TheDarkChocolateJedi

Key differences between K1 and TSL...

"Hahaha" vs "I will slaughter all you care for"

That would be the distinction between laugh and threat. I'm specifically thinking laugh, as in "Muhahaha" evil laugh.

Tbh, I like the majority of the planets in KOTOR better than the planets in TSL.  Now, that is not the case for all, but Tatooine, Kashyyyk, and Manann were all very interesting.  Especially, Tatooine.  IMO, if TSL had planets like Tatooine, Kashyyyk, then that would be amazing.  Don't get me wrong, I love Dxun and Onderon, but the music on the KOTOR planets ah, idk just brings back memories.

Tbh, I like the majority of the planets in KOTOR better than the planets in TSL. Now, that is not the case for all, but Tatooine, Kashyyyk, and Manann were all very interesting. Especially, Tatooine. IMO, if TSL had planets like Tatooine, Kashyyyk, then that would be amazing. Don't get me wrong, I love Dxun and Onderon, but the music on the KOTOR planets ah, idk just brings back memories.

I agree about the planet quality, but definitely on the music. In fact, I am curious of what a side-by-side comparison of an hour of gameplay would be like, audio-wise. :)

I agree about the planet quality, but definitely on the music. In fact, I am curious of what a side-by-side comparison of an hour of gameplay would be like, audio-wise. :D

I'm the sort of weirdo who collects the soundtracks from my computer games to listen to them elsewhere. KOTOR1's is way better.

Except for the cantina music. I always liked the Iziz cantina music the best.

Welcome back to another episode of-

Key differences between K1 and TSL...

Today we'll be discussing the villains in KOTOR and TSL

1:Malak and Sion, So first you have malak, revans apprentice and a former jedi knight, he had what every good sith lord had, a good evil laugh, a giant space station that does something destructive, and an army of stupid soldiers.

Malak was very one sided, he wanted to conquer the galaxy and exterminate the republic, with the star forge in one hand and a beer in the... excuse me, and an empire in the other, he was very reckless in his battle tactics. He was very destructive in the way he attacked, when he attacked he went all or nothing, a good example of this is when he turned taris to ash, only to find that his targets had escaped within the last 30 seconds...

Another example is telos, even if Admiral karath was the one to pull the trigger, malak was planning the bombardment of telos all along. He completely desimated Telos IV and had little care for anything or anyone on the planet.

Malak is your average sith lord, he wants to... 1) Conquer the galaxy under any circumstances and precautions he must take to to so.   2) Wipe out the jedi and the republic.   3) Say pathetic things to the main hero during the final conflict, (i.e. The stuff he said to revan on the star forge).

Malak also betrayed his master and shot at revans flagship, nearly killing him, which is something he would have done if not for bastilla keeping revan on "Force life support". Betraying their masters is something Sion and malak have in common.

Lets get down to speaking about sion.

Sion is a sith lord and part of the sith triumvirate, the sith triumvirate is a loose alliance between Darth Traya, Darth Nihilus, Darth Sion, and whatever remained of revans forces leftover from the jedi civil war.

Darth sion is the sith lord of pain, and he goes to show this by always being in constant pain, pain and rage and hate is his fuel, he keeps his body together using the dark side of the force. He can only die if his will is broken. He lives to destroy the jedi and the republic, he lives to seek vengeance on those whom have provoked him. He betrayed his master, darth traya, He and nihilus wanted to have the power for themselves, and they found trayas methods questionable. So nihilus and sion beat traya brutally, they stripped her of her pride, her power, and to an extent, her connection to the force.

Sion had a face off with the jedi exile during the end of the exiles journey to stop the sith triumvirate and find out why she was being hunted, the jedi exile fought sion ruthlessly and with all of her strength, but it was of little use, because each time sion was struck down and torn apart, he would stand back up and revive his gory, deformed body using the dark side of the force.   Until the exile broke his will, she made sion doubt himself, and his will to live was broken, sion didn't know what he felt when the exile showed him the truth that he has been denying all along. Sion then collapsed and fell apart.

Sion was even more evil than malak, malak had a purpose to be evil, to conquer the galaxy. Sion did not care about conquering anything, he merely wished to inflict pain upon the galaxy, sion was evil because he had the power to be evil, and for no other reason but that.

Both were ruthless sith lords, and were to be feared.

Thanks for reading! What are your opinions on this? What do you like better about K1 than you do TSL, what things can you compare?

a good example of this is when he turned taris to ash, only to find that his targets had escaped within the last 30 seconds...

I love the irony of the fact that had Malak not conducted the bombardment, Calo Nord would simply have blown up Bastila and Co. with his detonator.

I love the irony of the fact that had Malak not conducted the bombardment, Calo Nord would simply have blown up Bastila and Co. with his detonator.

As do i, haha! 

I absolutely loved that part of KOTOR1, the face off between you and Calo and davik, then malak proceeds to stop the fighting by letting destruction loose upon the planet.

Can you imagine if they did a live-action film of KOTOR II? It would be the best Star Wars movie ever.

Can you imagine if they did a live-action film of KOTOR II? It would be the best Star Wars movie ever.

Except that they'd change everything up and it'd be terrible.

At any rate, that's what usually happens with movie versions of anything.

• Like 1

Except that they'd change everything up and it'd be terrible.

At any rate, that's what usually happens with movie versions of anything.

As long as they had the good lines and acting, we'd be good.

Maybe so. I doubt it's going to happen though, especially with Disney cancelling the EU and whatnot.

KOTOR II was an amazing game with the Star Wars brand. EA could learn a thing or two from it. You don't need DLC to make a successful game, just a great plot and non-glitchy gameplay.

I didnt think they could screw up a Kotor 3 either, than we got that despicable MMO, TOR

I didnt think they could screw up a Kotor 3 either, than we got that despicable MMO, TOR

Yep, this ^

Also, KOTOR3 is most likely still to happen, i understand that it is fairly unlikely, but i know it is to happen.

Also, KOTOR3 is most likely still to happen, i understand that it is fairly unlikely, but i know it is to happen.

If you know so much about the how, when, and who, why not provide a source.

Otherwise, it is only and ever will be "I think", and never "I know".

exactly, From my understanding, bioware have claimed they are working on a SW game with RPG elements similar to Kotor. Not a Kotor 3... We are more likely to get a remastered version of K1 and K2 than a  K3

This isn't a confirmation, but it definitely shows that our chances of a K3 have been heightened in the 2010s onward rather than back in the mid 2000s onward...http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/24/obsidian-still-thinks-about-knights-of-the-old-republic-3.

Here is a fan project that was in the works, however, it was taken down, and why would you take a fan project down unless you wanted to further use that franchise? here is the link to the channel talking about the game...https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQXHuy0orVBEtD6B_XpDZQw/videos

and this..http://www.jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=15692

Just to show you, the fan project was fairly legit....http://www.moddb.com/games/star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic-3-tea

However, it was taken down, it was copyrighted or whatever and they had to cease working on it, but if you read some of the youtube channel comments in some of the videos on the channel i linked you to, you can see that he said he "Isn't done yet" 

I know that was a fan project, however, it was meant to end up being an actual game, for xbox360 and ps3 ect...

So, why would EA/Bioware/Disney/Lucasarts take down the game if they weren't planning to use the IP again? 

exactly, From my understanding, bioware have claimed they are working on a SW game with RPG elements similar to Kotor. Not a Kotor 3... We are more likely to get a remastered version of K1 and K2 than a  K3

A remastered version of both games would appeal to old fans, and attract MANY new fans, and more fans means more demand for more games, therefore, our chances of a KOTOR3 are heightened more than they've ever been.

Do I really need to point out the odds of getting a remastered version of either game? Just because Haveayap used the words "more likely to get" does not mean "Oh, it's definitely going to happen and our odds are more than 5%."

And why would a fan project be taken down? Hmm... Copyright issues, permission issues, potential EULA issues depending on how they're doing it, financial issues, opening their big mouths and Disney/EA/Bioware figuring out about the project and letting upper management deal with it?

Oh, and just because they have a ModDB page doesn't mean they're all that "legit". Unless they had written and signed permission or a contract from Disney or EA, they're only legit until they get shut-down.

And to stop the upcoming comparison, there is a big difference from a fan project to make a game and a TC mod. A game triggers the idea that it will be sold for profit using someone else's resources. A mod can't be sold for profit (in the KotOR communities, anyways) and if they try to shut-down a mod, they have to acknowledge KotOR Modding, which Bioware hardly allows on their own servers...

• Like 1

Do I really need to point out the odds of getting a remastered version of either game? Just because Haveayap used the words "more likely to get" does not mean "Oh, it's definitely going to happen and our odds are more than 5%."

And why would a fan project be taken down? Hmm... Copyright issues, permission issues, potential EULA issues depending on how they're doing it, financial issues, opening their big mouths and Disney/EA/Bioware figuring out about the project and letting upper management deal with it?

Oh, and just because they have a ModDB page doesn't mean they're all that "legit". Unless they had written and signed permission or a contract from Disney or EA, they're only legit until they get shut-down.

And to stop the upcoming comparison, there is a big difference from a fan project to make a game and a TC mod. A game triggers the idea that it will be sold for profit using someone else's resources. A mod can't be sold for profit (in the KotOR communities, anyways) and if they try to shut-down a mod, they have to acknowledge KotOR Modding, which Bioware hardly allows on their own servers...

I personally do not think they will use this IP again, they may release a remastered version of the games, they may not (and if they do, expect changes because they will only release a remastered version if they see it in their new canon)... But I am certain that a K3 will not be worked on because it is not apart of the new Disneys canon right now (Which has been pretty much confirmed because much of the content in the Kotor series has been changed)

I personally do not think they will use this IP again, they may release a remastered version of the games, they might not (and if they do, expect changes because they will only release a remastered version if they see it in their new canon... But I am certain that a K3 will not be worked on because it is not apart of the new Disneys canon right now (Which has been pretty much confirmed because much of the content in the Kotor series has been changed)

This isn't a confirmation, but it definitely shows that our chances of a K3 have been heightened in the 2010s onward rather than back in the mid 2000s onward...http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/24/obsidian-still-thinks-about-knights-of-the-old-republic-3.

Here is a fan project that was in the works, however, it was taken down, and why would you take a fan project down unless you wanted to further use that franchise? here is the link to the channel talking about the game...https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQXHuy0orVBEtD6B_XpDZQw/videos

and this..http://www.jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=15692

Just to show you, the fan project was fairly legit....http://www.moddb.com/games/star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic-3-tea

However, it was taken down, it was copyrighted or whatever and they had to cease working on it, but if you read some of the youtube channel comments in some of the videos on the channel i linked you to, you can see that he said he "Isn't done yet" 

I know that was a fan project, however, it was meant to end up being an actual game, for xbox360 and ps3 ect...

So, why would EA/Bioware/Disney/Lucasarts take down the game if they weren't planning to use the IP again? 

A remastered version of both games would appeal to old fans, and attract MANY new fans, and more fans means more demand for more games, therefore, our chances of a KOTOR3 are heightened more than they've ever been.

I hope you know they were all fan projects you have listed, and that one fan project on moddb were left with two options; either continue and get sued (because it is illegal to use an IP you do not own) or discontinue from their work which they eventually did (I know one of the people whom were on the team well)

I personally do not think they will use this IP again, they may release a remastered version of the games, they may not (and if they do, expect changes because they will only release a remastered version if they see it in their new canon)... But I am certain that a K3 will not be worked on because it is not apart of the new Disneys canon right now (Which has been pretty much confirmed because much of the content in the Kotor series has been changed)

I hope you know they were all fan projects you have listed, and that one fan project on moddb were left with two options; either continue and get sued (because it is illegal to use an IP you do not own) or discontinue from their work which they eventually did (I know one of the people whom were on the team well)

If you changed something in a "remaster" then it wouldn't be a remaster it would be a reboot and or remake.

Also, they could have continued the game as a mod, but they chose not to.

If you changed something in a "remaster" then it wouldn't be a remaster it would be a reboot and or remake.

Also, they could have continued the game as a mod, but they chose not to.

No, they are making changes in the FF-7 remaster, doesnt change the fact the game is being remastered.

That mod project couldnt continue because they were faced with legal action which they simply did not want to deal with, that is why people like logan or the creators of TJM do not call their total conversions K3 because of legal reasons