1Leonard

Leonard's Faces

I released Kenobi today.

Today I also put together a fix for the default clothes. It always bothered me that the sentinels and consulars didn't wear the clothing they wore in the character creation screen, so I rectified that. This fix can be downloaded here.

I have something else in the works and I've been brainstorming some other things, but I have nothing else to show right now.

They look pretty damn good, I really like the look of the DS transition

Go for Pureblood next. PUREBLOOD NEXT.

I'm working on something else right now. However, I did a small test today and I found out that I can add the geometry they need without screwing up the model.

So I guess you can send me some screens soon with what face you want.

I'm going to take a break for a week or so, but here's a small teaser of my next project (in a very early state):

33yklli.jpg

• Like 1

So it's been a little more than a week. Due to a broken computer and classes starting after it was fixed I don't really have as much time as I used to. However, I have been tinkering with my next project: Kyle Katarn (if you couldn't quess from the preview).

I'm really happy with how his model turned out, though I'm still changing very small bits and pieces every once in a while, you don't want to know how many different noses I've been through...
The texture still requires a lot of work, though the end result is starting to shine through! 

Here's is a new picture of my latest version, his "bangs" aren't detailed yet because I haven't decided how exactly to make them work.

mvszeu.jpg

So it's been a little more than a week. Due to a broken computer and classes starting after it was fixed I don't really have as much time as I used to. However, I have been tinkering with my next project: Kyle Katarn (if you couldn't quess from the preview).

I'm really happy with how his model turned out, though I'm still changing very small bits and pieces every once in a while, you don't want to know how many different noses I've been through...

The texture still requires a lot of work, though the end result is starting to shine through! 

Here's is a new picture of my latest version, his "bangs" aren't detailed yet because I haven't decided how exactly to make them work.

mvszeu.jpg

Leonidas from 300?

That pretty clearly is Kyle Katarn.

Or, in this case, his ancestor, Karl Katarn

That pretty clearly is Kyle Katarn.

Or, in this case, his ancestor, Karl Katarn

Or a lot like Morgan, his (Kyle's) direct predecessor. ;)

Had some time today to do some work. Continued with the hair and just about finished, it's mostly small detail work now! I also made some changes to the model because his cheeks looked kind of bloated in some angles. 

2ir0vno.jpg

Lastly, I painted his eyes. Look at all the detail no one will see!

2wno4si.jpg

looks nice! 

Regarding the details - i often wondered if very detailed eyes or skin pores would make a noticable difference ingame and how significant the engine limitations are?

Looks great! The mustache part of the beard looks a little bit sharp but other than that I like it!

• Like 1

I went back to the original model in Jedi Outcast and remodeled the hair based on that. I'm really pleased with how it turned out.

15i2q2g.jpg

Currently brainstorming on darkside transitions. Anyone have any idea on what would look cool?

Also, I'm wondering if it's possible to recreate his outfit for the default clothing instead of the standard burlap sack? Perhaps by cutting and fusing several different models together? How would I go about doing that (if it's even possible)?

Currently brainstorming on darkside transitions. Anyone have any idea on what would look cool?

I mentioned this elsewhere - and it didn't have an animated comparison - so I'll just revive this suggestion here. Instead of the commonly used veins (which make a skin look like bad marble) or the vibrant Sith eyes, why not go the other way? Go for creepy rather than the neon sign-like "I'm a Sith" and adjust the eyes to lose their color.

This picture already had an albino but I think you'll see what I did here.

Grey%20Eyes%20Animated_zpsxp7e2ry6.gif

The eyes shift to a greyer appearance - like the goodnees has been leeched out of her. Add a slight skin tone change to the skin you have normally as well, and it will make people think "Has he picked up a drug problem?" rather than "Has someone made him an awful comic book villain?"

• Like 1

Think the hair could use some grey to get to that grizzled, middle-age Katarn look. Just an opinion! The model is looking fantastic.

As for dark side transitions, I always thought Kyle would have blazing red eyes and a pale, greyish complexion (unsurprising, I know). But I like SH's idea a lot, too.

Think the hair could use some grey to get to that grizzled, middle-age Katarn look. Just an opinion! The model is looking fantastic.

As for dark side transitions, I always thought Kyle would have blazing red eyes and a pale, greyish complexion (unsurprising, I know). But I like SH's idea a lot, too.

The hair has a lot of grey in the back and a bit on his sides, like he has in Jedi Knight!

Thanks, I'm happy with how the model is turning out as well.

SH's Idea on the dark side transition might be fun to do, I'll try some things to see how it turns out.

The hair has a lot of grey in the back and a bit on his sides, like he has in Jedi Knight!

Thanks, I'm happy with how the model is turning out as well.

SH's Idea on the dark side transition might be fun to do, I'll try some things to see how it turns out.

It currently looks a bit too dark though. I would suggest lightening it up so we can see some detail in the hair. Keep the dark highlights, though.

Unrelated, but does it bother anyone else when lightning is spelled "lightening"? Ugh, it's the worst.