would look nice on loading screens

Wow I would've just done what I wanted lol but hats of to ya bringing the community wishes without batting an eye. Hmm I like filter 1 or 4 Taris and for Manaan filter 1.

I don't intend to give up on the SWTOR idea ;)

but if I find the time, i might make this modular with vanilla and non vanilla options...

I personally don't find any of those filters to be particularly outstanding. But the loadscreens could definitely use an overhaul. One thing that I found to my particular liking when working on the Sleheyron loadscreens was default except with color:

load_slem31aa.jpg

I think the holographic lines on color add a fresh new look that does't come across as a quick Photoshop filter. Just an idea.

• Like 3

As I'm trying to work with Jorak's request on the logo, I was hoping for the thread's input on the logo seen on the Loading Screens.

He's looking for something the prequel logo's treatment in the print media - like this:

Star-wars-episode-i---the-phantom-menace

In your opinion, how do these compare?

Jorak%20Uln%20-%20KOTOR1%20Logo%20Take%2

Jorak%20Uln%20-%20KOTOR2%20Logo%20Take%2

• Like 1

Thanks to SS and Fourgott for your input. I thought the SW logo up on top looked a little too large by comparison to the original but I thought I may have been a little too picky.

Thanks to SS and Fourgott for your input. I thought the SW logo up on top looked a little too large by comparison to the original but I thought I may have been a little too picky.

Now that you mention it, it might be a good thing to have that part be the same size as or smaller than the rest... Not too big of an issue though, especially since I didn't notice it until you brought it up  ;).